REGIONAL section now closed - all posts re-distributed by topic relevance

Options for Danish citizens to pay income tax on their pension in Thailand

BlueSphinx

Hi,

Asking for a danish friend of mine.  I know that Denmark is one of the countries that does not have a reciprocal income-tax agreement with Thailand.  Therefore my question - on his behalf - whether there are any Danish TT-members that have opted to pay the income-tax for their pensions in Thailand.  The reasoning being that providing evidence of having declared and paid taxes on your Danish pension-income in Thailand, might allow to reclaim the taxes withheld at source in Denmark.  Considering the enormous difference in income-taxation between the two countries, such a move would be highly rewarding.  If there are Danish citizens having done this it would be interesting to know how to go about on this matter.  Also if that 'loophole' has been made impossible by Danish Tax-authorities, it would be interesting to receive such information.  

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Hi,

Asking for a danish friend of mine.  I know that Denmark is one of the countries that does not have a reciprocal income-tax agreement with Thailand.  Therefore my question - on his behalf - whether there are any Danish TT-members that have opted to pay the income-tax for their pensions in Thailand.  The reasoning being that providing evidence of having declared and paid taxes on your Danish pension-income in Thailand, might allow to reclaim the taxes withheld at source in Denmark.  Considering the enormous difference in income-taxation between the two countries, such a move would be highly rewarding.  If there are Danish citizens having done this it would be interesting to know how to go about on this matter.  Also if that 'loophole' has been made impossible by Danish Tax-authorities, it would be interesting to receive such information.  

Thanks in advance.

I've got a Danish friend in CR that is involved with financial services. I'll forward this onto him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Thanks in advance, irrespective whether it turns out to be possible or impossible to do so.

You're very welcome. Unfortunately, this is the reply I got: 

"As for the Danish Pension question: I have absolutely no idea how that works, as I am not a recipient of any kind of pension from Denmark. Almost my entire working life has been as an expat working outside DK... The keywords here are *Tax Free earnings*....😍"

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

5 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

You're very welcome. Unfortunately, this is the reply I got: 

"As for the Danish Pension question: I have absolutely no idea how that works, as I am not a recipient of any kind of pension from Denmark. Almost my entire working life has been as an expat working outside DK... The keywords here are *Tax Free earnings*....😍"

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

No problem and thanks for doing the effort of enquiring!  

• Like 1