News Forum - CCSA announces vaccination goals for October; 50% inoculated

Thaiger

Today the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration released a statement outlining the vaccination goals for Thailand in October in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. Some of their list items seem to contradict each other, with the CCSA vaccination plan calling to inoculate people 50% and then 70% and then “fully”. The main intention of Thailand’s vaccine efforts is to vaccinate at least 50% of the population in each province. Under this goal, the CCSA lists the aim to cover at least 70% of the people in each amphur, though if each of the divisions that make up a province […]

The post CCSA announces vaccination goals for October; 50% inoculated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The CCSA also described a plan for Covid-Free Areas, regions within each amphur where the residents of the area are 80% vaccinated or more, reducing the risk of outbreaks and severe infections."

Well that counts Phuket out of being a 'covid free area'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1) for delta 50 or 70% is insufficient to keep the R rate at bay. 85% is the minimum, and of the total population, not only the adults!

2) even if an area is 85% vaccinated (so BOTH jabs and minimum 14 days after the second jab) what are they going to do? Put a fence around it? Because as soon as someone leaves or enters the safeguard is broken.

All these plans are invented by morons to see if they can fool the public into a false sense if security. And when it goes wrong, nobody takes responsibility.

1 October - 15 October - 120 days - covid or no covid - who said that? - I never said that...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If they pushed for proper vaccines like Pfizer or Moderna, take the ego mongers out of play and put the pedal to the metal, then they might be able to hit that %. I would think even if they offered a Sinopharm with a Pfizer jab it is reachable as the people will go for those 2. It is their fault and only their fault alone based on their criteria. Would really love to write what I think but just cannot go there.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Today the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration released a statement outlining the vaccination goals for Thailand in October in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. Some of their list items seem to contradict each other, with the CCSA vaccination plan calling to inoculate people 50% and then 70% and then “fully”. The main intention of Thailand’s vaccine efforts is to vaccinate at least 50% of the population in each province. Under this goal, the CCSA lists the aim to cover at least 70% of the people in each amphur, though if each of the divisions that make up a province […]

The post CCSA announces vaccination goals for October; 50% inoculated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Author should learn the difference between vaccinated and inoculated 

• Angry 1

A number of off topic posts and replies have been removed.
A number of posts breaching Forum Guidelines have also been removed including the replies to them.

Please stay on topic and adhere to the FG's.

Alright, back on topic.

So the goal should be minimum 85% which at the current rate will be after middle next year. Even with millions of first doses of Sinovac (oops I said Sinovac again, but that's it, as saying it appears to have the same effect as "Beetlejuice" and "Candyman" so I won't say it 3 times!).

And in the meantime? Every day a few mindless plans to re-open and spread Delta as much as possible?

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Alright, back on topic.

So the goal should be minimum 85% which at the current rate will be after middle next year. Even with millions of first doses of Sinovac (oops I said Sinovac again, but that's it, as saying it appears to have the same effect as "Beetlejuice" and "Candyman" so I won't say it 3 times!).

And in the meantime? Every day a few mindless plans to re-open and spread Delta as much as possible?

Using the Sinovac is directly where the problem is at and why the people will not jab and so they will never reach that 50% level. All I know is from what I hear from my family who is talking from their friends and so on down the line and from what they reading in Social Media, and the fact is they cannot force the people to jab Sinovac unless they hold them down screaming. It looks like a severe crime against Thai people's wishes if you think about it. So with proper vaccines I do not see any problem for reaching an 80% or higher level.

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Using the Sinovac is directly where the problem is at and why the people will not jab and so they will never reach that 50% level. All I know is from what I hear from my family who is talking from their friends and so on down the line and from what they reading in Social Media, and the fact is they cannot force the people to jab Sinovac unless they hold them down screaming. It looks like a severe crime against Thai people's wishes if you think about it. So with proper vaccines I do not see any problem for reaching an 80% or higher level.

Why do the Thais dislike the Sinovac so much?

• Haha 1

AZ is getting a very bad rep on Thai LINE groups also.  The latest being the death of a woman thru blood clots after her 3rd shot!   It was assumed she'd had 3 x AZ, but it may well prove to have been 2 of Sinovac.  Full details or a source were not offered which simply adds to the anti-vax attitude of social media devotees.

• Like 1

The prohibitions and restrictions of access to facilities will encourage people to have inoculations. Once people see their friend or family or neighbour or favourite soap star die of COVID then they will ask for inoculation.

2 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

AZ is getting a very bad rep on Thai LINE groups also.  The latest being the death of a woman thru blood clots after her 3rd shot!   It was assumed she'd had 3 x AZ, but it may well prove to have been 2 of Sinovac.  Full details or a source were not offered which simply adds to the anti-vax attitude of social media devotees.

1 minute ago, Alexg2 said:

The prohibitions and restrictions of access to facilities will encourage people to have inoculations. Once people see their friend or family or neighbour or favourite soap star die of COVID then they will ask for inoculation.

It's a sad situation that nobody can trust any single report anymore. It seems we have 8 billion people, with 8 billion different versions of the truth.

But if people would look away from their phone or pc screen, perhaps they would see that we have a major disaster happening for which science has quickly found a way to survive.

We just need some time to get protected before everyone goes about their business again. The delays are not the fault of the people that are still waiting for their jabs...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

That should be easy to find out:

In case she was under 60 and got her 3 jab, she has to be in the early groups of 2 Sinovac. That are , at least here in Phuket, the only ones, getting the 3. already (afaik)

Because the over 60 did get there jab later, only AZ, b/c AZ was not available till June, I think

And they are just not long enough away, from the sec. Jab, yet, because they just got em last month.

Edited by Guest1

Listening to Thai people the general consences is that Chinese vaccines are not effective and a waste of time, due to blood clotting they aren't keen on AZ so that leaves Pfizer, Moderna, J & J and the Russian vaccine. The reason why Thai leaders are so keen on Chinese vaccines is obvious, sadly it is monetary driven rather than what is best for society etc but that seems to be the Thai way. Personal financial gain including brown paper bags which the Chinese are quite comfortable with take precedense in Thailand so which option would you go for if you were heirarcy in the LOS??

So much potential but the level of corruption will always prevent Thailand from moving out of a developing nation status and giving the people a better standard of living. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zool said:

I will tell you directly from what my family tells me and from what they talk about with their friends and so on.

Don't trust it as it doesn't protect against Delta and they know about the other vaccines that are top level that they can't have. They have read about some deaths supposedly related to jabs. Overly expensive and has a certain Thai company invested in it which creates a why and thought on payoff kickbacks, and for this company there is also growing dislike coming about. It is backed and pushed by the government and the ones in charge for whom they do not like which creates another why and thought of payoff kickbacks. And don't like the Chinese government where the virus came from and the more aligning and association that is being pushed growing with them that everyone becoming more aware of.

But, they do know that at least Sinopharm has a better rap and would much be more likely to do a mix with that, but not with AZ as they don't like the dangers they read about it and a few more things that I will not or cannot write about. Fact is the people are increasingly becoming more worried and left without any choices, so they are being forced to jab with product they don't agree with and trust and they do not like that.

So mostly on the same lines as what we foreigners talk about but coming from them intermingling as social media is pushing information content around and they are becoming more aware in our backwards modern world. Thai are becoming not naïve or complacent now and they are able to read efficacy charts and connect the dots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zool said:

Because its proven to have low efficacy and totally ineffective against the Delta variant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Yep. But in all regards they are forming their own opinions and not really anitvax, but opposed to 2 certain vaccines being pushed and no choice. We now have a plan B of flying my family back to the US if something better doesn't come up soon and offered in large numbers. Seems now they are only pushing Pfizer or Moderna for the 12 - 17 year olds and the rest are still subjected to the take the 2 they keep on pushing or hold out. 

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Or because it's Chinese? 🙄

They do a mean sweet and sour at my local Chinese takeaway back in the UK but that's about as far as I trust them. Even then the meat could be from the local strays.

🤪🤪🤪