Old German Beerhouse - Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok

KaptainRob

Another of my favourite restaurants in Bangkok is this well known and long established 'Beerhouse', a mini hofbrauhaus reminiscent of Munich, complete with a bird-watchers bar out front of the main sports bar and casual dining area,  There's a quieter dining section toward the rear that's quieter,

The restaurant is modern, rebuilt a few years ago on it's original site by Monica, daughter of the German founder, the OGB adjoins the ground floor of a new hotel tower, named ELEVEN.  A spacious, comfortable 'beerhouse' replete with German beers on tap, the food is fabulous.  An extensive menu caters to all tastes, Thai, Italian, Seafood etc, but the specialty is of course German style snitzel, sausage and pork hock to die for!

Service is fast, mainly attended by pretty young things of course.

If not for Covid I'd be down there now, I have the craving ... 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Sounds like just my sort of place, KR. I have some fond memories of German beer; some from trade shows at Dusseldorf in 1986 and the others, when some naughty Germans tried to get me and my pals drunk, one evening, during a school trip (circa 1960), and we called in at this nice-looking bar, just to see if the German beer was as good as the English stuff.

A group of locals, sitting at the next table, decided to make sure that we got the taste, as they plied us with several varieties of pale, dark and 'in-between' beer. Needless to say, it was four very wobbly teenagers who tried to find their way back to the hostel, that evening. And needless to say, too, that I did something pretty unpleasant in one of the hedgerows that we passed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 12:54 AM, KaptainRob said:

Another of my favourite restaurants in Bangkok is this well known and long established 'Beerhouse', a mini hofbrauhaus reminiscent of Munich, complete with a bird-watchers bar out front of the main sports bar and casual dining area,  There's a quieter dining section toward the rear that's quieter,

The restaurant is modern, rebuilt a few years ago on it's original site by Monica, daughter of the German founder, the OGB adjoins the ground floor of a new hotel tower, named ELEVEN.  A spacious, comfortable 'beerhouse' replete with German beers on tap, the food is fabulous.  An extensive menu caters to all tastes, Thai, Italian, Seafood etc, but the specialty is of course German style snitzel, sausage and pork hock to die for!

Service is fast, mainly attended by pretty young things of course.

If not for Covid I'd be down there now, I have the craving ... 

https://www.ogb-bangkok.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/015.jpg

Is the beer all imported lagers? 

How much is the schnitzel? Is it locally made or imported?

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Is the beer all imported lagers? 

How much is the schnitzel? Is it locally made or imported?

They also have local beer, Singha and Heineken on tap.  Schnitzel is made on the premises I believe. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...