TIGER LIGHT BEER

Nivram

I used to drink Tiger Light beer.  I haven't seen being sold anywhere in Thailand in about one year.

I was told  by a Manager in Food Central that the company was redesigning the label.

I liked the beer because it only has 4.1% alcohol.

I do not like the the flavor of San Miguel Light.

Anybody have any info?

Thanks

• Like 1

There is a misconception that 'LIGHT' beer is low in alcohol. San Mig light is 5% but low in calories, Tiger Light is low in alcohol but not in calories.

Get the real stuff down yer neck.

By the way NIVRAM is one of my favourite instrumentals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

There is a misconception that 'LIGHT' beer is low in alcohol. San Mig light is 5% but low in calories, Tiger Light is low in alcohol but not in calories.

Absolutely

To continue the trend of not answering the OP's question -

As an older gent (99yo), I do wish there were a beer that was both low in calories (have to watch my girlish figure) and low in alcohol. I would settle for low in alcohol. Reason being - I enjoy drinking with friends late into the night, but find that after my third pint I need to return soonly home to my crypt. Any more than 3 pints - and I am not moving from my lair for 24hr of rapid pulse, death-and-guilt-feelings, and general unease.

A 2% beer would be perfect, and without the sugar.. Granted, this may reside only in the realm of Star Trek - but it would allow me to drink twice or 3x as long, increase the amount of baht the bars take, and I could get my buzz going and keep it there, rather than burning out too quickly, or sharing all of my best friends (and my own) secrets to anyone that will listen.

To the OP - I know nothing about Tiger light, but can ensure that drinking a pint of your bartenders warm foamy piss would be more preferable to your palette than a SML.

• Like 1

San Miguel ZERO.

abv 3%   calories 60

Tiger Light:  abv  4.1%  calories 110

Thatchers Gold 4.8% abv calories (pint) 230

I worked out that I could have 3 pints of Thatchers  690 calories

6 Tiger Light = 660  calories

Or 11 SM Zero.

• Like 2

Nobody has answered the question.

IS TIGER (CRYSTAL) LIGHT STILL BEING DISTRIBUTED? IF NOT, WHY?

I do not see it being sold in Thailand.

Just like the old Singha Light.

3 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Nobody has answered the question.

IS TIGER (CRYSTAL) LIGHT STILL BEING DISTRIBUTED? IF NOT, WHY?

I do not see it being sold in Thailand.

Just like the old Singha Light.

Singha Light was my favourite tipple at one time.

MY BEER is not Singha Light  -  whatever the Thais might say.

I don't know about 'Crystal' Light, but I regularly drink Tiger Light (as above)

• Like 1

Still nobody has answered the question.

Tiger "Crystal" Light  is Tiger Light.  They changed the label.

But where is this beer now in Thailand?

Has it been discontinued?

Edited by Nivram
spelling
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Still nobody has answered the question.

Tiger "Crystal" Light  is Tiger Light.  They changed the label.

But where is this beer now in Thailand?

Has it been discontinued?

If you are looking for "Tiger Light" I suggest you pay attention to the previous posts.

It is everywhere in Thailand....notably MAKRO and any beer shop.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:20 PM, WilliamG said:

By the way NIVRAM is one of my favourite instrumentals.

I would disagree that Tiger Light at 4.1% is low in alcohol, lower certainly but not exactly low. Now in the UK Sam Smith's Mild - if they still do it - at 2.8% is definitely low. Low price as well, I used to pay 1.85 a pint admittedly 9 years ago. 

Strangely MyBeer or Singha Light whichever, gives me much less of a hangover with 4.5%

• Like 1

Never drink at home?

Cost Tiger Light - 1 can or bottle retail 35 baht

Cost Tiger Light - 1 can or bottle in Beer Bar  or 80 - 120 baht or Go - Go Bar 150 - 180 baht

Look at the money I save to spend on a short time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:32 PM, Wanderer said:

A touch of frustration creeping in. 

Can't help as I never drink at home so do not buy from retailers. 

Reads like it's not a beer that's needed: it's a couple of tea, a Bex and a lie down.

• 10 months later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, Hamosity said:

Reads like it's not a beer that's needed: it's a couple of tea, a Bex and a lie down.

I am a pub-goer, or when I was a lad what used to be known as an "alehouse wallah". I drink enough when I'm out I don't want more at home. 

Not sure about the couple of tea or Bex but the lie down comes in handy. 

On 9/19/2021 at 7:10 PM, Americanbob said:

To continue the trend of not answering the OP's question -

As an older gent (99yo), I do wish there were a beer that was both low in calories (have to watch my girlish figure) and low in alcohol. I would settle for low in alcohol. Reason being - I enjoy drinking with friends late into the night, but find that after my third pint I need to return soonly home to my crypt. Any more than 3 pints - and I am not moving from my lair for 24hr of rapid pulse, death-and-guilt-feelings, and general unease.

A 2% beer would be perfect, and without the sugar.. Granted, this may reside only in the realm of Star Trek - but it would allow me to drink twice or 3x as long, increase the amount of baht the bars take, and I could get my buzz going and keep it there, rather than burning out too quickly, or sharing all of my best friends (and my own) secrets to anyone that will listen.

To the OP - I know nothing about Tiger light, but can ensure that drinking a pint of your bartenders warm foamy piss would be more preferable to your palette than a SML.

If you are in Pattaya, Witherspoons have San Mig Zero with 3% abv, zero sugar, 60 calories. 75 baht a bottle. 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:40 AM, Nivram said:

50 % In Phuket

50 % In Nongkhai

Makro in Pattaya have (or used to have) San Mig Zero as described above. 

Possibly Makro in Phuket have it too. 

• 4 weeks later...