£25,000 and a plane ticket to anywhere in the world

Andrew Reeve

Fingers crossed,12 Months from now Covid-19 has been assigned to the history books and we can travel again.

What do you do?

You are given £25,000 and a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, but you have to leave tonight

• Like 1

I - and my wife, too, I hope - would fly to Toulouse in south-west France, hire a car and we'd be destined to enjoy a fortnight's wine-tour, staying at homely gites, the B&B's that France is renowned for, and spending the days visiting vineyards, walking the countryside and searching out any wild-swimming spots before finding the next gite where we know that the food and wine would be out of this world.

I've tried this once before, in 2003, sourcing wine for my eldest daughter's wedding, so I know that another wonderful tour would be waiting.

Where are the tickets and cash, Andrew?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Where are the tickets and cash, Andrew?

All in the imagination King Cotton and I must do the Thai Lottery as its been a while since I last played.

• Haha 1

We would fly to the island of Rhodes and get a ferry from Rhodes to Simi Island and enjoy the most picturesque and relaxing location on this planet, with a population of around three thousand people and only 1 main road and a small harbor full of houses at its sides over looking the calm water. the beaches are super clean and this island is perfect to get away from the hustle and bustle of life.

• Cool 1

I would take the cash & see all around in Thailand.  I haven't seen much of Thailand having recently moved here last February.  I've been watch YouTube channels about Thailand. What I like about Thailand is the culture, the food and the price.  

Andrew, what you described of the island of Rhodes sounds alot like my little Sam Roi Yot, Prachuap Khiri Khan.  There seem to be many beautiful places I yet to visit.  But I will make Sam Roi Yot my retirement home.

• Like 1

Japan.  Play every golf course possible - with wife - and enjoy scenary and food every day.  Ideally in spring blossom time. 

• Like 1

So far we have Toulouse in South-west France, Simi Island close to Rhodes, Travel all around Thailand, enjoy life in Japan, 

Nice mix of locations and for those who have yet to reply "think of a Destination"    Thank you

Easy one for me, Husband, Son and I would travel 1st class on a British airways flight to London for us to see our parents and brother and sisters and friends. When returning to Thailand after a 3 week stay we would fly to Egypt to see the pyramids and have a mini 5 day hols before flying back to Bangkok. 

• Cool 1

The practical solution would be to get a flight from BKK to Koh Samui, stay over the weekend and head back home with 20K in the pocket!

Also appealing would be a quick trip to Germany and see family and friends.  

If I had to spend the money I would likely take the wife and kids somewhere interesting. Australia may be good. 

• Like 1

It would be Greenland for me and I would enjoy the untouched landscape and the wide open spaces. Greenland is actually the twelfth largest country in the world but the least densely populated. Most of the country is covered with ice; meaning only tiny bits of land around its edges are habitable by human beings.

I would only go on an organized tour and fly there from Denmark with Air Greenland. You need to prepare for the extreme cold, even in the middle of the summer and been part of a tour group will add to the experience. Fingers crossed that someday this dream will happen!!

• Cool 2

Hello Lorraine and that would be some adventure. feeling bad now that i have under sold to myself the idea of going to London and then onto the Pyramids. I will have a rethink and might post up another destination wish.

• Haha 2

Anyone else wish to answer the following question  "You are given £25,000 and a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, but you have to leave tonight"

Change of Mind and the new destinations are:

After much heated debate with my husband, we have decided on the following plan to travel to Peru and we would do the Salkantay hike for a week to take us to Machu Picchu. We then have 5 nights of relaxation before travelling down to Patagonia for more hiking in Torres Del Paine. We would obviously take in all the historical sites and culture.

• Cool 2

OK, so this might not offer London's family gathering but Machu Picchu and Patagonia would have me queuing for tickets . . . if the south of France became Covid-bound, that is.

• 2 weeks later...

I would take the £25,000 and head to the party island of Ibiza, it is off the eastern coast of Spain.

I am fast approaching 30 years of age and it would be some party!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

Boo . . . cheat! . . . but if I was 40 years younger I may well join you!

I've got so much Ibiza house and trance mix stuff on my Media Player there's no way I'll get time to hear it all again.

But, now you've mentioned it, I might just have a rummage and I'll let you know if I can find my favourite.

Oh-oh, that was quick, I've already found one of them, Cream Ibiza Departures, with one of my top tracks, Lustral's 'Everytime', on there. So that's me sorted for the evening.

Cheers, David1991 . . . but you're still a bit of a cheat (:-)

KC

• Haha 3
  • Cool 1

The more I think about it David, the more it is so you and covid-19 has really clipped your wings in terms of your social life.

You want to make up for lost time!!!

• Haha 1
  • Cool 2

King Cotton, Happy to be a cheat and in Ibiza, its on my bucket list and very much want to party it up.

Lorraine, you know me too well.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very fortunate to have seen a lot of this planet already so would use the ticket to travel back to West Yorkshire to see my ageing father ( currently 92 but could be 95 before this lot gets sorted !! ) and my beautiful granddaughters !!

With the 25k I would probably relive a cruise I made some 10 years ago Santos - Salvador -  Rio de Janeiro - Buenos Aires - Punta del Este - Itajaí - Santos

Only this time I would be accompanied by a young Thai lady ?

• Like 1