Tourist Visa

Ellenrocr

Hello Community,

My wish is to travel to Thailand in October 2021; I have had the two vaccinations and can be ready to travel as soon as the visa is available.

I have held off visiting Thailand, because there has been no firm commitment by the authorities, to say when the country will be open. 1st or 15th October or when, January 2022 perhaps?

Does anyone know for sure that by visiting Pattaya in October and completing the 14 day quarantine, will I be able to travel north to Kamphaeng Phet 62000, based upon the current restrictions?

There does not seem to be any information that I can rely on.

Any help will be useful.

Thandks E

• Like 1

All I can tell you is we are out of our Bangkok quarantine this Sunday morning. We are double vaxxed as well.

We fly to Udon Thani, then drive to Bueng Kan. We must stay at my In-Laws house 14 days in a row, overseen by a local official that will be meeting with us when we get there. Freedom yes, restrictions, yes. 

Not sure that helps, based on where you are going.

• Like 2

Hi Ellenrocr and welcome to Thaiger Talk.

Unfortunately news reports are unclear and contradictory at the moment.

Whether Pattaya will be open to visitors as in the current Sandbox scheme is very debateable.
Oct 1st, 15th, 30th, have all been quoted by various sources for the Country to reopen by Government officials, then local Governors have stated impossible.

Fortunately your TV is valid to enter Thailand for 3 months.
Just keeping checking the news, hopefully by mid Oct there may be some agreement and confirmation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ellenrocr said:

There does not seem to be any information that I can rely on.

Welcome to the club. Reliable information right now is a scarce commodity. Currently, there are three "guaranteed" ways to enter Thailand: AQ, Phuket Sandbox and Samui Plus (soon to be the Samui Sandbox). Pattaya, most recently, has been touted as a 7+7 secondary destination, but not confirmed. If you're waiting for Pattaya to open as a sandbox on its own, you could be in for a very long wait.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome. BKK and its surrounding area hold little interest for me. Kamphaeng Phet and its history, is where the story is. I just need to know that I can arrive do the lockdown or not and then leave the area for the peace of the countryside. Without a firm commitment from the politicians Thailand will slip further into the red. So we all wait.

12 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

I just need to know that I can arrive do the lockdown or not and then leave the area for the peace of the countryside.

The answer, right now, is yes. Just not in Pattaya.

I started planning my next-month trip about 5 months ago. I booked flights, those were canceled. I booked other flights, those were canceled and rebooked but the routing wasn't the best so... I rebooked again. It's still not exactly how I would want to go so I'll probably change them once more for the return leg. I've got my hotel booked in Phuket and my visa in hand, for now, that's all I care about. The rules will change over the next few weeks so my follow on plans will just have to wait. I'm hoping to do a driving trip to the north after I clear Phuket but, if that doesn't work, no problem. Plans B through whatever don't seem too bad either.

• Like 1