News Forum - Police suddenly began raiding Patong bars selling alcohol

Thaiger

11 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I was aware that they must have known what was going on.

But my post was about the incredible incompetence by their press officers in not seeing how dumb the release made them look. You pay press officers to make you look smart. From most of the stories I've read recently, it looks like the press officers have a grudge and this is payback. In the not too distant future, one will surely describe his employers as, "The best police money can buy".

They know about the problem.

That is, why they write it on the police signs, now:

Screenshot_20210926-113031.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well, yes and no.

I agree that there's more than just sex, sun, sand, Singha and sex, particularly in normal times, but what I'm curious about and can't understand is why anyone would want to go to Phuket NOW given the balance of what's on offer and what they have to go through and are risking.

Just how attractive are Phuket's coffee mugs that tourists would go through all the hoops, quarantine on return as well as arrival, restrictions, mask wearing, etc, to drink beer out of them?

Or the temples, shopping malls and restaurants?

On top: It is low season. Which is very wet these days!

6 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

They know about the problem.

That is, why they write it on the police signs, now:

Is SMART an acronym that really is not in the same category as intelligent? Or maybe it means cheeky 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Is SMART an acronym that really is not in the same category as intelligent? Or maybe it means cheeky 🤣🤣🤣

At least, it is not one of this, here:

Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely.

2 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely.

Yes …. Allegedly that’s it ….

Specific ….. is for the type of brown envelope 

Measurable …. Is for the amount inside the brown envelope 

Achievable …. How many brown envelopes they collect a day

Realistic ….. the people don’t believe this

Timely …. As always on time to collect the “post”.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Guest1 said:

On top: It is low season. Which is very wet these days!

It was a genuine question 😂 - I just can't understand why anyone would come here for a holiday.

I'm trying hard to come up with any comparison with something that would be equally disappointing, but beyond trying to have a rational discussion with a couple of posters here I honestly can't think of any!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It was a genuine question 😂 - I just can't understand why anyone would come here for a holiday.

I'm trying hard to come up with any comparison with something that would be equally disappointing, but beyond trying to have a rational discussion with a couple of posters here I honestly can't think of any!

Ive just said to my wife, you wouldn't want to be here on holiday right now the weather is errrrrrrr, not good 3 days none stop raining

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

56 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Ive just said to my wife, you wouldn't want to be here on holiday right now the weather is errrrrrrr, not good 3 days none stop raining

Exactly - living 'yes', even though as usual the electricity was out up here most of yesterday and for four or five hours earlier today, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

But on holiday here at the moment?

What on earth for???

• Like 1