News Forum - Government seeks to regulate infectious waste disposal charges

Thaiger

Government officials are seeking ways in which to regulate the fees being charged for the disposal of infectious waste. According to a Bangkok Post report, the Internal Trade Department will meet tomorrow with the National Municipal League of Thailand, the Health Department, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, and waste disposal companies. The rates for disposing of contaminated waste have jumped significantly during the pandemic, in line with the increase in infectious matter from hospitals, factories, community isolation facilities and private homes where Covid-19 patients are self-isolating. It’s understood the rate for disposing of infectious waste has gone from 5 baht per […]

The post Government seeks to regulate infectious waste disposal charges appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The rates for disposing of contaminated waste have jumped significantly during the pandemic...It’s understood the rate for disposing of infectious waste has gone from 5 baht per kilogramme before the pandemic to over 50 baht now. There is currently no cap on what waste disposal companies can charge local authorities.

That's just simple price gouging, a normal practice in Thailand.

You have a greater need?  No problem, I have a greater price to satisfy it.

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

That's just simple price gouging, a normal practice in Thailand.

You have a greater need?  No problem, I have a greater price to satisfy it.

Yes normally higher demand price lower, besides here,let make use of it big time

Not wanting to be a spoil sport, but rather than to find it along the roads and in the jungle in large amounts in a few months, they could make it free and make sure nothing spreads even further.

I'm sure that's a better plan than a temporary tax discount on booze and tobacco.

Medical waste is just the tip of the iceberg. From what I saw in Thailand, the whole collection of waste needs to be updated to more modern methods. General waste bins, recycling bins, green waste bins. Automated trucks for collection. Processing of recyclables, refunds for return or recyclable products, especially plastic water bottles.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Medical waste is just the tip of the iceberg. From what I saw in Thailand, the whole collection of waste needs to be updated to more modern methods. General waste bins, recycling bins, green waste bins. Automated trucks for collection. Processing of recyclables, refunds for return or recyclable products, especially plastic water bottles.

Great idea. Can we do that after we get potable water from the tap?