Where do you recommend for quality Burgers & Beer in Buriram?

JoeUpinBuriram

I've been away and I see there are changes to restaurants in Buriram. Roma Pizza is gone. Parisan Bistro is now a Kebab place. Up a Notch raised prices. Where can you recommend for a quality burger, hopefully serving amber of the Gods, at under 200 baht?  Nang Rong has an amazing place run by a Frenchman, but I am looking for suggestions in Buriram proper. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoeUpinBuriram said:

I've been away and I see there are changes to restaurants in Buriram. Roma Pizza is gone. Parisan Bistro is now a Kebab place. Up a Notch raised prices. Where can you recommend for a quality burger, hopefully serving amber of the Gods, at under 200 baht?  Nang Rong has an amazing place run by a Frenchman, but I am looking for suggestions in Buriram proper. Thanks in advance. 

Hi JoeUpinBuriram,

I'm not sure if London Steak is still going, but I had a great couple of burgers there when I was last in Buriram. It's on Thanon Thani, opposite the Isuzu place. Highly recommended, if you haven't come across it already.

Welcome to the TT community, by the way! If you get a chance, stop by the Introductions thread in the forum. It's a great place to meet members and tell us about yourself. 

All the best,

BigHewer

• Like 2

Thanks. I looked at the London Steak facebook page and some of the Burgers looked ginormous. Like a "shared" hamburger on a plate of food destine to start a medical condition. Surely they must serve normal sizes. I'll check it out. 

45 minutes ago, JoeUpinBuriram said:

Seems to be the thing now. Notched up pricing and cut down on quality ingredients. Bummer all around as I se it. CM certainly also has its challenges going on and coming everyday now. Cheers. 

7 hours ago, JoeUpinBuriram said:

Thanks. I looked at the London Steak facebook page and some of the Burgers looked ginormous. Like a "shared" hamburger on a plate of food destine to start a medical condition. Surely they must serve normal sizes. I'll check it out. 

They’re big all right. If I recall correctly, I remember receiving my double cheeseburger and kind of wishing I’d ordered the standard one. Friendly place, though.

11 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Seems to be the thing now. Notched up pricing and cut down on quality ingredients. Bummer all around as I se it. CM certainly also has its challenges going on and coming everyday now. Cheers. 

Same here in Phuket Im not being sticky, especially in the farang places 

• 3 months later...

London Steak is still going, had a meal there the other night. Cold beers and good food. Also Jimmy's Cafe is open till 4pm atm due to staff shortages. Great breakfasts and coffee. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:17 AM, palooka said:

Are they a beef burger or have a guess burger?

Most burgers in Buriram are sourced from Pattaya.

Looks like beef.

To be fair, pork in Thailand is excellent and I have had several good pork burgers.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Most burgers in Buriram are sourced from Pattaya.

Looks like beef.

To be fair, pork in Thailand is excellent and I have had several good pork burgers.

Agree on the pork but wary of pork imitating beef, has been known to happen, justifies charging more if beef.

• 8 months later...

London Steak has several sizes of beef burgers. One is far too large, but other sizes are delicious and a good value. Burger Sam served single or double burgers and always a great meal. However, the owner had a major health issue and he temporarily closed his restaurant last month. I've enjoyed a few excellent beef burgers at The Paddock Sports Bar. A fairly lively place in the evening. The owner of the Paddock is French. A Dutch expat named Junior now served excellent burgers on a sporadic basis at Junior's, which is very near the Buriram Bus Station. He posts on facebook when he is serving burgers that particular day. I will do an update next month. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I want to add that the beef burgers served by the Dutch proprietor of La Lom Buriram Bar & Restaurant are delicious. The new pool table in this restaurant is yet another reason to enjoy an evening meal at La Lom Buriram. Located near Brian’s Lakeside Cafe.20221016_172609.thumb.jpg.b93083adc18cdc3dbff2c8488a44bc9c.jpg20221016_171423.thumb.jpg.1ec0c8ae8c400bb9dd65d920afb6f339.jpg

Edited by Stephe
  • Like 2