News Forum - Pattaya tourism focusing on Russian and Indian travellers

Thaiger

Chinese travellers have been the bread-and-butter for Pattaya tourism, but with Covid-19 restrictions, The Pattaya Business and Tourism Association is focusing on Indian and Russian tourists instead for the planned reopening on October 1. The president of the PBTA had announced that while other cities and provinces have postponed reopening plans, Pattaya stands ready to reopen to international travellers in just over a week. China is not currently allowing its citizens to travel internationally in tour groups like the ones that have traditionally flocked to Pattaya and require 3 weeks of quarantine for anyone returning home from abroad. While China […]

The post Pattaya tourism focusing on Russian and Indian travellers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

So Pattaya plans to open in a week and still doesn’t know the rules and requirements for the tourists. Where have I seen this picture before? Did they learn nothing from Phuket? The Chinese are not coming until 4th quarter of 2022 at the earliest. Heck they stopped issuing passport renewals months ago. The Russians and Indians aren’t coming if the bars are closed and if any type of quarantine is required. I don’t see this working in the least. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Chinese travellers have been the bread-and-butter for Pattaya tourism, but with Covid-19 restrictions, The Pattaya Business and Tourism Association is focusing on Indian and Russian tourists instead for the planned reopening on October 1.

So they finally allowed the Indian Tourists to travel to Thailand now under a Tourist visa? Have they now removed them from the high risk list?

• Like 1

They should check the currency like Rubel first to understand there will be not a lot of russians tourists and will choose destinations who are affordable for them. By the way it is incredible to say Pattaya is ready without anything is done and horror conditions like most is still closed and horrible conditions with no maintainance. And how they wanna fix that all til October or let them make holidays in dirty rooms and without staff and dirty rotten buildings, streets and shops. Open closed hotels, restaurants, shops that are not maintained over night? For how long is this huge rotten condominium now at the Bali pier in Pattaya without happening anything and also a danger for this area?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

They should check the currency like Rubel first to understand there will be not a lot of russians tourists and will choose destinations who are affordable for them. By the way it is incredible to say Pattaya is ready without anything is done and horror conditions like most is still closed and horrible conditions with no maintainance. And how they wanna fix that all til October or let them make holidays in dirty rooms and without staff and dirty rotten buildings, streets and shops. Open closed hotels, restaurants, shops that are not maintained over night? For how long is this huge rotten condominium now at the Bali pier in Pattaya without happening anything and also a danger for this area?

And I forget the point did they check the traveling requirements and conditiins to come to Pattaya? Incompetence at its best and they open their mouth before thinking and after there must be a vacuum in their heads. There was a time they had more competent people in charge in Thailand but what we saw the last 7 years is incredible and a hub of incompetence and resistant for common sense or  thinking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EdwardV said:

The Russians and Indians aren’t coming if the bars are closed 

Your experience is different to mine EdwardV, I mainly see Russians buying beer from 7Eleven and drinking in the Soi. Indians are mainly moochers who look as though it would kill them to spend two bob. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They have spent decades trying to fix the roads and the drainage problems in Pattaya with zero success.

Why does anybody think they could sort anything else out if they can not even fix the local roads and drains.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Your experience is different to mine EdwardV, I mainly see Russians buying beer from 7Eleven and drinking in the Soi. Indians are mainly moochers who look as though it would kill them to spend two bob. 

Spot on. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

Not exactly going to be boomtime in Thailand if you're relying on Russians and Indians to come and reinvigorate the economy.

Russians spend 300bt a day, most of which goes on a pack of cigarettes and 2 tall bottles of beer which they drink on the steps of their accommodation.

Which is somehow still 200bt a day more than Indians spend with their 4 men to a room, 4 men to a girl strategy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah right. A Russian without a place and friends to booze up at without getting arrested? Ain’t never ever gonna happen. Same goes for the Indians as they travel in packs. 

Perhaps TheThaiger and other media should stop reporting rumours and only publish facts and written down official news instead. But is it the purpose of TheTaiger and other media to do so? Not really, it is a business that needs to attract customers like all of us here commentating on a NO-NEWS article...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Couldn’t of said it better myself. Russians sit on the beech all day then buy bottles of spirits to take back to their accommodation to drink. Indians spend nothing and try ask for discount on something that costs 20 baht. 

• Like 2

It's already far to late to save this high season.

most of the traditional high season big spenders are still unable to travel to thailand without major hassle and expense.

They are clutching at straws with the Indian and russian inbound markets but there is realistically nothing else they can do.

The reality is it will probably be another year Minimum until meaningful numbers of Well healed tourists start to arrive in thailand again and that is subject to the pandemic situation continuing to improve globally and the easing of government travel restrictions worldwide.

• Like 2

The USA has been one of the biggest sources of tourism and travellers to Thailand since they do not require any quarantine when they get home.

But we're going to focus on the Russians and Indians anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bob said:

Couldn’t of said it better myself. Russians sit on the beech all day then buy bottles of spirits to take back to their accommodation to drink. Indians spend nothing and try ask for discount on something that costs 20 baht. 

At the risk of being accused of racism, my own experience of both these nations is far from positive in Pattaya. Russians I've found to be gratuitously obnoxious. 

As far as Indians are concerned, on my last couple of visits, I've sat in bars in Soi7/8 for perhaps a couple of hours and watch them walk around in pairs on the Soi 7/8 loop. Perhaps the same two or three pairs passing by every 20 minutes like clockwork, looking round at everything and spending nothing.

I usually stay at the Eastiny 7 when I am there. On my last visit, I got so fed up of them charging into the lift before I had a chance to exit it, that I took a stand one day, when 5 of them did this to me. I held the "Door open" button and refused to let the lift move until they allowed me out before they got in. It led to a standoff for about three minutes until one of them said something to the rest of the group, and disappeared. He came back with the manageress to resolve the issue.

She did indeed resolve it. She put manners on them and ordered them out of the lift until I had been allowed to leave properly. I might be wrong, but I detected a definite cringing when they were faced with a woman ordering them around.

The idea that Indians and Russians are going to spearhead some fast track recovery to tourism in Pattaya, seems delusional to me. It appears to me that there is very much a mutual dislike between Thais and the other two nationalities much of which is based on their bad manners and spending habits.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 4:37 AM, EdwardV said:

Indians aren’t coming if the bars are closed 

You are as likely to see Indians in the bars in Pattaya, as you are to see the Ayatollah Khommeni, and he's been dead for over 30 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

A Russian, an Indian and a Thai walk into a bar.

Oh no, they don't 🤣

You got it wrong Bob,

A Russian, A Thai and 50 Indians walk into a bar. The Russian has a vodka , the Thai wanting to be friendly orders another for himself and the Russian and the Indians order one orange juice and fifty straws