News Forum - October Pattaya reopening on schedule according to mayor

Thaiger

Despite Chon Buri having the fourth highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country, the mayor of Pattaya City said that they are ready and on schedule to reopen international tourism on October 1. While there has been a lot of doubt over partial or full reopening next month for Thailand, the mayor assured that the “Pattaya Move On” Sandbox program was on track to launch in just 10 days. Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem says the city is completely ready for foreign visitors to safely return following the now-standard Sandbox procedures similar to Phuket. All international arrivals must be fully […]

The post October Pattaya reopening on schedule according to mayor appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Don't believe a word of it, how can he quote 70% figure when at one point he didn't know how many people were residing in Pattaya, why are Thai nationals having to go to other provinces to get vaccinated because they can't get in Pattaya. Another clown that fudged the numbers so they can pretend to be ready. 555

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Graham said:

Don't believe a word of it, how can he quote 70% figure when at one point he didn't know how many people were residing in Pattaya, why are Thai nationals having to go to other provinces to get vaccinated because they can't get in Pattaya. Another clown that fudged the numbers so they can pretend to be ready. 555

They're going to open no matter what!    Prat (short for prayut) said so ! But there are only so many people wanting to jump through hoops.. average 14k tourists/returnees came to phuket per month and looks like dropping now.. do they honestly think each area they open will attract a new 14k on top!

Edited by Malc-Thai

Reopening from October 1st is utter tosh. Stating 70% of residents already vaccinated is a blatant lie, many Pattaya residents have been travelling to BKK to get a vaccine because of the lack of vaccines in Chon Buri. After saying that the main point is who will come to a closed down city under curfew with all entertainment venues closed. Not to mention the Fun police that jump on anyone attempting to enjoy themselves. The bookings must be flooding in NOT...

• Like 3

You are going to have to give me a lot more details first before tempting me to return. At this point I’ll just wait and see how it plays out first. I’m certainly not coming anytime soon if things are not open. Details, the devil is in the details. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the mayor of Pattaya City said that they are ready and on schedule to reopen i

If only this decision was be made by the Mayor.  AFAIK, the PM/CCSA make the calls everywhere on re-opening.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Don't believe a word of it, how can he quote 70% figure when at one point he didn't know how many people were residing in Pattaya,

It’s 70% of the figures HE knows. May not be correct, but hey, it fits his picture of things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

It’s 70% of the figures HE knows. May not be correct, but hey, it fits his picture of things.

Is that 70% from the head down? Or from the feet up?

(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbitemywords.com%2F2015%2F03%2F25%2F4237%2F&psig=AOvVaw07VwwV0uuR-RbpDvH1yo6O&ust=1632369006394000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJjaicjWkfMCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI)

url-12.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Probably 70% from the head down .. seems pretty empty up there!

I regretfully have cancelled my travel plans to spend 2 months in Thailand this winter.   With Lanta still not open, and with continuing complex "sandbox" requirements,  it seemed simpler to defer travel until simpler (but still safe) and less costly rules for international travelers are put into place.   I wish for Thailand that this will happen soon.

I 'might' be able to live with nightlife not being available as I have other reasons to be there, but if they can still chuck me in hospital after a positive test despite the fact that I'mfully Pfizer vaxed and have me pay an exorbitant hospital bill for the pleasure, then thx but no thx.

I don't trust them at all: they could easily fudge the test just so they can wring some money out of me and I'd have no way to disprove the outcome. I also don't want to risk losing half or more of my available holiday sitting in a hospital room when I'm perfectly fine. 

Edited by Jayce
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jayce said:

I 'might' be able to live with nightlife not being available as I have other reasons to be there, but if they can still chuck me in hospital after a positive test despite the fact that I'mfully Pfizer vaxed and have me pay an exorbitant hospital bill for the pleasure, then thx but no thx.

I don't trust them at all: they could easily fudge the test just so they can wring some money out of me and I'd have no way to disprove the outcome. I also don't want to risk losing half or more of my available holiday sitting in a hospital room when I'm perfectly fine. 

2 minutes ago, Jwd said:

I regretfully have cancelled my travel plans to spend 2 months in Thailand this winter.   With Lanta still not open, and with continuing complex "sandbox" requirements,  it seemed simpler to defer travel until simpler (but still safe) and less costly rules for international travelers are put into place.   I wish for Thailand that this will happen soon.

I think you're both right. Your experience should be a pleasant one. But also, tourists (foreign and domestic) need to take into account the low vaccination rate here. So for the Thai it's no good either if you come and move around, thereby increasing the risk of spreading the virus.

Best to wait until it's easier to get in, and we have reached 85% vaccination rate. That's not going to be this coming winter-season yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

They're going to open no matter what!    Prat (short for prayut) said so ! But there are only so many people wanting to jump through hoops.. average 14k tourists/returnees came to phuket per month and looks like dropping now.. do they honestly think each area they open will attract a new 14k on top!

That’s Khun Prat mate……Respeck.  

Side bar:  when I checked with Wikipedia (wasn’t sure if I needed the “h” in my transliteration the beginning of the entry read:

Khun (คูน, long vowel, middle tone) is the colloquial Thai name for the Golden Shower Tree.

hummmmmmm

• Haha 1

I just verify with my Thai consulate that the "Pattaya Move On" for Oct 1st still requires any fully vaccinated farangs to quarantine for 14 days with 3 COVID-19 tests upon arrival, day 6 & day 12. I know it didn't mention on the article that 7 + 7 box & I do not believe that 70% residents in Pattaya are fully vaccinated. I am telling everyone right now that the Thai government will trick you after arrival then screw you in the long run.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jwd said:

Possibility by May 2022, so we don't have to wear mask & socially distance anymore

11 hours ago, Jayce said:

Exactly, that's their attitude, "This is Thailand", they will trick you once you arrive in the airport then in the long run, they will screw you with the money coming from the insurance.

20 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Despite Chon Buri having the fourth highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country, the mayor of Pattaya City said that they are ready and on schedule to reopen international tourism on October 1. While there has been a lot of doubt over partial or full reopening next month for Thailand, the mayor assured that the “Pattaya Move On” Sandbox program was on track to launch in just 10 days. Pattaya City Mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem says the city is completely ready for foreign visitors to safely return following the now-standard Sandbox procedures similar to Phuket. All international arrivals must be fully […]

The post October Pattaya reopening on schedule according to mayor appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Like Phuket?

5nx9ql.jpg

10 hours ago, ace035 said:

fully vaccinated farangs to quarantine for 14 days

That just makes them go to some other part of Thailand instead. Phuket’s gain. I’d just wait till vacation killing rules like this are over.