News Forum - Video of feet on bread appears to be from India, not Thailand

Thaiger

A video and news story that sent an uproar through the Thai community of workers at a bread factory putting their feet on the bread before packaging has been revealed to have not taken place in Thailand. The Immigration Bureau had ordered a far-reaching check on breadmaking factories across Thailand and particularly in Bangkok to try to uncover the source of the story. As it turns out, the original video uploaded to YouTube on September 18 was to a channel called Nation Next, whose logo is clearly displayed at the beginning and as a watermark throughout the video. The YouTube […]

The post Video of feet on bread appears to be from India, not Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Well someone put their foot in it … so to speak.

Never mind. Once they run out of stories to repeat, they'll start throwing out the "lists" 🤣

34 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Old news... Already spotted by a member 2 days ago.

Not only "spotted by a member 2 days ago" but widely reported as such by Thai news and social media well before the Thaiger article, which had little connection to the source cited,  appeared.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Not only "spotted by a member 2 days ago" but widely reported as such by Thai news and social media well before the Thaiger article, which had little connection to the source cited,  appeared.

Thaiger just aggregates (copies) stories from other news outlets. You'll see the attribution/credit at the bottom of their articles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Speaking in hindsight, it was painfully obvious that it wasn't photographed in Thailand.

But perhaps not obvious to some Thais whom one could argue should have been more astute.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

But perhaps not obvious to some Thais whom one could argue should have been more astute.

I was speaking personally. I'm not one to insert myself on a nationality like some.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S2k said:

Thaiger just aggregates (copies) stories from other news outlets. You'll see the attribution/credit at the bottom of their articles.

I'm very well aware of that - however as I said and you appear to have missed, and as others also said when the original report appeared in the Thaiger, what was reported in the Thaiger bore little resemblance to what was written in the supposed source.

Some put it far more strongly than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

If you read the source, they weren't the ones who made up the story which was trashed in both Thai news and Thai social media.

Some, as I've said above, made their view of those making up this story rather more strongly than me - although I fully agree.

1 minute ago, Jouni said:

A fine example of the lunatic hystery of Thais.
(And they don't even EAT bread!!!)

This country really is at the development stage of a 7-year old child; up to the dictator himself. Huuuuuge majority of Thais.

Do elaborate a bit more .

What aspect of this story do you consider to be "lunatic" ?

3 hours ago, Jouni said:

This country really is at the development stage of a 7-year old child; up to the dictator himself. Huuuuuge majority of Thais.

In case you still don't get it, it wasn't "Thais" that made a meal of this and hyped it up, but farangs.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, S2k said:

thaiger translates Thai news stories. 
This example the story they transalate

1) say that will check IF is Thailand, not think so. Thaiger did not show in Thaiger translation.

2) most of the story in Thaiger version is NOT in Na Neaw version. They add themself. Sure. 

Clickbait. 

And this Thaiger story say “Angry commenters in the Thai community reacted with rage to the video showing workers in a bread factory putting their feet on the bread and even licking the bread products before putting them in their packaging.“ 

Really? Where are the angry “commenters”? We have a link? 
“Rage” . Really? Have photo of riot? 
Exaggerations! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jouni said:

A fine example of somebody who believe clickbait. 

naive. 

Thais don’t eat bread? Every supermarket and 7/11 etc sell bread. For who? The Indians?

Hmmm, you know huuuuge majority of Thais? Can you understand Thai language? Or you just “imagine” what you think the huuuuge majority think?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Well, now that that's been sorted, we can all get some sleep!!! I'm sure all Thaiger readers were on the edge of their seats.....

Thaiger readers can eat more bread now.

3 hours ago, Jouni said:

Mmmmm examples ….. MacDonalds, Burger King, KFC. ….. Yep Thais eat Bread!

21 hours ago, S2k said:

It’s called a Footnote

• Haha 1