News Forum - Strapped for cash, Thai Airways puts 3 more aircraft up for sale

Thaiger

24 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

But as I said before, the main thing is to check which airplane is scheduled for that route with each airline (sometimes will change, but usually not). Then check the pricing. Then decide based on those 3 issues first, and the other 2 issues second.  Price is not the number one - nor is any stopover length - unless way too high price, or way too long a stopover.  I can deal with bad food, better than I can deal with a very uncomfortable small seat designed for an Asian person and no entertainment system. 

Aircraft type is the key.  TG used old 777's with the entertainment boxes under aisle seats which reduced leg room quite severely.  And aisle is my choice of seat.

I can't abide poor food and service on long haul.  AirAsiaX for us was an easy choice, Premium Economy lie-flat seats at a price that easily beat TG economy.  Even Economy 'Quiet Zone' was a worthwhile investment as often less crowded.  AAX food is excellent (included in Premium) although we'd usually order an extra dish or 2.  Far better than TG economy offerings ex BKK catering.

Singapore Airlines the best although schedules often did not suit.

Back on topic, I wonder how many (if any) aircraft TG have actually sold as yet.  Anyone know?  They announced a 'trading profit' a few months back which was very surprising unless it include asset sales.  On the subject of purchase -v- lease, I'd suggest low % borrowings from Government looked more attractive to the Board compared with lease rates and the Board were notorious for poor decision making.