News Forum - Wednesday Covid Update: 11,252 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

141 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 15,753 with 15,659 of those fatalities during the recent wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA reported 11,252 new Covid-19 cases and 13,695 recoveries. There are now 129,071 people being treated for Covid-19. Since the start of the pandemic last year, the CCSA has recorded 1,511,357 confirmed Covid-19 cases. The latest wave has accounted for 1,482,494 of those cases. Bangkok remains the epicentre with 2,455 new infections today, followed […]

The post Wednesday Covid Update: 11,252 new cases; provincial totals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

141 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 15,753 with 15,659 of those fatalities during the recent wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA reported 11,252 new Covid-19 cases and 13,695 recoveries. There are now 129,071 people being treated for Covid-19. Since the start of the pandemic last year, the CCSA has recorded 1,511,357 confirmed Covid-19 cases. The latest wave has accounted for 1,482,494 of those cases. Bangkok remains the epicentre with 2,455 new infections today, followed […]

The post Wednesday Covid Update: 11,252 new cases; provincial totals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, statistically 141 deaths means that they should have found 28.000 daily infections by random testing 2-3 weeks ago. The numbers weren't that high even by testing in high risk locations, so no valid picture of the situation was given.

With lower infection numbers provided than actually existed, it makes it more likely that the number of deaths isn't going to reduce in the short term.

31 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

With lower infection numbers provided than actually existed, it makes it more likely that the number of deaths isn't going to reduce in the short term.

Maybe a good example of this is Phuket Sandbox island, as deaths increasing on a daily basis, allegedly, since 3rd September. According to your calculations the numbers are allegedly 50% minimum below what they should be in reported cases. 

But @Bob20 thank you for getting me to dig into Phuket figures …. I have a question for news sites now ….

Since 14th September on Phuket, there has been 20 deaths reported, but the ICU beds sits at 35 and has since the 15th September. What is happening here? Allegedly this smells fishy 🙃 . Are there only really 35 ICU beds, and they have hit their maximum? Or have they stopped really reporting the bed numbers since the 15th September?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe a good example of this is Phuket Sandbox island, as deaths increasing on a daily basis, allegedly, since 3rd September. According to your calculations the numbers are allegedly 50% minimum below what they should be in reported cases. 

But @Bob20 thank you for getting me to dig into Phuket figures …. I have a question for news sites now ….

Since 14th September on Phuket, there has been 20 deaths reported, but the ICU beds sits at 35 and has since the 15th September. What is happening here? Allegedly this smells fishy 🙃 . Are there only really 35 ICU beds, and they have hit their maximum? Or have they stopped really reporting the bed numbers since the 15th September?

I'm always interested to see what you will find and whether you can get a respons from news outlets 🤔

But for this moment still, I see that I was right. Numbers of deaths are sticking around 140-150. Back up after dropping a little lower only for a couple of days... 

I have my suspicions there too. But we can discuss that another day in a few weeks...

• Like 1

I see a nearly 100% jump in cases from my province, Songkhla.

Things are worse or their numbers are poorly managed.  Last week we saw a 50% decrease one day to the next.

I have no faith in the numbers provided by the Thai government.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

I see a nearly 100% jump in cases from my province, Songkhla.

Things are worse or their numbers are poorly managed.  Last week we saw a 50% decrease one day to the next.

I have no faith in the numbers provided by the Thai government.

Knock knock...