News Forum - Soldier allegedly assaults neighbours following horn honking

Thaiger

A soldier in Nonthaburi, a central Thai province, allegedly assaulted his neighbours at their home because one of the victims had honked his motorbike’s horn to let his wife know he was home. The victims, 39 year old Piamsuk Bunruang and 42 year old Alisa Choksinsombun filed a police report yesterday following the attack. Thai Residents says the soldier punched the husband and strangled the wife in the attack. Footage from the incident allegedly captured the soldier attacking the couple. The footage from the incident shows Piamsuk, standing at a gate, talking to another man. Then, a man in a […]

The post Soldier allegedly assaults neighbours following horn honking appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Here..is the video

Such a nice soldier guy. How could he be wrong. This isn’t the first time but I wouldn’t be surprised if the soldier ends up getting shot from revenge. 

News Forum - Soldier allegedly assaults neighbours following horn honking.

After watching the video evidence how is it possibly only an alleged assault. Even the RTP can't screw this investigation up.

Or can they... 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

soldier in Nonthaburi, a central Thai province, allegedly assaulted his neighbours

12 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

After watching the video evidence how is it possibly only an alleged assault. Even the RTP can't screw this investigation up.

Er, good evening Griff. 

“Alleged” is farang PC way.  written by Jack Arthur. 

The Thai news not say “alleged”. The RTP not say “alleged”.

The Thai headline say 

A sergeant climbs a fence to invade the house and attack the husband and wife.

Not necessary for PC. Everyone can see he do it. Is video.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

After watching the video evidence how is it possibly only an alleged assault.

Because these days safer to say alleged! Because any good lawyer and stationery store will kill this in its tracks. Then the soldier will make some money through defamation using the good ole Thai law. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Because these days safer to say alleged! Because any good lawyer and stationery store will kill this in its tracks. Then the soldier will make some money through defamation using the good ole Thai law. 

Understand what your saying but 

The Thai news not say “alleged”. The RTP not say “alleged”.

The Thai headline say 

A sergeant climbs a fence to invade the house and attack the husband and wife

Seems the Thai side of the media don't care about that...

Alledged or not this is quite clearly another example of how, in these times of junta rule, the military and the police luxuriate in a sense of impunity. And the legal system is so corrupt that it will find the "horn honker" will be found guilty of some crime. Totally disgraceful!

An example how western media twists things. By adding ”alleged” it distorts. It may be a small thing but makes me distrust whatever they write. It’s sometimes called “wordsmithing” to make bad hints sound good.

1 minute ago, LoongFred said:

An example how western media twists things. By adding ”alleged” it distorts. It may be a small thing but makes me distrust whatever they write. It’s sometimes called “wordsmithing” to make bad hints sound good.

Just a legal thing to avoid problems. Even if someone's on video stabbing a victim and there are two reporters witnessing it, they'll say "alledged" perpetrator. The lawyer would otherwise have a field day with it...

8 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Just a legal thing to avoid problems. Even if someone's on video stabbing a victim and there are two reporters witnessing it, they'll say "alledged" perpetrator. The lawyer would otherwise have a field day with it...

There are other ways, it saying it was reported in the ***. Adding qualifiers such as "alledged" implies disbelief IMO. I want the straight scoop. 

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A soldier in Nonthaburi, a central Thai province, allegedly assaulted his neighbours at their home because one of the victims had honked his motorbike’s horn to let his wife know he was home. The victims, 39 year old Piamsuk Bunruang and 42 year old Alisa Choksinsombun filed a police report yesterday following the attack. Thai Residents says the soldier punched the husband and strangled the wife in the attack. Footage from the incident allegedly captured the soldier attacking the couple. The footage from the incident shows Piamsuk, standing at a gate, talking to another man. Then, a man in a […]

The post Soldier allegedly assaults neighbours following horn honking appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thought Thais are easy going people? 

11 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Media PC is total BS

Perhaps, here.  But the use of "alleged" in the west (especially the US) isn't about being PC, it's about being legally correct.  The same is true when referring to the person as "accused/the accused".

We live in a society in which everyone is innocent until proven guilty.  For a media report to say, "Man climbs fence to assault neighbors", it would have to be proven in a court of law.  If the media reported it that way, prior to a conviction of guilty, they could be sued (and would be) for publishing a false story.

So, "alleged" and "accused/the accused" while frustrating to read and understand when we "know" the accused perpertrator is "guilty" isn't about being PC.  It's about being correct.

I still remember a few lessons from my broadcasting and media law studies on libel and slander.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Perhaps, here.  But the use of "alleged" in the west (especially the US) isn't about being PC, it's about being legally correct.  The same is true when referring to the person as "accused/the accused".

We live in a society in which everyone is innocent until proven guilty.  For a media report to say, "Man climbs fence to assault neighbors", it would have to be proven in a court of law.  If the media reported it that way, prior to a conviction of guilty, they could be sued (and would be) for publishing a false story.

So, "alleged" and "accused/the accused" while frustrating to read and understand when we "know" the accused perpertrator is "guilty" isn't about being PC.  It's about being correct.

I still remember a few lessons from my broadcasting and media law studies on libel and slander.

You know weŕe in Thailand not the US.  The Thai  paper didn't  say alleged  that was added. No risk of legal action, just factual repeating that was reported.

I think it was a distortion. All to common in media reports. 

14 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You know weŕe in Thailand not the US.  The Thai  paper didn't  say alleged  that was added. No risk of legal action, just factual repeating that was reported.

Absolutely true Mr Fred. That's why I never read them and take the information in, distorted to suit the paper's political bias.

50 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

They are just following a Western-style of writing, which is based on the "accuracy" that I mentioned in my original post.