News Forum - Nakhon Si Thammarat prison sealed off as infections climb

Thaiger

A prison in Nakhon Si Thammarat that earlier in the week announced it had a Covid outbreak, has been sealed off after over 100 infections were discovered among inmates, says Governor Kraisorn Wisitwong. The Correctional Institute for Young Offenders, which, despite its name houses many prisoners over the age of 60, has announced that 130 more infections have been found. Currently, over half of the prison’s population, 1,325 out of 2,315 people, has tested positive for Covid. Kraisorn has ordered a field hospital to be built inside the prison to treat patients who have mild symptoms. None of the 61 […]

The post Nakhon Si Thammarat prison sealed off as infections climb appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Again no prison officers are infected. No visits are being allowed surely they screen any new prisoners arriving for Covid. Must be the wall leaping covid variant to blame again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Again no prison officers are infected. No visits are being allowed surely they screen any new prisoners arriving for Covid. Must be the wall leaping covid variant to blame again.

How do you know that no prison officers were infected ?

13 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Simple English really. From the article  "over 100 infections were discovered among inmates". Now  find the definition of inmates and that may give you the clue as to why @Griff1315 stated no prison officers were infected 😆

20 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Maybe the (γ) gamma variant going through walls.

27 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

The virus would have arrived at the prison by other means , an infected new prisoner , a delivery driver , an infected prison guard , there are numerous ways that the virus could have entered the jail 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The virus would have arrived at the prison by other means , an infected new prisoner , a delivery driver , an infected prison guard , there are numerous ways that the virus could have entered the jail 

now the cramped inhuman prison conditions are  falling back to thai society...an endless loop...

1.)infected  2.) at the best develope antibody's and survive it  3.) long covid ( open end ) officially recovered in real a broken down body and mind half of what he was capable before 4.) antibody's fade in 3 to 6 month so a new infection can and will happen...

repeat..with vaccine spare 2.) only maybe ( there are people who dont develope antibody's)... spare 3 ) also maybe cause in Israel now thousands in ICU  with two shots of pfitzer  because of maybe 4.)

a lot of maybes

what helps to stop the spread is distance only ( a logic ) ..now add cramped prison condition, too few tests, the general level of corruption etc..to the thai equation and u know where thailand is heading with covid...

believing in sandbox...sinovac...and  tourist industry dreams and plans is like believing in a fairy tale...

conclude: LOS is definitely done the next 50 years..the FUTURE.at best a self sufficient agricultural society see medivial asia / europe...a king rules from far away..( from nice switzerland ) .the masses drowned in pandemics of many kinds and the repeatedly occuring  famines ( when climate change show his ugly face )

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Food tossed over the wall, delivered by a drone, brought in with the linens, wait it is an airborne virus is it not....hmmmm

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Simple English really. From the article  "over 100 infections were discovered among inmates". Now  find the definition of inmates and that may give you the clue as to why @Griff1315 stated no prison officers were infected 😆

Thanks gummy. There is however another clue in a passage from the article....

None of the 61 officials who work at the prison has tested positive and all officials are routinely tested. 

It's all there to be read 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Griff1315 said:

None of the 61 officials who work at the prison has tested positive and all officials are routinely tested. 

Yes it never ceases to amaze me how some people just jump in to question a post so they appear a smart arse yet never take the bother of  reading the article properly, assuming of course they can read and/or not suffering from mental issues as another thread discusses.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yes it never ceases to amaze me how some people just jump in to question a post so they appear a smart arse yet never take the bother of  reading the article properly,

Mostly the same people, again and again.  They think first then respond, instead of reading first, then thinking, then respond.

5 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Yes, they say that 

6 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Do you believe the prison  authorities ?

Think about it , are the pinion guards immune to the virus ?

Many inmates catching the virus and none of the guards caught the virus ?

So, how did the virus get into the prison then ?

I think a person from outside the jail took it into the jail .

Are you sticking with the "Virus jumping over the wall" theory ?

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I was asking you whether you believe everything the authorities tell you .

Its not uncommon for some people to lie to save face and to deny everything .

Would you expect the prison authorities to say "Yes, our prison has had a Covid outbreak and the virus was bought into the jail by an infected prison officer"

Of course they wouldnt , they would say it was nt them responsible 

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Would you expect the prison authorities to say "Yes, our prison has had a Covid outbreak and the virus was bought into the jail by an infected prison officer"

Up to you to come up with your own theories rather then misreading a quoted Thaiger article.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Agreed. If mobile phones and bags of drugs can get in then Covid can. Last time I checked a Mobile phone was much bigger than the Covid virus 😉

• Like 1

Just now, gummy said:

Up to you to come up with your own theories rather then misreading a quoted Thaiger article.

I have already stated my theories as to how the virus got into the jail and I was asking his theory , my theory is that an infected person took the virus into the jail , his theory was that the virus jumped over the prison wall . 

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Perhaps I should have included PSX_20210910_113223.thumb.jpg.aa873f3a11b30a6a72c06e09477f3d07.jpg

The wall leaping covid was in way of a joke good or bad. Sorry if you missed that one too.

As for believing Thai authorities about anything of course not that was really the point of my whole post.

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Well, in any developed society, yes you would expect that. It’s called honesty!  I think that was the point about @Griff1315 comment. Maybe it was lost in translation. The point as you rightly state is that is was brought in from outside. Again that was the point being made. How did the authorities allow this to happen. Surely they test prison officers (most likely not!). Surely they keep visitors segregated or stopped from visiting (most likely not!). Surely they would announce actual figures for inmates and prison officials (as you say, saving face so most likely not!). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Perhaps I should have included PSX_20210910_113223.thumb.jpg.aa873f3a11b30a6a72c06e09477f3d07.jpg

The wall leaping covid was in way of a joke good or bad. Sorry if you missed that one too.

As for believing Thai authorities about anything of course not that was really the point of my whole post.

You beat me to it 😂  I think we forget sarcasm is not understood by everyone 😜

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

When you do sarcasm on the internet , the usual way to show that you are being sarcastic is to do a "r-s" at the end of your post or to use an emoji 

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

When you do sarcasm on the internet , the usual way to show that you are being sarcastic is to do a "r-s" at the end of your post or to use an emoji 

What’s the internet standard emoji for sarcasm? r-s!

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

I should be whipped and stoned sorry to have upset you.

😥😥😥

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gummy said:

He was being sarcastic and he didnt believe that story about no prison  guards being infected either 

39 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Agreed. If mobile phones and bags of drugs can get in then Covid can. Last time I checked a Mobile phone was much bigger than the Covid virus 😉

If prisoners buy there own comforts in the correctional facilities then I’m sure they can get a bonus or to.