Jump to content

News Forum - Cuts to import duty on alcohol, cigars, part of plan to entice wealthy foreigners


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone ever see any Bulleit Rye in the stores?

FG's

 

All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

 

 

Edited by Faz
Image without link removed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is funny news because in Europe we are going to double taxes on alcohol to reduce consumption. 

It is a health measure and the EU estimated that a lot of cancer will be prevented.

The rich are rich and do not look at the expense to please themselves.

Edited by vvdb.fr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK I give in!

I'll do my bit, I'll drink the odd case of Claret or two every week, if it helps, I  promise. 

I'll even break the seal on a good Brandy and I'll start smoking Romeo & Juliet cigars again.

I promise!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vvdb.fr said:

This is funny news because in Europe we are going to double taxes on alcohol to reduce consumption. 

It is a health measure and the EU estimated that a lot of cancer will be prevented.

The rich are rich and do not look to addiction for pleasure.

An Army of drug addled, alcoholic rock stars beg to differ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vvdb.fr said:

This is funny news because in Europe we are going to double taxes on alcohol to reduce consumption. 

It is a health measure and the EU estimated that a lot of cancer will be prevented.

The rich are rich and do not look to addiction for pleasure.

Maybe they hope the alcohol neutralises the virus inside, as it does outside with the handgel?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

...The government has devised a new 10-year visa for this purpose, which covers not just the individual, but their spouse and children too. Holders would pay the same rate of income tax as Thais and would be entitled to own property and land too...

Somehow, I don't think the "own land" part means what I think it should mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The definition of ‘wealthy foreigner’ is never defined but those who can keep the required 800,000 baht in their Thai bank account for 6 months of each year in order to qualify for the humble annual retirement visa are already wealthy by Thai standards. Whether or not ‘wealthy foreigners’ find alcohol prices here expensive rather depends on which country they originate from. Nevertheless most foreigners find alcohol (notably wine and spirit) prices in Thailand on the high side but is a reduction of, say, 100 baht on a bottle of wine really going to sway a foreigner who is contemplating a move abroad to head towards Thailand? Somehow I doubt it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leeshard said:

The definition of ‘wealthy foreigner’ is never defined but those who can keep the required 800,000 baht in their Thai bank account for 6 months of each year in order to qualify for the humble annual retirement visa are already wealthy by Thai standards. Whether or not ‘wealthy foreigners’ find alcohol prices here expensive rather depends on which country they originate from. Nevertheless most foreigners find alcohol (notably wine and spirit) prices in Thailand on the high side but is a reduction of, say, 100 baht on a bottle of wine really going to sway a foreigner who is contemplating a move abroad to head towards Thailand? Somehow I doubt it.

Some of my friends are very excited and queuing already  🤣

FG's

 

All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

 

 

Edited by Faz
Image without link removed.
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Pity you didn't tell them about social distancing or did you inadvertently invite your anti vaxxer friends on the forum ?  😂😂

This is abroad where they resumed normal life 🤭 Their hand luggage looks like this:

FG's

 

All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

 

 

Edited by Faz
Image without link removed.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gummy said:

You need to tell them to take their anti vaxxers spray deterrent along with them too 😂

I can't find one 😒 I'll email Pfizer if they can cook something up 😉

Meanwhile we have Andrew (he was very effective last night 🤣)

FG's
All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

 

Edited by Faz
Image without link removed.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A number of images have been removed in breach of FG's.

Please note;

Rule 6. All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

Rule 7. Sources must be publicly available (i.e., not from a “member’s only” website). Links must be checked by Members before posting to ensure they are valid.

Rule 8.Members are not to insert more than two relevant image files – pictures or videos, per post. Moderators may use their discretion and DELETE any image files that do not comply or are deemed offensive as per Forum Guidelines.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Faz said:

A number of images have been removed in breach of FG's.

Please note;

Rule 6. All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

Rule 7. Sources must be publicly available (i.e., not from a “member’s only” website). Links must be checked by Members before posting to ensure they are valid.

Rule 8.Members are not to insert more than two relevant image files – pictures or videos, per post. Moderators may use their discretion and DELETE any image files that do not comply or are deemed offensive as per Forum Guidelines.

< Attempt at a humorous reply to a moderator removed.>

FG's.
Rule 11. Questions, comments, and complaints about Moderation actions are not allowed on the Forum. They are to only be raised by a Personal Message (PM) to the Moderator concerned or another member of the Moderation Panel.

Official warnings will be issued from herein.

Edited by Faz
comment attempting to be humorous removed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use