News Forum - Thailand News Today | Expat “dual pricing” at Thai hospital lawsuit; Patong bars raided | September 23

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/Gv8hDceE5k0 Thailand News Today | Expat “dual pricing” at Thai hospital lawsuit; Patong bars raided|September 23 | Next week, Thai authorities will announce the outcome of the highly anticipated “dual pricing” case. As the government prepares to debate the future of the Emergency Decree a new legal amendment means some of its powers could remain. Police in Phuket have begun raiding and shutting down venues that have been bypassing the provincial order that bans the sale of alcohol.

The post Thailand News Today | Expat “dual pricing” at Thai hospital lawsuit; Patong bars raided | September 23 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

https://youtu.be/Gv8hDceE5k0 Thailand News Today | Expat “dual pricing” at Thai hospital lawsuit; Patong bars raided|September 23 | Next week, Thai authorities will announce the outcome of the highly anticipated “dual pricing” case. As the government prepares to debate the future of the Emergency Decree a new legal amendment means some of its powers could remain. Police in Phuket have begun raiding and shutting down venues that have been bypassing the provincial order that bans the sale of alcohol.

The post Thailand News Today | Expat “dual pricing” at Thai hospital lawsuit; Patong bars raided | September 23 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"He (Anutin) adds that there are 700,000 to 800,000 doses being administered every day". 

Daily first and second doses (7-day) averaging around 600,000. Source https://ddc.moph.go.th/vaccine-covid19/.  We DO often, now see dosages exceed 800,000 a day, maybe twice a week, but weekend rates still significantly reduce the average.

I'll eagerly anticipate the end of the month, where the DDC have targeted a million a day (https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2184115/ddc-closes-in-on-new-dose-target). 

I want i to be true, but not necessarily so I can give Anutin a positive FACT-CHECK..!!

• Like 1

I know we prefer to side with the ever-present nonsense, negativity and sideshows that occur daily - 

But there is a positive aspect that hidden in all this crap.

Amazingly, the vaccination percentile rate is growing rapidly - presently, I believe it's standing just short of 22%........and increasing every week. We'll get there.

Could be worse, considering how the overall vaccination programs were completely mangled, mismanaged and politicized from the first few months. Finally, appears to be kicking into gear - despite all of the continuing BS. 

On a comparative note - most of the world is lagging behind in their attempts to vaccinate their respective populations. Of course there are a few exceptions that find themselves in the 50-55 percentile, and these handful of so called success stories are still troubled in every which way.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

I know we prefer to side with the ever-present nonsense, negativity and sideshows that occur daily - 

Amazingly, the vaccination percentile rate is growing rapidly - presently, I believe it's standing just short of 22%........and increasing every week. We'll get there.

Could be worse, considering how the overall vaccination programs were completely mangled, mismanaged and politicized from the first few months. Finally, appears to be kicking into gear - despite all of the continuing BS. 

On a comparative note - most of the world is lagging behind in their attempts to vaccinate their respective populations. Of course there are a few exceptions that find themselves in the 50-55 percentile, and these handful of so called success stories are still troubled in every which way.

I have seen it in Canada firsthand and other countries from afar

But once the vaccination projects "kick in" they do get rolling pretty fast

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:08 AM, Rain said:

So what? Is that supposed to dismiss the wasted months and countless deaths due to the utter malfeasance of "elected" officials? In your logic, since other countries or parts of the world are doing the same or worse, it's all OK. That's a terrible way to justify poor performance and just enables mediocrity, at best.

9 minutes ago, Blogosopher said:

So what? Is that supposed to dismiss the wasted months and countless deaths due to the utter malfeasance of "elected" officials? In your logic, since other countries or parts of the world are doing the same or worse, it's all OK. That's a terrible way to justify poor performance and just enables mediocrity, at best.

IMO the basic problem with your criticism is in reference to "elected" officials. If it can be accepted that Thailand could/should have done better it need be acknowledged that the comparisons to other countries that have done same or worse which did indeed have generally accepted more democratically "elected" officials then does that not indicate fair comparison regardless? It has been a global cluster issue !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blogosopher said:

It's called giving credit where it's due / taking a balanced view / having an open mind.

Constant criticism regardless of performance, whether of the government or other posters, not only  becomes meaningless if bad performance is no worse than good, but it's also bl**dy boring - as some here amply demonstrate on a regular basis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blogosopher said:

... "elected" officials ...

Like it or not, the government were all elected freely and fairly, as was the PM who was not only elected in accordance with the Constitution (which was also supported by a majority as was the separate vote approving how the PM was chosen, although whether those votes were fair is arguable) but the PM and ministers have also won every vote of confidence by a sizeable majority of elected MPs.

That's not to defend them in any way, but to suggest the elections were rigged is simply wrong.  All countries make mistakes in choosing their leaders, some more than others, but that's how it works.

In the experience in my country, the vaccine rollout started slowly as supply was the problem. Now half the over 16 population are fully vaccinated and daily numbers are really ramping up. The thing will be to keep that momentum going and the supply along with it. I think the journey to the next milestone  (80% of over 16) will be the biggest challenge.

• Like 1