News Forum - Tuesday Covid Update: 10,919 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

143 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Since the start of the pandemic last year, 15,612 people infected with Covid-19 have died with 15,518 of those fatalities during the country’s latest wave of the virus, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 10,919 new cases and 11,694 recoveries. Thailand now has 131,655 active Covid-19 cases. Overall, the CCSA has recorded a total of 1,500,105 confirmed Covid-19 cases. The latest wave of the virus has accounted for 1,471,242 of those cases. New Covid-19 cases in each […]

The post Tuesday Covid Update: 10,919 new cases; provincial totals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The ATK's that aren't counted have miraculously and deceivingly brought the (reported) numbers of infections down.

But looking at the number of deaths over the last weeks that's still 4.500-5.500 per month 😔

Let's wait until they introduce a new test for that too 🤔

Hat's off to The Thaiger and Caitlin (if she's the one who did it) on the new graphics formatting (at least first time I've seen them).  Much easier to see and read and compare province to province.

Well done.  A great deal better than the previous ones (from NTB?).

16 hours ago, Bob20 said:

The ATK's that aren't counted have miraculously and deceivingly brought the (reported) numbers of infections down.

I don't think the ATKs are to come in to play unless they register a positive, in which case the person is given a PCR test. At least that's what they said was going to happen.

I don't think ATKs are included in the numbers, either.

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I don't think the ATKs are to come in to play unless they register a positive, in which case the person is given a PCR test. At least that's what they said was going to happen.

I don't think ATKs are included in the numbers, either.

ATK's earlier in the week were running at 2500 a day and the same action was undertaken without PCR test confirmation. If around 40% was positive (same as PCR) that should add 1000 to the numbers of infections, but they don't add them.

I would assume as well that they do far more than 2500 a day, as otherwise those 8.5m ATK's will last 10 years, and their already questionable reliability would be worse after expiration date...

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

If around 40% was positive (same as PCR) that should add 1000 to the numbers of infections, but they don't add them.

They should only add if the PCR results are positive, too.

Just now, MrStretch said:

They should only add if the PCR results are positive, too.

But they don't confirm with PCR. And that's how they manipulate the numbers down...

• Like 1