News Forum - Quarantine shortening proposed for certain situations

Thaiger

In an attempt to boost the economy, the National Communicable Disease Committee is proposing a shortening of quarantine periods for travellers under certain circumstances. The proposal was made in a meeting today of the committee with Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul chairing the meeting and vowing to pass on the plan to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. The idea is to shorten quarantine lengths based on the risk of the traveller and the amount they are protected from Covid-19. It would apply to both domestic and international travellers in key popular tourist destinations. The plan calls for the […]

The post Quarantine shortening proposed for certain situations appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Nothing surprises me so perhaps Anutin's next brainwave will be to reduce quarantine to 15 minutes which would allow sufficient time for incoming travellers to pass money to immigration police.

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Nothing surprises me so perhaps Anutin's next brainwave will be to reduce quarantine to 15 minutes which would allow sufficient time for incoming travellers to pass money to immigration police.

They might find a way to muck that up as well.

We certainly do require some reasonable and level-headed folks in charge. 

That would be nice, I am at day 9 in quarantine. I am fully vaccinated and I have had 3 covid tests in the last 10 days. I'm guessing I don't have Covid. But, I have to stay locked up for another 6 days in a facility where the chance of catching covid is high. Quarantine is hard, the Hotel I stay is comfortable and the food is good but the lack of human interaction and the inactivity is difficult. I would not voluntarily do another 14 day quarantine ever.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

In an attempt to boost the economy, the National Communicable Disease Committee is proposing a shortening of quarantine periods for travellers under certain circumstances.

Allegedly this will occur?

56 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The proposal was made in a meeting today of the committee with Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul chairing the meeting

Nuff, said, never happen. Apparently citing chain of command technicalities, ….. oh wrong article same person!

1 hour ago, Cozi said:

I'm guessing I don't have Covid. But, I have to stay locked up for another 6 days

Negative Ghost rider, The pattern is full!

Don’t let your guard down and stay safe for the remainder of your quarantine. At least you have the Thai news to keep you amused.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Visitors who are only missing a proper vaccine certificate ...

So = unvaccinated.

In other words reducing the quarantine period from  14 days to ten for uncaccinated and to seven for vaccinated, and the tests from three to two.

Just window dressing - there will be no tourists until there can be tourism;

... and there will be no tourism until there are no masks, travel or other restrictions;

... and you can't remove mask, travel and other restrictions until enough are vaccinated.

Pretty simple - stop pratting about, accept it, and get on with it.

5 hours ago, Cozi said:

That would be nice, I am at day 9 in quarantine. I am fully vaccinated and I have had 3 covid tests in the last 10 days. I'm guessing I don't have Covid. But, I have to stay locked up for another 6 days in a facility where the chance of catching covid is high. Quarantine is hard, the Hotel I stay is comfortable and the food is good but the lack of human interaction and the inactivity is difficult. I would not voluntarily do another 14 day quarantine ever.

No offence intended at all, @Cozi, but I genuinely can't help wondering why you went to all the trouble?

Without getting too personal, why?

So they get out, openly travel, pick up the virus and spread it to nun vaccinated folk in those special areas. Especially with the domestic travelers. Sorry but they just need to get their act together and stop blaming everyone else with their smoke and mirrors from them who are not getting the good vaccines in here. But they don’t want any other vaccines except the 2 ones they keep forcing as the way it looks. 

6 hours ago, Cozi said:

I am at day 9 in quarantine. I am fully vaccinated and I have had 3 covid tests in the last 10 days

I finished my quarantine last Friday. I did it because I live here. I cannot imagine a "tourist" going through that, or even 7 days of 'that'. In reality I don't expect them to open up in a meaningful way this 'high season'. Maybe 2022 will be better.

6 hours ago, Cozi said:

It's not the best way to travel with quarantine and multiple regulations. Looking forward to quarantine free and easy travel, hopefully back to norm soon. Anyhow this is a step forward

It's become apparent in a number of countries, that openned up too early (ie under 70% fully vaccinated), that the Delta strain has been unforgiving. Such is the case in Phuket at the moment. Interesting that the government hasn't closed it down, despite the numbers breaking through the thresholds that the government itself set. It's at least good to see the foreign tourists aren't the source of infection as they have been PCR tested and fully vaccinated.  So a big push to get the majority of Thais in Phuket (80% or better) fully vaccinated, may be able to prolong international arrivals coming through the high season. Phuket is an island and measures can be taken to cut it off from the rest of Thailand. But such things as truck drivers coming from other provinces to do deliveries is an obvious source. This could be negated by having interchange drivers from Phuket taking the goods to their destination in Phuket. This would stop driver's from other provinces needing to go through all the red tape as they wouldn't be entering Phuket.

• 2 weeks later...

UK have just removed Thailand from return red listed country .Having been fully vaccinated am hoping choices of sandboxes in early December are plentiful!