News Forum - Nakhon Si Thammarat prison sealed off as infections climb

Thaiger

22 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Prison is sealed? 

Yes, they sealed it after the virus got in. Apparently has its own cell with the bars on the door very very close together 😉

14 hours ago, Fluke said:

The virus would have arrived at the prison by other means , an infected new prisoner , a delivery driver , an infected prison guard , there are numerous ways that the virus could have entered the jail 

Funny thing is the news did not mention anything about the "host" that got the inmates infected and any news to start investigation and contact tracing. Extensive tracking of potential infections is not a strength of Thailand covid team anyway, which leads to the low testing numbers and higher positive test outcome rates. 

53 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Extensive tracking of potential infections is not a strength of Thailand covid team anyway, 

Actually the reverse is true it's one of the things they've excelled at, generally speaking.

(and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

13 hours ago, Soidog said:

Well, in any developed society, yes you would expect that. It’s called honesty!  I think that was the point about @Griff1315 comment. Maybe it was lost in translation. The point as you rightly state is that is was brought in from outside. Again that was the point being made. How did the authorities allow this to happen. Surely they test prison officers (most likely not!). Surely they keep visitors segregated or stopped from visiting (most likely not!). Surely they would announce actual figures for inmates and prison officials (as you say, saving face so most likely not!). 

I think you, and others, may well be judging Thai prisons by western standards, and expecting the prison staff to have the same sort of "interaction" with prisoners when they don't.

In this prison, for example, there are 2,315 prisoners but only 61 staff.

That's 20 or less on duty on a shift at any time - one to well over a hundred.

The vast amount of "interaction" that would be done by staff in the west is by trustees.

3 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Funny thing is the news did not mention anything about the "host" that got the inmates infected and any news to start investigation and contact tracing. Extensive tracking of potential infections is not a strength of Thailand covid team anyway, which leads to the low testing numbers and higher positive test outcome rates. 

I have heard from sources that it may have been a secret tunnel , I think that that secret tunnel needs to be looked into 

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I have heard from sources that it may have been a secret tunnel , I think that that secret tunnel needs to be looked into 

What am I looking for? 🤔

Unknown.jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A prison in Nakhon Si Thammarat that earlier in the week announced it had a Covid outbreak,

Covid had escaped the prison, and there is now a hunt in the surrounding community for Covid. All locals are told to stay indoors and keep all doors and windows locked in case Covid tries to break in.

Listen up, ladies and gentlemen. Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles an hour and that gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is COVID19 . Go get him.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 12:48 PM, Fluke said:

Yes, they say that 

Do you believe the prison  authorities ?

Think about it , are the pinion guards immune to the virus ?

Many inmates catching the virus and none of the guards caught the virus ?

So, how did the virus get into the prison then ?

I think a person from outside the jail took it into the jail .

Are you sticking with the "Virus jumping over the wall" theory ?

ok, visitors,guards, external stuff, or on a product that got delivered ...( virus can stick on any surface and be infective for a long time ) i guess visitors or stuff they bring...cause a test is costly only free if really sic...so thousands of undedected all around the place......many ways really...