News Forum - Tourism operators slam government as re-opening postponed to November

Thaiger

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Shocking how many people are debating the virus and vaccination when the story is whether Thailand will be open for tourism in November.

Is there some fundamental reason that people have to trot out their soapbox theories and opinions on every damned thread in the forum?

I know, I agree. Why argue about who's doing what when it isn't material?

It's disappointing, but that's the way it falls.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, divrg said:

well, should i have called them a "significant threat"?

No just explain why they’re not a threat. If the whole point of the vaccines hasn’t  sunk in yet there’s not a lot I can help you with. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Benroon said:

No just explain why they’re not a threat. If the whole point of the vaccines hasn’t  sunk in yet there’s not a lot I can help you with. 

Looks like you will never be able to help me, as the point of the vaccines was never able to make it beyond my 'common sense' risk-barrier.

7 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Looks like you will never be able to help me, as the point of the vaccines was never able to make it beyond my 'common sense' risk-barrier.

I knew that many many months ago 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

23 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Shocking how many people are debating the virus and vaccination when the story is whether Thailand will be open for tourism in November.

Is there some fundamental reason that people have to trot out their soapbox theories and opinions on every damned thread in the forum?

Given the reopening will solely depend on the vaccination rates I don’t know why you’re miffed

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Given the reopening will solely depend on the vaccination rates I don’t know why you’re miffed

People aren't debating about the rates, they are debating about the vaccines themselves, which haven't squat to do with how many people get vaccinated or need to be in order to open.

• Like 1

Good good. This govt. deserves to be punished. They deserve to suffer, they deserve massive humiliation and pain.

The economy is now expected to return to its pre-pandemic level in 2023, Kiatipong Ariyapruchya, senior World Bank economist for Thailand, told a virtual briefing.

Huh? Predicting a post Covid economy for a nation that was hugely dependent on a grossly sabotaged tourism and sex industry, is likely to have the same accuracy level of guessing the winning numbers for the  upcoming mega millions in the US, when it tops $100 million. 

Sheer ridiculousness at best. Stunning foolhardiness is more appropriate a description for these absolute fools. 

Edited by dmacarelli

4 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Good good. This govt. deserves to be punished. They deserve to suffer, they deserve massive humiliation and pain.

The economy is now expected to return to its pre-pandemic level in 2023, Kiatipong Ariyapruchya, senior World Bank economist for Thailand, told a virtual briefing.

Huh? Predicting a post Covid economy for a nation that was hugely dependent on a grossly sabotaged tourism and sex industry, is likely to have the same accuracy level of guessing the winning numbers for the  upcoming mega millions in the US, when it tops $100 million. 

Sheer ridiculousness at best. Stunning foolhardiness is more appropriate a description for these absolute fools. 

Maybe he did his work experience for TAT or wants a job there? 🤔

I am desperate to see my grandson. Wondering why the powers that be cannot get it together abd reopen the country when the say they will instead of changing dates repeatedly. I am just one grandmother but I join many other people, airlines, businesses whose livelihood depends on the reopening. The lack of any clear plan is an outrage.  I have received both Pfizer vaccines, as well as a Pfizer booster. LET ME IN!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I am desperate to see my grandson. Wondering why the powers that be cannot get it together abd reopen the country when the say they will instead of changing dates repeatedly. I am just one grandmother but I join many other people, airlines, businesses whose livelihood depends on the reopening. The lack of any clear plan is an outrage.  I have received both Pfizer vaccines, as well as a Pfizer booster. LET ME IN!

The fact you have had two vaccines means you are protected, you can still pass the virus onto other people and seeing as most Thai people have not been vaccinated yet why should they put themselves at risk?

See your grandson online via a video link, Thai people need to be as protected as we are and until they have been vaccinated as a nation they are still at risk. 

I have not seen the people I wish to see for over a year in Thailand but I will wait until Thailand as a nation has been vaccinated to the same level as we have been in the West before I go. 

20 minutes ago, Leigh said:

You can go in. A few hoops to jump through but that's it.