News Forum - DDC plans to vaccinate 1 million people a day starting Friday

Thaiger

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

We that’s all you can legally go there for now ….. if where you went for the t-shirt was in Thailand 

The t-shirt came in a mug too

• Haha 1

So, within the space of 5 days from today, the DDC plans to increase the daily vaccination rate to a million a day. Based on the current daily vaccination rate (7-day average) for first and second doses, that's a 42% increase by Friday. Something special must have happened to manage this, but we're not being told what it is. Anyway, ...-way to go!

Edited by voyager
Correction of %age increase in vaccination rate

DDC plans to vaccinate 1 million people a day starting Friday

Which is inline with ….  

The Tourism and Sports Ministry has told the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to propose the plan on reopening five provinces to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on September 23, Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said on Saturday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006339

Looks like the Prime Minister will have his Prophecy com true. This is what comes when you Chair the CCSA.

Drove past my local vaccination centre here in Buriram today, it was closed no sign of anyone. Must be saving the vaccines for Friday's big push, bit of a bummer for me as my 2nd dose is scheduled for Thursday....

🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Bob20 said:

More than two weeks ago, members here claimed Thailand was already jabbing a million doses per day. It was doubtful then, and any "plan" here needs to show some evidence first.

Same as 152.9m doses "expected" before year end. 

And could we have some clear definitions please?

50% of the population is 50% of everyone. But I expect that this is not what the leaders mean.

Same as they say 90% of BKK population has already been vaccinated, but that is a factual impossibility as children and some other groups have not been vaccinated and they make up more than 10% of the total, so 90% is impossible.

Therefore, please say 50% or 90% of ("specify the group here"), and don't use the description "the population" if you are not looking to include every living person.

This site > https://covidvax.live/location/tha will provide insight in the current Thailand vaccination- status.  Easy to determine from those figures, what a 50% vaccinated status requires, with only 21.66% of the population fully vaccinated. 

image.thumb.png.243d1b4dbd7a221f379f2b0e3b55f7d6.png

image.thumb.png.243d1b4dbd7a221f379f2b0e3b55f7d6.png

2 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to offer Pfizer walk-in for foreigners 18+ on Tuesday afternoon

Those 1.5m doses from 30 July sure seem to last long 🤔 

15 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Thailand the land of counterfeit and copies

< Image removed - Rule 6. All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

Pass me them empty Pfizer bottles please.

Edited by Faz
removed image in breach of FG's

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

At 2 -300 a session? As it takes a long time for the management of this. I sure you remember how many people where there during your vaccination …. I bet would not have pushed over 500 for the day. I repeat, they are slow at managing the shot.

27 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

At 2 -300 a session? As it takes a long time for the management of this. I sure you remember how many people where there during your vaccination …. I bet would not have pushed over 500 for the day. I repeat, they are slow at managing the shot.

Yes, but you're talking one location and according to others here there are 1000 locations in Thailand in hospitals alone not even counting outside locations as ours, at least a number of which will do Pfizer on the same days.

And most was for other groups, expat registrations only ran at about 65.000 in total. 

Then they've got 31m coming later... Seriously, 1.5m in nearly two months makes me think how they're talking nearly 1m a day for some time already and at or over 1m consistently from Friday...

• Thanks 1

In my locality as from today walk ins  for initial Sinovac  shots will be ongoing daily with an AZ second also on a walk in due date in a specified number of weeks not specific to date.

I am constantly and consistently bewildered by the negativity of comment .

Would people prefer the announcement of no intention at all?

Excuse me if I direct  attention to the cockups many other supposedly superior sophisticated countries have made or managed.

Oh yeah but but ! 🙄

Edited by BigHewer
Inappropriate language removed, as well as in subsequent quoted post
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Convert54 said:

In my locality as from today walk ins  for initial Sinovac  shots will be ongoing daily with an AZ second also on a walk in due date in a specified number of weeks not specific to date.

I am constantly and consistently bewildered by the negativity of comment .

Would people prefer the announcement of no intention at all?

Excuse me if I direct  attention to the cockups many other supposedly superior sophisticated countries have made or managed.

Oh yeah but but ! 🙄

Well, I'm happy for you in your locality.

Up north it's been lagging though. And some of us have been lucky, while the locals haven't been able to get anything yet. Yet every day there are plans about opening up, so that movement will spread the virus and that worries many people that didn't get any protection yet.

You didn't address me personally, but if you read my posts, I did express my gratitude.

That doesn't mean you can't question anything though. It's not just the English speaking community here that has serious questions about it all, seeing all the Thai with A4 sheets on their cars asking for vaccines here every day...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to offer Pfizer walk-in for foreigners 18+ on Tuesday afternoon

Is that all Bangkok Hospitals? Or where? Would like to try to get my kids in. 

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am only aware of BPH doing it...at Central Festival, first come first served.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/20/bangkok-hospital-pattaya-to-offer-pfizer-walk-in-for-foreigners-18-on-tuesday-afternoon-first-come-first-serve/

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Only Pattaya, at least so far.  Having set a number aside for foreigners, they're now finding it hard to give away / clear those numbers before they expire, without looking as if they're giving some preferential treatment hence extending the bracket and the rush to start vaccinating schoolkids.

2 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Oh Nuts!. Ok I will take a look around the internet and see if it’s in other places too. Thanks for the reply. BTW, if you do hear of anything like this being same sane for CM, please let me know by PM. Trying to get my kids jabbed on their US PP

4 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Drove past my local vaccination centre here in Buriram today, it was closed no sign of anyone. Must be saving the vaccines for Friday's big push, bit of a bummer for me as my 2nd dose is scheduled for Thursday....

🤣🤣🤣

BuriRam was given way, way more vaccines than could be justified early on, for obvious reasons, so they're now a lower priority as other provinces are "catching up".

Some are now regretting it, as while one Sinovac then one AZ isn't as good as two AZ, it's a lot better than two Sinovac which is what many got in BuriRam.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

BuriRam was given way, way more vaccines than could be justified early on, for obvious reasons, so they're now a lower priority as other provinces are "catching up".

Some are now regretting it, as while one Sinovac then one AZ isn't as good as two AZ, it's a lot better than two Sinovac which is what many got in BuriRam.

And still getting .

24 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Only Pattaya, at least so far.  Having set a number aside for foreigners, they're now finding it hard to give away / clear those numbers before they expire, without looking as if they're giving some preferential treatment hence extending the bracket and the rush to start vaccinating schoolkids.

Makes sense. Hopefully CM should be big enough as a place to get the Pfizer. Mine don’t qualify for the 12-17 yr olds Thai side, but they technically should on 18+ with their US PP. Darn, but one thing great is word of keyboard mouth for us. Got my ears perked up looking like Mr. Ed

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

And still getting .

Two Sinovac? Then they really are being dumped on - given the one Sinovac / one AZ combo, nobody should be getting two Sinovac any more even to clear stock.

No wonder there's still some reluctance to register if that's still a possibility.

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Two Sinovac? Then they really are being dumped on - given the one Sinovac / one AZ combo, nobody should be getting two Sinovac any more even to clear stock.

No wonder there's still some reluctance to register if that's still a possibility.

No. Sinovac  followd by AZ is the information given

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Thing about that place is they the Anutin clan think they own all the residents and forced them to jab like it or not.