News Forum - Around 20 people arrested at Koh Samui restaurant for drinking alcohol, gambling, playing pool

Thaiger

A mixture of Thais and foreigners were arrested at a restaurant in Koh Samui over the weekend for allegedly drinking alcohol and gambling. They were also allegedly witnessed playing pool. The bar patrons were in violation of Surat Thani’s Provincial Orders that forbids gatherings, notably gatherings that include drinking alcohol. Around 20 customers were busted for drinking alcohol when police raided the premises. The name of the restaurant was not provided. After allegedly catching people in the act of imbibing, shooting pool, and gambling officials went to the owner of the restaurant for an initial inspection. The Pattaya News says […]

The post Around 20 people arrested at Koh Samui restaurant for drinking alcohol, gambling, playing pool appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

"around 20"

If that's already too much to count accurately, then now I have a better idea why the daily covid stats are all over the place here! 🤔

They couldn't give an exact number as it was unclear how many were off duty police officers 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A mixture of Thais and foreigners were arrested at a restaurant in Koh Samui

No Mention if they were from the Koh Samui Sandbox Plus scheme ….. They wouldn’t want that broadcast all over the world tourist media!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Elektronek said:

Wonder how many people would be arrested at Bangla road in Phuket 🤣

The Phuket government would be too scared to start arresting Sandboxers from their beloved tourist scheme! It’s hard enough to get them to Phuket in the first place.

• Like 4

Just now, Bob20 said:

Yes, and cups with drinks too... 🤭

Cups for those ones who want to point their pinky up in the air looking refined while sipping Chang.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Cups for those ones who want to point their pinky up in the air looking refined while sipping Chang.

I was hinting at the other meaning of mugs 🤫

• Haha 1

Do you have any idea how many Covid cases we have in Samui?  Absolute joke Samui is considered as part of Surat Thani.  It’s an island that can control it’s borders with the mainland. 

• Like 1

I certainly understand why people want to party. But Delta is not the same Covid as last year. The consequence is spread of this variant in populations that aren't vaccinated. So a little joy for long term pain. Hospitals that are swamped with infected people. Nursing staff that are overwhelmed trying to relieve peoples pain. Outbreaks in my country began with just one case. One case that turn into thousands.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I certainly understand why people want to party. But Delta is not the same Covid as last year. The consequence is spread of this variant in populations that aren't vaccinated. So a little joy for long term pain. Hospitals that are swamped with infected people. Nursing staff that are overwhelmed trying to relieve peoples pain. Outbreaks in my country began with just one case. One case that turn into thousands.  

If they really wanted I am sure they could devise a plan that allows a 16 day full out party on a reasonably restricted cordoned off decent fun joined areas that aren't full of cc cameras and marching guards regulating what you did. Just think of all the gals and guys Thjai and foreigners that would sign up, but the clincher is they cannot go outside the the area. Maybe have 2 sections for one's that transfer to so they can eventually get out of there and return back home or travel. Phuket has a big area of bars and hotels going down to the beach such as Patong or Kata or Karan for examples and so does Samui with Lamai area. Do a real bubble with fun. Just seems to me people want to have fun and party and this is a money maker, but there has to be a safe plan to it rather than 14 day quarantine and no nightlife with everything that goes with the nightlife. CM is not worth the trouble. Anyway, I must be dreaming because I need a vacation.