News Forum - Weather warning issued as tropical storm Dianmu approaches

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

Glad you've clarified that. For a moment I thought you were living in a rowing boat on the Mekhong.

If I had a rowing boat on the Mekhong I probably would be as rich ad Joe Ferarri by doing the nightly drugs transfers 😁

53 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

As posted above, 'Little rain, here in Isan, since Wed night and not all that much on my online forecast neither.'

We're twixt Udon Thani and Sak-Nak. Where-abouts are you, @Faraday?

Nongbualamphu.....& it's still raining...! 🌧️🌧️

The dog's not happy, can't go out. Said he feels ruff.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Faraday said:
49 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

BTW I could have sworn 60 km north of Udon was better known as Nong Khai.

What words would you have used .?

Flipperty stick.

5 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Nongbualamphu.....& it's still raining...! 🌧️🌧️

The dog's not happy, can't go out. Said he feels ruff.

He could go out if you got yer act together and bought him some wellingtons.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Rain stopped about 5 minutes ago.

It'll be back; it's like being back in blighty in the summertime.

I hear what you say about the UK but not often did we have rain there and it was still 28 c.

South Phetchabun, a river running down Soi 2.

The boats out now evacuating the old folk from flooded houses. We are 2km west of River Pa Sak, I would say the banks have broken. 

IMG_20210926_062528_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG_20210926_062835.jpg

IMG_20210926_065000.jpg

Edited by billyburi
Spelling

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

Have they broken or just been overflowed?

Not entirely sure, I can not get down to look. They widened many kms of that river some years back now, but this is the worse storm in recent rainy seasons. That small river running past my house for several hours now. All my neighbours houses are flooded, the Thai builder who did our place told us to build high because of the river. I've been here over 15 years now, incidentally most of the town (Phu Toei) is under water. 

IMG_20210926_062258_1_BURST002.jpg

"the central Vietnamese province of Quang." There is no such province in Vietnam. Perhaps you mean Quang Nam or Quang Ngai? Why do you not check articles before just copying them? Or provide a disclaimer saying "This article is just a direct copy and we have not reviewed it for accuracy."

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, Stonker said:
On 9/25/2021 at 11:29 AM, King Cotton said:

Little rain, here in Isan, since Wed night and not all that much on my online forecast neither. We'll soon see, but you'd better be quick to grab that washing!

Raining in Loei for the last three weeks, off and on - sometimes heavy, sometimes a drizzle.

Mushrooming's good but cycling's out, so's painting, and the lawn was cut just in time.

Electricity's out too, for the last few hours, so I'm  down to commenting here - why should I be the only one to suffer ... 😯

A beautiful early evening here, now. Looks like we've escaped the storms again but I hope I don't live to regret those optimistic noises.

11 hours ago, billyburi said:

Not entirely sure, I can not get down to look. They widened many kms of that river some years back now, but this is the worse storm in recent rainy seasons. That small river running past my house for several hours now. All my neighbours houses are flooded, the Thai builder who did our place told us to build high because of the river. I've been here over 15 years now, incidentally most of the town (Phu Toei) is under water. 

IMG_20210926_062258_1_BURST002.jpg

Wow.

Fortunately we live up in the hills so if it rains here it's still like Mt Ararat, but I've never known so much steady dreary drizzle for so long as the last few weeks - mixed with the occasional storm for good measure.

Good for the rice crop, as long as it survives, but little else.

Sorry for the tourists 😢

• Like 1