News Forum - Alleged cable thief busted in Phuket, accomplice possibly still at large

Thaiger

A Phuket man was arrested recently after he allegedly stole telephone and communications cables throughout the island. The man allegedly sold the cables for scrap near his house in Phang Nga. Wichit police and members of the Crime Suppression Region 5 and officials from the TOT company showed up at Chaturong Bhumlamnao’s house to arrest him. The TOT had previously filed a formal complaint that cables were being stolen across Phuket. Wichit police say that through the course of their investigation they determined that 2 culprits were responsible for the thefts in the Wichit region. Shortly after zeroing in on […]

The post Alleged cable thief busted in Phuket, accomplice possibly still at large appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This used to happen locally when I was living in Huay Yai, in Chonburi - really annoying.

We'd regularly lose the land line for a month, get it back for a week or two, then lose it again for another month.

i hope it would be more vigilantes like this fighting tangled cables allover the Thailand. Bill Gates did a great job posting pictures on social media few years ago. it was real embarrassment for local governments. i remember the campaign kicked in to beautify streets,  but all effort faded very quickly.

On 9/22/2021 at 3:23 PM, Thaiger said:

Alleged cable thief busted in Phuket, accomplice possibly still at large

I'm guessing his accomplice knew in advance the police were coming for him. He must have had a premonition.. He was a very short guy who could climb up to the pole without easily being seen.
In fact the small medium is still at large.

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>