News Forum - Phuket officials launch mass testing campaign in high-risk communities

Thaiger

Proactive mass testing is underway in Phuket communities with high infection rates, as officials attempt to curtail the spread of Covid-19 on the southern island. The Bangkok Post reports that 9 comprehensive Covid-19 response teams have been dispatched to the target areas. Provincial chief health officer Kusak Kukiattikun says the teams will use antigen test kits in an active case-finding operation over 3 days. Kusak says officials on the island are concerned about the surge in cases, with daily new infections over 200 and fears that tourism could be affected. Yesterday, Phuket reported 242 new cases. “Since July, the number […]

The post Phuket officials launch mass testing campaign in high-risk communities appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Guess what? They'll find infections. Just like when I go to my fridge, I find cold things.

Now, if they really wanted to find out the scale of the problem, they'd do random tests at non-specific locations. Then they might get some idea of the real spread of the problem.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Guess what? They'll find infections. Just like when I go to my fridge, I find cold things.

Now, if they really wanted to find out the scale of the problem, they'd do random tests at non-specific locations. Then they might get some idea of the real spread of the problem.

Most of the testing here is targeted.. they target the Myanmar camps!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

2 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Most of the testing here is targeted.. they target the Myanmar camps!

News Forum - Phuket officials launch mass testing campaign in high-risk communities

true Mass testing would involve more than just a few hundred tests at targeted sites. If they were serious about finding the extent of the problem just test the whole island.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

true Mass testing would involve more than just a few hundred tests at targeted sites. If they were serious about finding the extent of the problem just test the whole island.

It's the only way ! If atk tests don't go on the official numbers then why not test the whole island! The official figures won't go up! But maybe not enough hotels to hide people away for 2 weeks if they test everyone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Article Quote: Kusak says officials on the island are concerned about the surge in cases, with daily new infections over 200 and fears that tourism could be affected. Yesterday, Phuket reported 242 new cases.

If you think of how big of an area Phuket is and then the proposed population of 75,000 people and how things connect and interact, then this must be so much way big bigger than they are letting out. Seems as if they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to down play it and not lose face, but probably the reality of the situation is the almighty tourist bubble has already more than likely popped under an uncontrollable spread, and then if the case they lose double face as this should serve as full reversal for any other cockamamie absurd bubble or stupid charming schemes at this time until they can seriously vaccinate more than 85% for the next proposed cities and provinces.

I actually don't have any of my friends from the US who would even consider coming here with out having any sort of a night life and booze going on, even if they were to travel with family being kids in tow..

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

There goes all those spare hospital beds that the Governor claims are still available for tourists. 

Hold that thought there AussieBob. They might have a big reserve of hammocks.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

i guess numbers are not high enough already

No, they have been told to use up all those free test kits the got from China before they expire past there best use by date of last Friday!

• Haha 5

wishful thinking by our peers,the virus will be contained by 14th october ? says the messiah,without vaccinating 70 % of the national population,l also dont believe 70% of people living here has received 2 shots,as thousands of thai and expats are not registered here as population and havent received their first jab and when are the manufactured thai AZ coming,no news on that ??

2 minutes ago, harry1 said:

wishful thinking by our peers,the virus will be contained by 14th october ? says the messiah,without vaccinating 70 % of the national population,l also dont believe 70% of people living here has received 2 shots,as thousands of thai and expats are not registered here as population and havent received their first jab and when are the manufactured thai AZ coming,no news on that ??

Well, they need to get to 85% of everyone to contain the problem. And if they're looking at 15/10 to open, they need to complete that by 1 October.

Impossible.

They could decide not to wait until 85% is fully vaccinated, but that means unnecessary sickness and death. They've shown before that that doesn't really deter them.

• Like 2