News Forum - Kalasin man allegedly robs convenience store and then a gold shop the next day before being arrested

Thaiger

A man in the northeastern Thai province of Kalasin allegedly went on a short-lived crime spree over the weekend. On Friday, the man allegedly robbed a convenience store and got 30,000 baht for his troubles. Then, on Saturday, the man allegedly robbed a gold shop. Police arrested the man yesterday as he exited the gold shop, but they found only methamphetamine pills on him and no gold. 27 year old Detnarong Wannasang was arrested yesterday outside the Yaowarat gold shop in the Nakhu district. Police searched Detnarong and discovered 19 methamphetamine pills on his person. A few hours prior, police […]

The post Kalasin man allegedly robs convenience store and then a gold shop the next day before being arrested appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

44 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the man allegedly robbed a gold shop. Police arrested the man yesterday as he exited the gold shop, but they found only methamphetamine pills on him and no gold.

No, he didn't.

If he had robbed the gold shop, he would have had gold with him.  He attempted to rob the gold shop and failed.

• Like 3

I think there would be a noticeable rise in theft during the pandemic, in part brought on by businesses closing up because of lockdowns or lack of customers. People on low incomes or no incomes are really hurting because of this pandemic. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think there would be a noticeable rise in theft during the pandemic, in part brought on by businesses closing up because of lockdowns or lack of customers. People on low incomes or no incomes are really hurting because of this pandemic. 

See it every day on the news here! Some dimwit stealing and looking straight at the cctv camera, or leaving their ID card or phone at the scene, then found later at their mums house!  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

See it every day on the news here! Some dimwit stealing and looking straight at the cctv camera, or leaving their ID card or phone at the scene, then found later at their mums house!  

It's one of the things I am most amazed about here. Many shops here are so badly secured, yet nearly nothing happens. Even with all this misery now, most people seem to have a working moral compass 

I read a while ago that someone took a bottle of disinfectant gel from a shop without shop front. The owner then went to buy a rope to span across the shop front for security. I made me smile and my friends in Europe said "if you did that there, the only thing left the next morning would be the rope"!

• Haha 1