News Forum - Weather warning issued as tropical storm Dianmu approaches

Thaiger

The Thai Meteorological Department has issued a warning for the North, Northeast, East and Central regions, as it monitors tropical storm Dianmu, which is expected to be downgraded to a tropical depression. The TMD says the storm made landfall over the central Vietnamese province of Quang this morning and is about 260 kilometres southeast of Amnat Charoen province, in north-east Thailand. With maximum sustained winds of 65 kilometres an hour, the storm is moving west at around 20 kilometres an hour and expected to become a tropical depression as it reaches Amnat Charoen and neighbouring Ubon Ratchathani. More rain is […]

The post Weather warning issued as tropical storm Dianmu approaches appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Good, we need more rain up here

Yesterday evening we had an extremely prolonged and massive downpour with some blustery wind in the middle of.  All night continued light rain. Have had quite consistent lighter daily rains over the last 10 days too. The best sort of rain .

While some places might need a few days break here would be nice though. Not looking like that will happen .

• Like 1

Well, only you folk in the north are going to get this one...follow the red line.

But keep an eye on the one that is to the east of the Philippines.  Slightly stronger and is still building.

map.thumb.jpg.6eedd2e963b60593275bca75b0de8437.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Well, only you folk in the north are going to get this one...follow the red line.

But keep an eye on the one that is to the east of the Philippines.  Slightly stronger and is still building.

map.thumb.jpg.6eedd2e963b60593275bca75b0de8437.jpg

Sounds good to me. Yesterday had some good rain as well.

• Like 1

Seems like the folks at the Thailand Meteorology Department made a slight error in predicting the direction of the storm.

Down in the South we weren't to get anything...but the latest radar appears to show our streets will be running soon.

420109762_satwx.jpg.8bbbe4e94976920e0760e73e2d6952ae.jpg

And I just hung out my wash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Seems like the folks at the Thailand Meteorology Department made a slight error in predicting the direction of the storm.

And the Philippines one that you mentioned yesterday . . . is that still looking threatening?

Little rain, here in Isan, since Wed night and not all that much on my online forecast neither. We'll soon see, but you'd better be quick to grab that washing!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Little rain, here in Isan, since Wed night and not all that much on my online forecast neither. We'll soon see, but you'd better be quick to grab that washing!

Raining in Loei for the last three weeks, off and on - sometimes heavy, sometimes a drizzle.

Mushrooming's good but cycling's out, so's painting, and the lawn was cut just in time.

Electricity's out too, for the last few hours, so I'm  down to commenting here - why should I be the only one to suffer ... 😯

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

. . . so I'm  down to commenting here - . . .

Yeah, life can be a real bitch at times (:-) I'm still struggling to get my writing head back on. It's been AWOL now for over 2 months and it's getting me worried!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yeah, life can be a real bitch at times (:-) I'm still struggling to get my writing head back on. It's been AWOL now for over 2 months and it's getting me worried!

Get Toby on the case ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

You are joking, of course . . . I need fixing, not funeralising!  (Good word, eh?)

Wrong Toby - the resident of Pinchin Lane, sometimes 221b.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

4 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Back on topic....,😀

What's the weather like where you are?

Rained most of yesterday & last night. This morning until now, no let up at all.

As posted above, 'Little rain, here in Isan, since Wed night and not all that much on my online forecast neither.'

We're twixt Udon Thani and Sak-Nak. Where-abouts are you, @Faraday?

58 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

You are joking, of course . . . I need fixing, not funeralising!  (Good word, eh?)

As long as 'funeralising' isn't followed by a full stop.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

As posted above, 'Little rain, here in Isan, since Wed night and not all that much on my online forecast neither.'

We're twixt Udon Thani and Sak-Nak. Where-abouts are you, @Faraday?

60 km N of Udon and slight drizzle this morning but pleasantly windy

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

60 km N of Udon and slight drizzle this morning but pleasantly windy

BTW I could have sworn 60 km north of Udon was better known as Nong Khai.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesofa said:

BTW I could have sworn 60 km north of was better known as Nong Khai.

Well strictly speaking NNE of Udon as we are 24 km from Nong Khai. 

16 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

What's the weather like where you are?

Bueng Kan Seka area- winds are building, dark clouds on the horizon, and the beer is cold!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well strictly speaking NNE of Udon as we are 24 km from Nong Khai. 

Glad you've clarified that. For a moment I thought you were living in a rowing boat on the Mekhong.

• Haha 2