News Forum - Party at luxury villa in Phuket raided, homeowner allegedly assaults police officer

Thaiger

What of the “kicker” ? Who would attempt to assault a police officer in another country ! 
He must of been drunk or on mind altering enhancements or it was a made up charge.

Assault on a PO is a felony in most countries ! If found guilty ,what say ye?

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

What of the “kicker” ? Who would attempt to assault a police officer in another country ! 
He must of been drunk or on mind altering enhancements or it was a made up charge.

I would lean towards a made up charge unless he was smashed out of his skull on something. Either way the officer supposedly kicked will get a nice wedge in compensation from the alleged culprit.

28 minutes ago, Paco said:

dancing in a group... lol nice to dance alone each 6 metersaway from each other, especially when it is a slow song 😄 

No accidental groping at that distance and slow speed.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I would lean towards a made up charge unless he was smashed out of his skull on something. Either way the officer supposedly kicked will get a nice wedge in compensation from the alleged culprit.

There have been many raids on parties since the restrictions have been in place. This is a first(assault) on a PO.

I think the guy(kicker) needs to be taught a lesson!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

'a made up charge'   We're in the right country for that: 'eating a sandwich with political intent' goes back to June 2014.

What's this one in Phuket likely to be - 'accelerating a foot with unnecessary haste towards a police officer'?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

There have been many raids on parties since the restrictions have been in place. This is a first(assault) on a PO.

I think the guy needs to be taught a lesson!

If it's TRUE I totally agree.

Just don't nessaselary believe everything that the RTP say...

50 minutes ago, Paco said:

dancing in a group... lol nice to dance alone each 6 metersaway from each other, especially when it is a slow song 😄 

Until then we can listen and dance to this by yourself. But we would probably locked up as it just aint normal.

"Dancing With Myself"

On the floor of Tokyo
Or down in London town to go, go
With the record selection
And the mirror's reflection
I'm dancing with myself

When there's no-one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
Well I wait so long
For my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove
I'll be dancing with myself

If I looked all over the world
And there's every type of girl
But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by
Leave me dancing with myself

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove
I'll be dancing with myself

But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by

If I had the chance

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
If I had the chance
If I had the chance
If I had the chance

[Scat]

Dancing with myself
Dancing with myself
Dancing with myself
Dancing with myself

But your empty eyes
Seem to pass me by

If I had the chance

Oh dancing with myself
Oh dancing with myself
If I had the chance
If I had the chance
If I had the chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

You can make lockdowns for a while to win time but not over years ... (snip) ...After 2 years it is no more time to buy more time... (snip)

You're clearly suggesting the lockdown has been for "over years", and "after 2 years" that's long enough.

The reality is that the lockdown hasn't been for "2 years" - arguably Thailand hasn't had an affective lockdown at all - and it's only long enough if the time bought is used to buy effective vaccines, which hasn't happened.

It's fine to say "if only", but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Can't fix stupid, but we all wish they could

If you think that's the reason why Thailand is in the position it is now, I think you're being over-generous with excuses.

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If you think that's the reason why Thailand is in the position it is now, I think you're being over-generous with excuses.

Please don't get me started, I might be given and extended holiday if I did with all the content scratched out and deleted and made an example of what to not write in public.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, riclag said:

Killing with plastic bags and trespassing is an assault, too in many countries. I guess you not hear about killing a cop on cocaine with a ferrari sometimes is not a crime in Thailand. I read many of your posts and it seams you not know things in Thailand a bit different especially with rtp. Your views are from a farang perspective who not live in Thailand otherwise I could not explain your posts.

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

You're clearly suggesting the lockdown has been for "over years", and "after 2 years" that's long enough.

The reality is that the lockdown hasn't been for "2 years" - arguably Thailand hasn't had an affective lockdown at all - and it's only long enough if the time bought is used to buy effective vaccines, which hasn't happened.

It's fine to say "if only", but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Sure to use the time to order vaccines and it doesn't happened in Thailand and lost time and did nothing. And in long term it doesn't work anymore like we can see about the reports from Australia. After a while covid can be everwhere even in their homes then no lockdown helps and if you wait too long with everything including orderin in time vaccine you lost anyway. But it is dangereous not to change then to go forward and still bet on a dead horse. People who cannot realize when they lost, learn and change strategies are not able for a crises management and are a danger for the society and a country. And you really ask why Thailand is in this situtuation? Simple answer because managed by incompetent clowns without any common sense If you ever worked for an international company you know these guys wouldn't get even a cleaning job. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Over the weekend, a party at a luxury villa in Phuket was raided

Though could not tell how luxurious, as no photo in the Thaiger article …. Would be nice to see what the HiSo’s were drinking!

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police say the anonymous source was concerned

Or just jealous they were not invited to the party. 

On 9/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, Stardust said:

Killing with plastic bags and trespassing is an assault, too in many countries. I guess you not hear about killing a cop on cocaine with a ferrari sometimes is not a crime in Thailand. I read many of your posts and it seams you not know things in Thailand a bit different especially with rtp. Your views are from a farang perspective who not live in Thailand otherwise I could not explain your posts.

I live in Thailand ! I'm aware of the disgusting Black Bag Joe incident and other police injustices that go on here ! 

That being said, kicking a PO is a felony assault  in many countries! A falang  kicking a PO in this country, is a criminal assault ! Committing a crime by whoever on the food chain, should be punished to the full extent of the law. 

Whether the falang  did it or not remains to be seen in court, if it gets that far !

You don't have to explain my opinion ,I just did 

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

Sure to use the time to order vaccines and it doesn't happened in Thailand and lost time and did nothing.

But that's the whole point, that you're somehow missing - a lockdown has never happened here. 

Repeating that vaccines were ordered  late countless times won't change that or change what needs to be done now.

It's absurd to suggest there's been a lockdown for two years so it's time to open things up when it's patently obvious there's never been a lockdown here at all, just a few badly co-ordinated restrictions.

And in long term it doesn't work anymore like we can see about the reports from Australia. 

What "reports from Australia" that lockdowns don't work?

There've been protests in Australia about the durations of the lockdowns but Thailand has never done anything comparable or even short term, let alone long term.

Again, what "reports from Australia"?

After a while covid can be everwhere even in their homes then no lockdown helps and if you wait too long with everything including orderin in time vaccine you lost anyway.  

You don't seem to understand what a lockdown is for.

If Covid is "everywhere even in their homes" that's when you need a lockdown most, to contain and control it, rather than thinking "you lost anyway" which is as close to saying "do nothing, we're all doomed" as it gets.

And you really ask why Thailand is in this situation?

No, I didn't ask but thanks for the rant.

It's very easy to keep throwing mud, repeating that they're all clowns, wouldn't get jobs as cleaners, etc, etc, etc, but if the only alternative you can come up with is that "you lost anyway" so we should ignore everything, do nothing, and go back to how things were in 2019 then you're not really doing any better or coming up with any sort of solution.

Or if I've missed your solution, then what is it?

8 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Though could not tell how luxurious, as no photo in the Thaiger article …. Would be nice to see what the HiSo’s were drinking!

Or just jealous they were not invited to the party. 

Not very luxurious just run of the mill pool villas

• Haha 1

Why is that the RTP show such zeal in activities like raiding parties and traffic stops with potential for fining offenders but do not attempt to stop crop burning by large corporations or filthy exhausts from trucks owned by big businesses which have the potential for far greater risk to the health of the population?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:26 AM, Thaiger said:

Over the weekend, a party at a luxury villa in Phuket was raided and 19 people were arrested. One officer was allegedly assaulted in the course of the raid. The house was raided in the early morning hours in the Rawai sub-district. Police arrived at the villa around 1am after being tipped off that an illegal gathering was taking place. Police say the anonymous source was concerned the event could spread Covid to the outlying community, a common refrain when police receive a tip about a gathering. When police tried to enter the premises, some of the partygoers attempted to […]

The post Party at luxury villa in Phuket raided, homeowner allegedly assaults police officer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Police say they will enforce the law but that's only when it suits them, very sadly this is an every day occurrence! enforce when they feel its not in their best interest to take other options!!!

Over 20 posts have now been removed from this thread as they were in breach of the following forum rules or were replies back to posts that were in breach of rules

All wording must be in English and no bad language, stay on the topic of the thread.

Forum rules

1. Use English Language only when posting.

3. Do not defame, insult, bully, or harass, any other member, person, or organisation. Be respectful of a person’s country, race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion, political beliefs, education, career choice and age.

6. All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

Any further breaches of these rules within this thread will result in Warnings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cathat said:

Way having a late night bash at home always ensure the neighbors are at the top of the guest list.

Works every time for me.

Sure, if that place is where I think it is, it's behind the Masajid not the best idea having a party