Stamp for marriage certificate

TMSM

I have just been to renew my longstay visa for myself and my uk wife have now been told that my marriage certificate needs a government stamp on the back from the consular affairs office Bangkok anyone else had the same 

• Like 2

Yes, all foreign marriage certificates must be authenticated and legalised to be accepted as a legally acceptable foreign document in Thailand.

Did you have your UK marriage certificate authenticated by the Home Office (Milton Keynes) and their signature legalised by the Thai Embassy in London before departing for Thailand?
That is the first step.

The second step is once in Thailand to have the marriage certificate translated into Thai and the translation and marriage certificate legalised by the Consular section of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Only then will it be acceptable.

Legalisation UK public documents.pdf

• Like 3

no we didnt but thanks for the info

so why after being here for the last 10 years and no one at immigration telling us anything about having it authenticated and 2 phone calls today to the ministry and immigration they didnt know what I was asking for about validating my marriage certificate and what stamp I needed?.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TMSM said:

I have just been to renew my longstay visa for myself and my uk

Your not renewing your Visa, your extending your permission of stay from your entry of a Non Imm Visa.
It's a permit of stay, not a Visa.

1 hour ago, TMSM said:

so why after being here for the last 10 years and no one at immigration telling us anything about having it authenticated and 2 phone calls today to the ministry and immigration they didnt know what I was asking for about validating my marriage certificate and what stamp I needed?.

If your circumstances haven't changed, no idea how you've not been pulled by Immigration beforehand.

Immigration are only concerned with the apostille attached to the document from the MFA.
The MFA are only concerned with the apostille on the document from the Thai Embassy London.
Neither have any idea of the process in the UK as it can vary by Country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMSM said:

no we didnt but thanks for the info

the stamp comes from the ministery of foreign affairs when you translate your marriage certificate to Thai.

• Like 2