News Forum - Thailand Top Stories | Thailand’s security council approves Emergency Decree extension | Sep 24

Thaiger

Caitlin gives us a covid update as well as all the morning headlines across Thailand and regional headlines around Asia: Thailand’s security council approves Emergency Decree extension; Malaysia and Singapore discuss border reopening.

The post Thailand Top Stories | Thailand’s security council approves Emergency Decree extension | Sep 24 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I've had good confidence that Singapore can handle Covid. Malaysia was doing well and then had a Delta "Tsunami". Singapore has to balance being a successful airline hub against the risk of a sizeable outbreak coming across the border from Malaysia. So which option will make the country more money to recover? I'm thinking maybe being an airline hub. There needs to be a redefinition of "transit" and what that means in a world of Covid.

• Like 1

Further to my last comment I just checked the figures. Singapore should keep it's borders closed to Malayasia and concentrate on being an airline hub. The only exception is if Malaysia and Singapore are over 80% vaccinated. (Singapore quite possibly....Malaysia....almost impossibly). If Singapore wants people to transit through Changi, keep the borders closed to Malaysia.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, Griff1315 said:

OMG Shock and Horror 

They extended the Emergency Decree nobody could see that coming could they. 🤪🤪🤪 

I guess you have this in mind, too and why their pants are burning

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/25/everything-has-exploded-now-on-the-streets-with-thailands-protesters

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stardust said:

How astute of you LOL. 

This government will die kicking and screaming before giving up any powers they can use to control the people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

How astute of you LOL. 

This government will die kicking and screaming before giving up any powers they can use to control the people.

Possibly not just die kicking and screaming but given the history of the leader, will die shooting innocents as well.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Possibly not just die kicking and screaming but given the history of the leader, will die shooting innocents as well.

Yes probably taking pointers from his biggest ally Xi Jinping. 

• Like 2

Yes probably taking pointers from his biggest ally Xi Jinping. 

Maybe but after what he was responsible for as Commader-in-Chief in 2010 I don't think he needed any pointers and as far as I am aware there has been no reports of Xi Jinping allowing his army to shoot dead any nurses whilst tending to the injured in a Temple, unlike this current leader here did.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Maybe but after what he was responsible for as Commader-in-Chief in 2010 I don't think he needed any pointers and as far as I am aware there has been no reports of Xi Jinping allowing his army to shoot dead any nurses whilst tending to the injured in a Temple, unlike this current leader here did.

You will never hear about the atrocities that have occurred in the name of Xi Jinping. One thing China is good at is blocking the world media from discovering the truth.

• Like 1

You will never hear about the atrocities that have occurred in the name of Xi Jinping. One thing China is good at is blocking the world media from discovering the truth.

And making fireworks 😂

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Historically, it appears that's how Thai Authoritarians resolve their problems. 

Good Buddhists that they are.