News Forum - DDC plans to vaccinate 1 million people a day starting Friday

Thaiger

The government has set the ambitious goal of administering 1 million doses of Covid vaccines a day starting this Friday. The Department of Disease Control announced this goal and said, via Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, the director general of the Thai Disease Control Department, that they are planning to get 50% of the population their first dose by the end of the month, or in 11 days. The DDC says this is part of an overarching plan to resuscitate the economy, notably before the high season in November and December. This plan is also intended to reopen the doors again for […]

The post DDC plans to vaccinate 1 million people a day starting Friday appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

More than two weeks ago, members here claimed Thailand was already jabbing a million doses per day. It was doubtful then, and any "plan" here needs to show some evidence first.

Same as 152.9m doses "expected" before year end. 

And could we have some clear definitions please?

50% of the population is 50% of everyone. But I expect that this is not what the leaders mean.

Same as they say 90% of BKK population has already been vaccinated, but that is a factual impossibility as children and some other groups have not been vaccinated and they make up more than 10% of the total, so 90% is impossible.

Therefore, please say 50% or 90% of ("specify the group here"), and don't use the description "the population" if you are not looking to include every living person.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

More than two weeks ago, members here claimed Thailand was already jabbing a million doses per day. 

No they didn't - that's completely untrue.

That's simply your mistaken interpretation based on the then 39 million doses administered being given over  "4 months" when it's well known and well documented that vaccinations  here started back in February so 6 to 7 months ago.

28 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And could we have some clear definitions please?

50% of the population is 50% of everyone. But I expect that this is not what the leaders mean.

Same as they say 90% of BKK population has already been vaccinated, but that is a factual impossibility as children and some other groups have not been vaccinated and they make up more than 10% of the total, so 90% is impossible.

Therefore, please say 50% or 90% of ("specify the group here"), and don't use the description "the population" if you are not looking to include every living person.

To be fair to the Thaiger, that's hardly the Thaiger's fault or responsibility since all they were doing here, as they said very clearly, was reporting what the DDC had said!

I'm sorry to say it, but with this wild mud-slinging in all directions and mis-representing of easily verifiable facts you're rapidly becoming the mirror-image of the anti-vax / conspiracy theorist brigade you've put on ignore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No they didn't - that's completely untrue.

That's simply your mistaken interpretation based on the then 39 million doses administered being given over  "4 months" when it's well known and well documented that vaccinations  here started back in February so 6 to 7 months ago.

To be fair to the Thaiger, that's hardly the Thaiger's fault or responsibility since all they were doing here, as they said very clearly, was reporting what the DDC had said!

I'm sorry to say it, but with this wild mud-slinging in all directions and mis-representing of easily verifiable facts you're rapidly becoming the mirror-image of the anti-vax / conspiracy theorist brigade you've put on ignore.

Glad you're no longer "just argumentative" 🤣

Perhaps you'd like to read the attached post from another member, claiming exactly what I said was claimed. I don't suppose there will be an apology for your saying I made it up...

And I don't see any accusation in the direction of Thaiger or even mentioning them. I am asking for more accurate reporting, full stop.

Let's see how you continue for another few hours in order not to retreat...

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 10.37.33.png

• Like 2

I thought I just read they were jabbing 900,000 per day which seems with all their PR on numbers one would think Thailand would have already been vaccinated 3 times over.

But there they go again with their BS of pushing/forcing Sinovac and AZ. I know of 20 people off the bat that will not by all means do those jabs, and then my family's friends and so forth you can times that by a low conservative number of 20 each x 3 for their circles, and that is just within the people in my immediate family and their circle and friends not including the ones in Bangkok and other provinces.

• Like 3

More lofty plans and nothing gets done, once again. Why would anyone still fall for these pathetic claims and empty promises by now? I always say greater than 90% of the general population have low intelligence. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Glad you're no longer "just argumentative" 🤣

Perhaps you'd like to read the attached post from another member from 2 weeks ago, claiming exactly what I said was claimed. I don't suppose there will be an apology for your saying I made it up...

And I don't see any accusation in the direction of Thaiger or even mentioning them. I am asking for more accurate reporting, full stop.

Let's see how you continue for another few hours in order not to retreat...

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 10.37.33.png

But, @Bob20, he's not "members" but a member, and he doesn't say "exactly what [you] said was claimed"!  I was trying to avoid being too argumentative, but since you put it so bluntly you clearly did "make it up", just as you obviously made up putting me on ignore 😂!

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I am asking for more accurate reporting, full stop.

The Thaiger, at least in this case, reported exactly what was said - whatever you're asking for, you can't get "more accurate reporting" than that 😂!

Sorry, @Bob20, but even I'm bored of this and that's saying something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

But, @Bob20, he's not "members" but a member, and he doesn't say "exactly what [you] said was claimed"!  I was trying to avoid being too argumentative, but since you put it so bluntly you clearly did "make it up", just as you obviously made up putting me on ignore 😂!

The Thaiger, at least in this case, reported exactly what was said - whatever you're asking for, you can't get "more accurate reporting" than that 😂!

Sorry, @Bob20, but even I'm bored of this and that's saying something.

There are others sharing my opinion and PM's work a treat, so the block stays. Some even tell you openly on the forum... 

You can't see the forest for the trees my friend.

While the teams are playing, you're looking at the bit of paint missing from the goal-post, distracting from the objective, not adding anything and losing the game...

I can find you the others that claimed the million. So could you if you wouldn't just be up yourself to win any argument despite the damage you do.

And you also know that with "more accurate reporting" I don't mean "accurate copying".

But hey, if it gets you off, good luck 🤣

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I thought I just read they were jabbing 900,000 per day which seems with all their PR on numbers one would think Thailand would have already been vaccinated 3 times over.

The "900,000 per day" is only recently, in the last month or so, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think that a million is achievable. 

27 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

But there they go again with their BS of pushing/forcing Sinovac and AZ. I know of 20 people off the bat that will not by all means do those jabs, and then my family's friends and so forth you can times that by a low conservative number of 20 each x 3 for their circles, and that is just within the people in my immediate family and their circle and friends not including the ones in Bangkok and other provinces.

I agree with you, @HCC, but I think that with the change from a "pot luck" to a simpler 1 x Sinovac followed by 1 x AZ a lot more are now signing up, and those that don't are signing up (and paying) for Moderna instead.

I'm not suggesting the government deserve any credit for the unmitigated and unforgivable shambles of a vaccine rollout, as it's now happening despite the government rather than because of them, but while I think November and the high season is unlikely at best I don't think it's unreasonable to foresee a good vaccination level by the end of the year and the vast majority of the country fully vaccinated by Songkran.

29 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

... so the block stays ...

I only wish it did, @Bob20, but it's painfully obvious that isn't true.

FFS stop making things up that are patently untrue and put me on ignore as you claim.

End of my interest in this absurd ping-pong.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

More lofty plans and nothing gets done, once again. Why would anyone still fall for these pathetic claims and empty promises by now? I always say greater than 90% of the general population have low intelligence. 

Obviously, you're in the other 10%? It goes without saying.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The government has set the ambitious goal of administering 1 million doses of Covid vaccines a day starting this Friday.

Isn’t this Friday a religious public holiday? Then they could use that excuse if they don’t reach those numbers!

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

There are others sharing my opinion and PM's work a treat, so the block stays. Some even tell you openly on the forum... 

You can't see the forest for the trees my friend.

While the teams are playing, you're looking at the bit of paint missing from the goal-post, distracting from the objective, not adding anything and losing the game...

I can find you the others that claimed the million. So could you if you wouldn't just be up yourself to win any argument despite the damage you do.

And you also know that with "more accurate reporting" I don't mean "accurate copying".

But hey, if it gets you off, good luck 🤣

I think you and anyone else who engages with this individual is not doing themselves or this forum any good. It’s not even a vaguely rational or sensible debate with him any longer. I only get to see the nonsense when others quote him. If he wants to act like a 5 year old then he should be treated as one. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The "900,000 per day" is only recently, in the last month or so, so I don't think it's unreasonable to think that a million is achievable. 

I agree with you, @HCC, but I think that with the change from a "pot luck" to a simpler 1 x Sinovac followed by 1 x AZ a lot more are now signing up, and those that don't are signing up (and paying) for Moderna instead.

I'm not suggesting the government deserve any credit for the unmitigated and unforgivable shambles of a vaccine rollout, as it's now happening despite the government rather than because of them, but while I think November and the high season is unlikely at best I don't think it's unreasonable to foresee a good vaccination level by the end of the year and the vast majority of the country fully vaccinated by Songkran.

Welp, yes Thai people are getting really worried and think they have no choice but to jab with the CCP/CP inferior junk and then going to the other no choice as an AZ 2nd jab which is sort of better if you think on those terms. But so far it still remains their BS agenda push to majority jab with their original plan of only these 2 vaccines for their reasons I will not or plainly cannot state my opinion on, same as cannot for the opinions of the ones who oppose the forced push as well.

My family tried to sign up for the Moderna in CM but 2 did not pass go, and the one who got the ok will wait and wait until she can get it, but it seems not to be anytime soon.

Now their continual PR parade of numbers is just that, a parade that starts and does not end up anywhere having any true bells and whistles. Sort of like a fart in the wind. But yes, there are more signing up for the Svc and AZ, but again who knows how many really, and then again why not Sphm or J&J etc? It is beyond being disillusioned. For me if I was not fortunate enough to get my first Pfizer jab because of a tip from a local CM  TT OP, then I would not be getting anything anytime soon.

Sorry as it just sounds like complaining, but me and my family are pretty much thoroughly fed up disgusted with them and mad as he!! at this point. Can you blame us or anyone who is? So in the interim they will wait as well as the majority of their circle of friends and so on reaching out for the others (same ideology) to get the jabs until they get what they want (or someone next to them dies scaring them silly to jab the unwanted vaccines), but until then, there probably will not be factual numbers put out there or the target of mass vaccinations met until real other choices are brought in.

For my family as we have just discussed, if worst comes to shove then I will put them on an airplane to the US to get a J&J jab.

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

My family tried to sign up for the Moderna in CM but 2 did not pass go, and the one who got the ok will wait and wait until she can get it, but it seems not to be anytime soon

Agreed on all counts, @HCC, but I can't work this one out.

I got offered Pfizer as soon as it was available in my province, and have had the first jab, but at the same time my partner signed up and paid in advance for Moderna, due in January at the only international hospital in the province as their bookings for October were full.

They were just taking everyone on a "first come = first booked" policy, and the only thing that surprised me was that at the same time they were selling AZ to anyone who wanted a jab on the spot.

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

My family tried to sign up for the Moderna in CM but 2 did not pass go, and the one who got the ok will wait and wait until she can get it, but it seems not to be anytime soon.

More than likely will die of old age before getting the Moderna Vaccine. It’s amazing how quiet the private hospitals have gone now that vaccines are flooding the country. I bet their favourite line is … it coming tomorrow!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Agreed on all counts, @HCC, but I can't work this one out.

I got offered Pfizer as soon as it was available in my province, and have had the first jab, but at the same time my partner signed up and paid in advance for Moderna, due in January at the only international hospital in the province as their bookings for October were full.

They were just taking everyone on a "first come = first booked" policy, and the only thing that surprised me was that at the same time they were selling AZ to anyone who wanted a jab on the spot.

Yes, I even did the sign up. My wife, son and daughter and even me submitted at the same time within a minute or 2 and only my daughter got it. Me and the wife made the submission but did not make the cut getting an email, and my son reached the we are full wall. I also spoke with a friend who did it for his family and they got the submission through but zero email reply. Can only think of where those who got the submission through but were denied and whom the appointment actually was then forwarded to. We are thinking rigged.

Also for the rules it says that no refund and they reserve the right to change the criteria. So I am thinking maybe it will not be for the Moderna in the end but what they want to give, which I have the stinking suspicion it might just in the need be AZ offered. Hope not but what do we ever have that is solid to go on. Who knows, but we reserve the right and no refund is something else.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

More than likely will die of old age before getting the Moderna Vaccine. It’s amazing how quiet the private hospitals have gone now that vaccines are flooding the country.

Yeah it almost like if you don't die getting CV-19 while waiting for Moderna, then old age will get you first and still no refund. 

56 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I bet their favourite line is … it coming tomorrow!

Might be the wrong profession for that saying. 2 sayings for that come to mind: Think pleasure or my BF (2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th) coming to visit tomorrow.

For the vaccine, here they say a month but you have to guess what year.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Remember …Tomorrow never comes ……………..

🤔

1. All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

Edited by Faz
Image without comment and link removed.

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Just went there for the t-shirt

We that’s all you can legally go there for now ….. if where you went for the t-shirt was in Thailand