central eatery (healthy cheap food in bangkok)

dj230

Have been eating mainly fast food or from random thai restaurants during my time in bangkok but think I found a place ill be eating at for the next bit, didn't know about this and figured i'd make a thread incase someone else was interested. Don't think i'll be eating fast food ever again while I am here.

Went to central chidlom food hall and noticed it was much like a wholefoods in toronto. I'd never eat at whole foods in toronto, way too expensive but I saw central eatery on grab and ordered some food because of a coupon, the food was actually pretty good, not really taste wise (wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing) but health wise and quality wise it was amazing. Prices are pretty fair too, about $2 for a meal with the coupon, I get 4 meals for 250 baht delivered, the place is called central eatery.

if anyone knows of any other places that has food similar to this, please let me know (healthy, reasonably priced food)

heres the grab link

food.grab.com/th/en/restaurant/central-eatery-central-world-delivery/3-CZC1C7EUT2AACN

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if they're on Grab or not but check out Eathai at Central Embassy. All different regional food in one place. Lots of choices. https://www.centralembassy.com/store/eathai/ (Note: you need a Thai IP address to access the website.)

Found it: https://food.grab.com/th/en/restaurant/eathai-อีทไทย-เซ็นทรัลแอมบาสซี่-delivery/3-CYJ2NYBBVCMBDA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

I'm not sure if they're on Grab or not but check out Eathai at Central Embassy. All different regional food in one place. Lots of choices. https://www.centralembassy.com/store/eathai/ (Note: you need a Thai IP address to access the website.)

Found it: https://food.grab.com/th/en/restaurant/eathai-อีทไทย-เซ็นทรัลแอมบาสซี่-delivery/3-CYJ2NYBBVCMBDA

Is this the main food court/hall in central embassy? im just down the road from the mall, it looks pretty good and cheap, ill definitely try it out 

I think I’m too used to western food, the Thai food and fast food has too much oil/fat/sodium for me and healthy food at restaurants seem a bit overpriced, like 300 baht a meal 

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

Is this the main food court/hall in central embassy? im just down the road from the mall, it looks pretty good and cheap, ill definitely try it out 

I think I’m too used to western food, the Thai food and fast food has too much oil/fat/sodium for me and healthy food at restaurants seem a bit overpriced, like 300 baht a meal 

It is, down in the basement. Not as cheap as some places but you can get lunch for ฿100-200 depending on what you have to drink. Oil, fat, sodium: three of the four food groups.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:14 AM, dj230 said:

Have been eating mainly fast food or from random thai restaurants during my time in bangkok but think I found a place ill be eating at for the next bit, didn't know about this and figured i'd make a thread incase someone else was interested. Don't think i'll be eating fast food ever again while I am here.

Went to central chidlom food hall and noticed it was much like a wholefoods in toronto. I'd never eat at whole foods in toronto, way too expensive but I saw central eatery on grab and ordered some food because of a coupon, the food was actually pretty good, not really taste wise (wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing) but health wise and quality wise it was amazing. Prices are pretty fair too, about $2 for a meal with the coupon, I get 4 meals for 250 baht delivered, the place is called central eatery.

if anyone knows of any other places that has food similar to this, please let me know (healthy, reasonably priced food)

heres the grab link

food.grab.com/th/en/restaurant/central-eatery-central-world-delivery/3-CZC1C7EUT2AACN

What are you getting? 

1 hour ago, Vince said:

What are you getting? 

The deal is over now but I was getting the chicken quinoa bowl and salmon cauliflower rice bowl.

After living in the area for a while I've went there quite often in person, prices are higher than before but it's like a whole foods there. 

4 minutes ago, dj230 said:

The deal is over now but I was getting the chicken quinoa bowl and salmon cauliflower rice bowl.

After living in the area for a while I've went there quite often in person, prices are higher than before but it's like a whole foods there. 

Sounds healthy. But depends on sauce and if fish/chicken is fried and bathed in delicious salt :-) 

so it used to be 60 baht-ish but now it's more? 

I would think that finding chicken and rice in Thailand wouldn't be that hard? 

Salmon might be imported - Norway? I think it's a cooler climate fish (I've heard of snakehead catfish and farmed shrimp as domestic seafood,  sure there's a lot more). Rice is local I would hope :-) 

no idea where quinoia or cauliflower would come from but might be imported. 

I've rarely eaten prepared food at a WF, but they had an excellent fish monger and charcuterie (when I ate cheese... Yummy). 

i