News Forum - Ex-cop “Joe Ferrari,” other officers charged with violating discipline policy over suspect’s death

Thaiger

Along with criminal charges for allegedly suffocating a suspect to death in an attempt to extort 2 million baht, the former police station chief in Nakhon Sawan, Thitisan Utthanaphon, and six of his subordinates now face charges for committing disciplinary offenses while on duty. The Police Serious Disciplinary Review Board filed the complaint against the seven officers. According to Nation Thailand, the officers have a right to appeal within 15 days. The 41 year old ex-cop, known as Joe Ferrari, for his collection of expensive cars, along with six other officers are being held at Bangkok’s Klong Prem Central prison, according […]

The post Ex-cop “Joe Ferrari,” other officers charged with violating discipline policy over suspect’s death appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Along with criminal charges for allegedly suffocating a suspect to death in an attempt to extort 2 million baht ……….. The case of alleged police brutality and bribery has raised calls for reform.

I bet the The Police Serious Disciplinary Review Board will be looking into serious police reform right smart quick. Let’s see … which Thai organisation or department can we model ourselves after? Let’s copy one that’s not corrupt, inept or just plain stupid.

10 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I bet the The Police Serious Disciplinary Review Board will be looking into serious police reform right smart quick. Let’s see … which Thai organisation or department can we model ourselves after? Let’s copy one that’s not corrupt, inept or just plain stupid.

Cannot do, up the proverbial creek trying to find a Thai organisation or department that meets that criteria.

This article should beg the question as to how this cop was able to flaunt such obvious wealth for so long, and nobody raised an eyebrow. 

Instead, it took a video of him murdering one of his extortion victims to get the ball rolling on investigating him. That leaves me speechless.

I have to conclude they could not possibly have missed it, and were operating under the doctrine, "People with power can do whatever they like as long as they don't get caught.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

This article should beg the question as to how this cop was able to flaunt such obvious wealth for so long, and nobody raised an eyebrow. 

Yes, you’d have thought his nickname was a dead give away. The phrase “Thick as planks” comes to mind. 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Where is Thitisan Utthanaphon. Last I hear was Aug 27 the court allowed for him to be held 22 more days.  It is October now. Is he still in jail, is he sentenced is he free?

I can not find any later news then a general story in the first week of September. Is the spotlight turned of so every one will forget about him and Thai corruption gets away with another Wai and smile????

• Like 1