News Forum - DDC plans to vaccinate 1 million people a day starting Friday

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

Two Sinovac? Then they really are being dumped on - given the one Sinovac / one AZ combo, nobody should be getting two Sinovac any more even to clear stock.

They are not. Sinovac/Sinovac was the early strategy......................before the impact of the Delta variant.

The government policy is now Sinovac/AZ

10 hours ago, Convert54 said:

No. Sinovac  followd by AZ is the information given

Thanks for the clarification - I assumed your reply "and still getting" referred to my saying "while one Sinovac then one AZ isn't as good as two AZ, it's a lot better than two Sinovac which is what many got in BuriRam" which you'd quoted.

Evidently, and happily, we simply had our wires crossed.

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Same for the Thai in CM. No choice. 

As I'd thought was universal across Thailand, at least until stocks of Sinovac are used up, but @Convert54's reply seemed to suggest otherwise.

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

They are not. Sinovac/Sinovac was the early strategy......................before the impact of the Delta variant.

The government policy is now Sinovac/AZ

As above - clearly we're all in agreement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thing about that place is they the Anutin clan think they own all the residents and forced them to jab like it or not. 

The latest ploy locally, announced at the village temple, was that those not registering to be vaccinated would lose their Thong Fah / Social Security "Blue Flag" cards, which give a monthly living allowance to the poor (pretty well 100% of the local villages, regardless of financial status!).

Whether correct or not it wasn't particularly well received, along with the PYB telling people that Sinovac was better "for Asians" as Pfizer and Moderna were "for farangs" which was given due scepticism.

4 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Nice catch. Yes I wrote Anutin in haste but yes you are correct as it is Newin as the real Godfather with Anutin overshadowing hand in hand them to make them all jab as an example for a first here in Thailand. The power these 2 together wield is untouchable it would seem. Who ever gave the order all it can be called is iron fisted to vaccinate Buri Ram. Found the article below.

BANGKOK POST - Buri Ram makes Covid vaccinations compulsory PUBLISHED : 15 MAY 2021 AT 08:00

Authorities in Buri Ram have issued an order requiring everyone in the province to be vaccinated against Covid-19 or risk being fined or jailed for up to two years.

The order came from the governor, Thatchakorn Hatathathayakul, who chaired a provincial communicable disease committee meeting on Friday.

To prevent further virus transmission and help public health officials manage the vaccination drive, people aged 18 and over who live or work in the province must assess their risk of Covid-19 infection with village health volunteers, or via an online system or through a vaccination coordinating centre before the end of this month.

Disease control and public health officials will have the authority to force at-risk people to be vaccinated, as well as set dates, schedules and places to administer Covid-19 vaccines to them.

The authority stems from the 2015 Communicable Disease Act, violations of which carry a maximum one month in prison and/or fines that could be as high as 20,000 baht, depending on which part of the act is applied.

Those who refuse to be vaccinated may also be liable to a maximum two years in prison and/or a fine up to 40,000 baht for breaching the emergency decree.

The main vaccine the government is distributing right now is Coronavac, made by Sinovac Biotech in China, as the first batch of the locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will not be available until early June.

Image removed in breach of FG's.
Rule 6. All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

Edited by Faz
Image without link removed.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

The latest ploy locally, announced at the village temple, was that those not registering to be vaccinated would lose their Thong Fah / Social Security "Blue Flag" cards, which give a monthly living allowance to the poor (pretty well 100% of the local villages, regardless of financial status!).

Whether correct or not it wasn't particularly well received, along with the PYB telling people that Sinovac was better "for Asians" as Pfizer and Moderna were "for farangs" which was given due scepticism.

If true this is a huge Human Rights violation. Sort of like if you don't register I will kidnap you daughter, and then she is no longer yours until you give in to what I order you to do. Well Buri Ram threatened fines and jail time on everyone and got away with it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If true this is a huge Human Rights violation. Sort of like if you don't register I will kidnap you daughter, and then she is no longer yours until you give in to what I order you to do. Well Buri Ram threatened fines and jail time on everyone and got away with it. 

I've no idea if it's true or not or if it's just an idle threat, but it was made as an official announcement by the tessabaan at the temple this morning so not just village gossip.

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I've no idea if it's true or not or if it's just an idle threat, but it was made as an official announcement by the tessabaan at the temple this morning so not just village gossip.

Should be treated all the same. If I see a friend on an airplane and yell to him Hi Jack, ...

Anything over that load speaker here is official and public. I am so fortunate our housing place did not force one to be put in, but then it is private to a point.

36 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If you choose to live in the outback, you quickly learn to play by local rules.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

If you choose to live in the outback, you quickly learn to play by local rules.

The Thong Fah / Blue Flag social security system is national, so if that rule's applied (if) it makes no difference if you're on the edge of Nakhon Nowhere or swimming across Bangkok.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

The Thong Fah / Blue Flag social security system is national, so if that rule's applied (if) it makes no difference if you're on the edge of Nakhon Nowhere or swimming across Bangkok.

You were smart putting the word "if" in your post.

• Haha 1