News Forum - Dual Pricing and Reduced tax on Alcohol | Good Morning Thailand | Episode 92

Thaiger

I'll bet the store counter prices of the alcohols will remain the same... Why reduce the prices for these premium alcohols at the stores if people can already afford them... the vendors will just reap the price difference between the old tax and the new tax... they will think "they deserve it, covid has hurt them enough, it's time for them to enjoy some benifits from covid finally"... I'll believe it when my Tequilla and Jack Daniels are 10 or 20% cheaper at Villa and Big-C... HA !!!!

• Like 2

My main concern is dual or quadruple pricing in hospitals. This practice is is disgraceful when it could be a life or death matter. I do understand that room prices can vary if you want a private room but to increase cancer treatment and surgery costs and all ancillary costs for treatment is a total disgrace and should be stopped immediately. 
On another matter can you bring up health/medical insurance for an alien to enter Thailand. How does a person get the required health cover if they are say 75 and over.  Health companies will not ensure people of that age so that at the moment with the Thai health requirements to enter the Country people of that age and above will not be able to come to Thailand.

For expats who live in Thailand who are 75 and over they will not be able to leave (should they need to return to there homes) because they can not get health insurance. Also I have many friends younger than 75 in the UK who want to return to there home here in Thailand but insurance companies will not cover them for COVID as Thailand is currently a risk Country. 

• Like 4

2 Tier pricing would be solved by having a 100% mark up Maximum for foreigners!

This would solve the problem & I think everyone would be ok with that!

This would discourage Thai prices being high & also stop gritting!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spice61 said:

Alcohol taxes reduced is a good idea!

But must be a watchdog to make sure retailers pass on the discounts to customers?

PSX_20210921_085201.jpg.eebe82f5f8711ce62a8929a8652fc2dc.jpg

Hes  on the case ...😂

I suspect there will be no obvious price drop for the consumer as 2 years of lost revenue needs to be found first in most shops. As for the 40 % tax on cigarettes it's not going to make any difference to expats just locals will feel the pinch on the cheap brands. 

16 minutes ago, gazmo16 said:

I suspect there will be no obvious price drop for the consumer as 2 years of lost revenue needs to be found first in most shops. As for the 40 % tax on cigarettes it's not going to make any difference to expats just locals will feel the pinch on the cheap brands. 

As there is huge competition, I am sure the prices will be adjusted accordingly. Or else the customer goes to a shop that does and purchases other things there too.

For anybody who lives in the south there are very good tax free shops in the duty free zone between thailand and malaysia.prices are well below airport duty frees.

A great selection of wines and premium spirits are available at European price's.

Well worth a day out in normal times particularly if you enjoy decent wine and don't like being ripped off.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:42 PM, Thaiger said:

Jay and Tim talk about all the hot topics around Thailand including dual pricing in Thailand and reduced duty on the import of alcohol and cigars and added tax on cigarettes.

The post Dual Pricing and Reduced tax on Alcohol | Good Morning Thailand | Episode 92 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

drink more premium whisky smoke more cuban cigars. High life....why not