Top 8 bottled water in Thailand

Thaiger

Because tap water in Thailand is not drinkable, bottled water is a big business. For some people, choosing the “best tasting” water is not a difficult thing. After all, water is water, and they all taste the same, right? Well, not really. While the difference between bottles is nuanced, most people tend to gravitate towards bottled water that they think tastes the best. And even if you can’t tell the difference in flavour, you still need the best bottled water to keep you hydrated. Every bottled water comes from different sources and goes through different manufacturing processes, which means not […]

The post Top 8 bottled water in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

My source isn’t on the list! Surely any bottled water  company is better than using tap water in Thailand, even if it’s filtered at home

I had a filtration system for years ,in the states,,using my refrigerator’s water line import. Had to change the filter every 4 months ,total cost 4K bht.

Growing up as a kid during the 60’s and 70’s it was delicious tap water. Really , no sarcasm 

The green environment initiative with plastic in “Thailand “ is a joke!,just look at the beaches and the catch all trash bins,they are loaded with them

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

While the difference between bottles is nuanced, most people tend to gravitate towards bottled water that they think tastes the best.

And at a premium being sold at Bars restaurants along Bangla road!

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/police-suddenly-began-raiding-patong-bars-selling-alcohol

• Like 2

I have a water filtration system in my Condo as well so that the water is drinkable, however I take one extra step and that is to boil it in the electric kettle before refrigerating it after it has cooled down or drinking it warm.  Drinking the bottled water I see in the local stores or such is a rare deal, but when I do its the PURRA brand.

• Like 1

My wife went with a Coway...expensive as **** I thought.

I pay about $100 a year for service visits, cleaning, etc.

I was happier with a gravity filter with a ceramic dome.  Ah, wives.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And at a premium being sold at Bars restaurants along Bangla road!

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/police-suddenly-began-raiding-patong-bars-selling-alcohol

i always drunk Heineken back in Canada, it taste like water here in Thailand, pretty much every beer does, especially after being stored at 30-35C at a supply shop for a few weeks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I pay a lot more for Chang and Singha and it isn't that clear and transparant either... 🥴

My S.O.'s mom gets Singha delivered in glass bottles. Less waste and not bad, for water... I've been fine with filtered tap water but when I do they all started looking at me funny.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 12:00 PM, Bob20 said:

I pay a lot more for Chang and Singha and it isn't that clear and transparant either..

My Leo water has the same problem. Darn.🤪

• Haha 1

Where is Mineré in this list?

Singha Nestlé and Chang are not even mineral water yet here they are...?

Use an electronic water tester to measure pollutants in a bottle of each brand to get fairer results.

You can buy this device at Lazada very cheap.

44 minutes ago, Marquito said:

Where is Mineré in this list?

Singha Nestlé and Chang are not even mineral water yet here they are...?

Use an electronic water tester to measure pollutants in a bottle of each brand to get fairer results.

You can buy this device at Lazada very cheap.

But perhaps if you wanted to check the various bottled waters prior to buying with that device you may get thrown out of the store do you not think ?

21 minutes ago, Rain said:

Collected rain water from traditional holding vessels - 

It works.

Me too. I have a 1500ltr tank which stores water from the (metal) roof. Before it enters the tank, I goes through a mosquito netting and I keep the tank dark to eliminate alge growth. 

Through a pump which is connected to this tank and with a 5micron filter, it goes to the filter array: ceramic, carbon and then through a UV light. This water I store in 20liter bottles in my kitchen. Every 3 weeks or so I fill them (6 bottles). Three years in use now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Rain water advocates might be disappointed to hear the worlds rain water is no longer deemed fit for human consumption, this is due to pollutants including microplastics ! Ouch. I am looking for carbonated water like that found in Tescos UK (and Ireland and Asda Lidl etc) Soda water is OK but I like litres of fizzy water and soda plus salt isn't the best for me.

Plus I add my own 'dilute to taste' flavours .. yum 😋IMG_20221204_232949.thumb.jpg.1b8f31c56e6533f67c3ff77d519f4f4c.jpg