News Forum - Government speeds rollout with 152.9 million vaccines this year

Thaiger

A government spokesperson announced yesterday that between now and the end of October they intend to disperse 24 million Covid-19 vaccines as manufacturers are beginning to have more stock available for Thailand import. Thailand is now expected to receive total of 152.9 million vaccines by the end of this year to battle the Covid-19 pandemic, an amount that will cover 70% of the country’s population, 50 million people total. Moderna and Sinopharm are expected to deliver vaccine shipments in October, with Moderna’s Spikevax branded vaccines expected to be available for purchase at private hospitals soon. The Thai Red Cross Society […]

The post Government speeds rollout with 152.9 million vaccines this year appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I was under the impression that Thailand had a population of approx 68m. 

And seeing 153m doses available by year end (BTW, up incredibly from the 100m prognosis of only a couple of weeks ago...), that should be enough for everyone, incl. third doses for double dosed Sinovac and early vaccinated.

I doubt, however, that they'll be vaccinating children of the youngest age group, so that should give us a number of some 85-90%.

So why do they ony get to 70%?

• Like 5

I think the whole world is tired of false claims..... and the whole world (by that I mean the ordinary people; not governments and politicians of whatever political allegiance), are running out of patience with those who want to seek power over people. Those whose motivation is questionable. It is time for truth to conquer....and the time is right for that to happen... 

• Like 1

As in the US, many will expire and be thrown out is why you need more than the population estimates

Am not certain about how Thai people feel about vaccines other than many do not want the Chinese vaccines. 

Yes, hopefully anyone who wants one can get one ASAP.

Government needs to realize it is time to open up for vaccinated tourists and have entertainment and bar venues check customers so everyone entering has had Covid vaccines

Peace

Edited by ExpatPattaya

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

And seeing 153m doses available by year end (BTW, up incredibly from the 100m prognosis of only a couple of weeks ago...), that should be enough for everyone, incl. third doses for double dosed Sinovac and early vaccinated.

I doubt, however, that they'll be vaccinating children of the youngest age group, so that should give us a number of some 85-90%.

Good question

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

between now and the end of October they intend to disperse 24 million Covid-19 vaccines as manufacturers are beginning to have more stock available for Thailand import.

Yes, let's not forget that the reason we haven't had enough vaccines isn't because we failed to order them in a timely manner, it's the fault of the manufacturers.

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

booster shots for those who have already had 2 vaccinations using the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine that has been proven to be less effective against the Delta variant 

Uh, that would be against EVERY variant, including the original strain.  Let's get it right, people.  The government bought ineffective vaccines from the beginning, it wasn't the Delta variant that turned this tide.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Thai math.  I've given up trying to figure it out in the 15 years I've made this my home.

I am hopeful, numbers aside, that this means we really are going to have enough vaccines for the population and can return to some kind of normalcy in the near future.

2 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Yes, let's not forget that the reason we haven't had enough vaccines isn't because we failed to order them in a timely manner, it's the fault of the manufacturers.

Uh, that would be against EVERY variant, including the original strain.  Let's get it right, people.  The government bought ineffective vaccines from the beginning, it wasn't the Delta variant that turned this tide.

Thai math.  I've given up trying to figure it out in the 15 years I've made this my home.

I am hopeful, numbers aside, that this means we really are going to have enough vaccines for the population and can return to some kind of normalcy in the near future.

Hope you're right. I'm a newbie at 3 years here 👶 

Someone new here on the forum is going to compile some figures from Thai language reports and will inform us soon. Let's see how they match up.

Can Thais count?? 

**Thailand is now expected to receive total of 152.9 million vaccines by the end of this year to battle the Covid-19 pandemic, an amount that will cover 70% of the country’s population, 50 million people total.**

Should be that all the population will be fully vaccinated and still leaves 53 million for boosters. 

Daily numbers are impressive, if they could ramp it up in provinces other than Bangkok, it would be great. Problem is, boosters are already needed and AZ is getting put on a top of 2 Sinovacs (which I don't think really necessary). So yeah, we are finally on the way. If Modena will come early next year, it would be great. I paid for one shot as a booster 

15 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Daily numbers are impressive, if they could ramp it up in provinces other than Bangkok, it would be great. Problem is, boosters are already needed and AZ is getting put on a top of 2 Sinovacs (which I don't think really necessary). So yeah, we are finally on the way. If Modena will come early next year, it would be great. I paid for one shot as a booster 

They announced 29.000 coming to CM.

You'd think they could spare a few more if those numbers were true 🙄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It's that funny Thai mathematics Bob.🤣

12-17 year old students: "the government earmarking 4.8 million vaccines to be used for the student vaccinations programme". I'm guessing "4.8 million vaccines" means DOSES...(THE THAIGER..?)

With approximately 5 million students aged 12-17, and an imminent return to classrooms for many, should we assume that they'll all be returning after a single dose, and that the Gov has ordered /scheduled the Pfizer second dose?

There's a wholesale lack of trust about this in rural communities, some people believing their kids will just be off-loaded with surplus Sinovac. Will children /their parents be shown documentary proof of lot numbers /batch numbers etc to prove authenticity of Pfizer having been administered?

3 minutes ago, voyager said:

12-17 year old students: "the government earmarking 4.8 million vaccines to be used for the student vaccinations programme". I'm guessing "4.8 million vaccines" means DOSES...(THE THAIGER..?)

With approximately 5 million students aged 12-17, and an imminent return to classrooms for many, should we assume that they'll all be returning after a single dose, and that the Gov has ordered /scheduled the Pfizer second dose?

There's a wholesale lack of trust about this in rural communities, some people believing their kids will just be off-loaded with surplus Sinovac. Will children /their parents be shown documentary proof of lot numbers /batch numbers etc to prove authenticity of Pfizer having been administered?

If they administer like they did here, then yes. 

• Like 1