Sinovac ineffective for the elderly says joint research by Chiang Mai University

Bob20

CMU Medical center is actually really top notch in many ways if you ask me. Well that doesn't surprise me one bit. Just more information on how much of a crap thing Sinovac is.

Edited by Faz
off topic link removed.
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Color me "not surprised".

Just happens I found that crayon color sitting between "Unmellow Yellow" and "Mauvelous" in the kids Crayola box.  Kind of a dull grey-ish hue, quite unremarkable actually.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Millions too many.  But did you mean to ask about the kickbacks? 

Even more than there just there for an emergency hospital jab is way way way too much. Bunch of Bozos who are more than likely stuffing their off shore account pockets.

• Like 2

Pushing the Sinovac as they can get it quickly into the arms of the population, Injection days are nearly everyday now instead of 3 days a week.  Clinics set up in temples and anything resembling offical buildings our way, and a 2 week turn around for the second jab. Took 4 hours to get my first jab, (no 2nd yet) Thais are in and out of these clinics in under 2 hours. 

Government is terrified of this RED LIST and want off it yesterday, get 80% vax, no red list, open the doors and the money flows in. Financial problems solved.

So who cares (in the Govt. at least) if it is no good they have the all important 80% number.

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

Pushing the Sinovac as they can get it quickly into the arms of the population, Injection days are nearly everyday now instead of 3 days a week.  Clinics set up in temples and anything resembling offical buildings our way, and a 2 week turn around for the second jab. Took 4 hours to get my first jab, (no 2nd yet) Thais are in and out of these clinics in under 2 hours. 

Government is terrified of this RED LIST and want off it yesterday, get 80% vax, no red list, open the doors and the money flows in. Financial problems solved.

So who cares (in the Govt. at least) if it is no good they have the all important 80% number.

Guess what? Foreign countries don't just look at the percentage. That red-listing isn't going to be removed soon. My guess is that the majority of tourists won't be able to book for this "winter high-season", so forget it until winter 2022/23. 

If we do well with the vaccination spree, we should be happy to have increased domestic tourism by mid-Q1 2022 and a reasonable normal Songkran.

13 minutes ago, palooka said:

I am pretty sure one of the reasons why Thailand is on the UK's red list is because a Thai vaccination certificate has zero security features such as you see in bank notes and passports.  Right now a vaccination certificate is a travel document and it is no good if you can fake up a certificate in ten minutes.

24 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

I am pretty sure one of the reasons why Thailand is on the UK's red list is because a Thai vaccination certificate has zero security features such as you see in bank notes and passports.  Right now a vaccination certificate is a travel document and it is no good if you can fake up a certificate in ten minutes.

No, the red-list is mainly for UK residents traveling back to the UK.

As it stands, the UK will not recognise Sinovac at all, even if there was a fully foolproof vaccine passport. 

39 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

No, the red-list is mainly for UK residents traveling back to the UK.

As it stands, the UK will not recognise Sinovac at all, even if there was a fully foolproof vaccine passport. 

I maintain what I said.  If Thai vaccine certificates were credible there would be no good reason to have British Citizens quarantine on arrival if they had been vaccinated with a vaccine acceptable to the UK.

The Sinovac thing is a separate issue.  I can understand why the British choose not to accept it.

Just now, Changnam43 said:

I maintain what I said.  If Thai vaccine certificates were credible there would be no good reason to have British Citizens quarantine on arrival if they had been vaccinated with a vaccine acceptable to the UK.

The Sinovac thing is a separate issue.  I can understand why the British choose not to accept it.

Thai vaccine certificates are credible and accepted.

The one you receive after the second jab is only valid in Thailand.

For travel abroad you can get it within 5 days from your local travel medicine clinic or health authority and that's accepted worldwide if it shows vaccination with an in that country accepted vaccine...... 

That certificate is not the issue at all.

35 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Thai vaccine certificates are credible and accepted.

The one you receive after the second jab is only valid in Thailand.

For travel abroad you can get it within 5 days from your local travel medicine clinic or health authority and that's accepted worldwide if it shows vaccination with an in that country accepted vaccine...... 

That certificate is not the issue at all.

Well as you seem determined to have the last word on this you can have it.

Just remember that having the last word does not mean you are right.

I'm out of here.  I have better things to do with my time.

Just now, Changnam43 said:

Well as you seem determined to have the last word on this you can have it.

Just remember that having the last word does not mean you are right.

I'm out of here.  I have better things to do with my time.

I considered not replying to let you have the last word because that's not what I'm after. You're simply incorrect though...

In reality, it should say Sinovac barely effective for any. I can barely understand the need to get it at all, with the efficacy rate is provides. Some would argue it is better than nothing. It is really more evidence of the retrograde aspect of nearly all things Thailand.

16 hours ago, palooka said:

So who cares (in the Govt. at least) if it is no good they have the all important 80% number

Wait until the western governments say that is 80% of the population vaccinated with WHO, EU or US approved vaccinations, and all of the Sinovac purchases bankrupt the government, who will of course then point their fingers at the West.

• Like 1