News Forum - No “October reopening” plan has been approved – CCSA

Thaiger

While there have been numerous reports on the proposed October 1 reopening date for 5 provinces, many quoting the tourism minister, a spokesperson for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration says nothing has been approved. No date on the potential reopening was announced.  Natapanu Nopakun, who gives the CCSA report in English, says the current measures for a 14-day quarantine in the 5 provinces in question still remain for the international arrivals. Phuket and Koh Samui are the only areas that have waived the mandatory 14-day quarantine for vaccinated travellers entering Thailand from overseas. The two islands reopened under “sandbox” pilot […]

The post No “October reopening” plan has been approved – CCSA appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The spokesperson added that there will be a general CCSA meeting on the coming weeks to discuss “sandbox” schemes with the possibility of including Bangkok and 4 other provinces in the future.

Well there you have it: "In the future"....

• Like 1

Just now, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Well there you have it: "In the future"....

Well, it only took them 19 months to learn not to set a date and then have to postpone time and time again.

If only solving the actual problem was that quick and easy 🥴

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

While there have been numerous reports on the proposed October 1 reopening date for 5 provinces, many quoting the tourism minister, a spokesperson for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration says nothing has been approved.

So all the reports so far have been Fake News? …. 

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha coordinates a more centralized response to the pandemic together with public health authorities through the CCSA. Under its structure, all offices and centres under the CCSA report directly to the Prime Minister for prompt updates and command. He also Chairs the CCSA.

This Fake News now needs to be investigated to the fullest by the government watch dogs! Obviously these reports are frightening some people.

or is the Health Minister that far removed from the political loop.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/public-health-ministry-defends-october-1-reopening

• Like 1

I am having trouble understanding all these Sandbox proposals.

I can understand Phuket and KS, because being islands it is possible to cut off access to these places and do health screening. Of course that does not seem to have worked very well in either case, but how are you going to screen out people entering BKK, Pattaya etc?

If the route is a vax threshold of say 70% of locals, bearing in mind the lack of efficacy of Sinovax, which is the most widely used, you might as well give them sticking plasters for all the likely protection this will afford.

• Like 1

Anutin, says "It has not been discussed" and "No one told me about that, he said". While Tourism minister Phipat has said October 1st, and then the 15th of October for Bangkok.  However, you have Bangkok's Governor Aswin who said on Friday that Thailand’s capital will not reopen to fully vaccinated and COVID-19 negative international arrivals, without a quarantine requirement, on October 15th, as announced by Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn on Wednesday (September 15th). Who the hell is running the show and why can they not get together and have one freaking spokesperson.  So many of these Adam Henry's always just open mouth and insert foot and then deny, deny, deny.  Thailand the Hub of Hot Air.......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snotkop said:

I just want to visit Thailand and not quarantine...and why must we do 3 test and pay for it.....Thailand should give it free...ive been vaccinated...

I've just recently returned from Colombia. I have the EU digital vax passport. There is no longer a PCR requirement to enter Colombia. However, I needed one to board the flight because I was changing at AMS, and again for the return home. Vaxxing does not guarantee safety from infection. On the very first flight into Phuket on the Sandbox scheme, one person who had taken a PCR test before flying and was vaxxed, was found to be infected following his test on arrival at Phuket.

I am not sure of the exact figure, but there have already been dozens of cases of infections detected in arrivals at Phuket, and in every case, they were vaxxed and posted negative on their pre-flight PCR test. As far as that part of your question is concerned, proof of vaccine does not mean that you are immune from infection. As far as testing is concerned why do you think TH should pay for this? 

Just in case you are unaware, if you did decide to visit, regardless of your vax status and PCR tests, I believe you are currently required to do 14 days in quarantine if you go anywhere other than KS or Phuket. I can't really understand why unless it was a matter of necessity, that anyone would want to go to TH at present.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

As soon as I see "why" and "they should" I move along. 

As in  'What they should do.........?' I concur mate' I'm off like a shot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Americanbob said:

Well that sucks, I've been swimming for weeks and am already over halfway there. ;(

You must have one hell of a phone then to be able to post this 😁

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I've just recently returned from Colombia. I have the EU digital vax passport. There is no longer a PCR requirement to enter Colombia. However, I needed one to board the flight because I was changing at AMS, and again for the return home. Vaxxing does not guarantee safety from infection. On the very first flight into Phuket on the Sandbox scheme, one person who had taken a PCR test before flying and was vaxxed, was found to be infected following his test on arrival at Phuket.

I am not sure of the exact figure, but there have already been dozens of cases of infections detected in arrivals at Phuket, and in every case, they were vaxxed and posted negative on their pre-flight PCR test. As far as that part of your question is concerned, proof of vaccine does not mean that you are immune from infection. As far as testing is concerned why do you think TH should pay for this? 

Just in case you are unaware, if you did decide to visit, regardless of your vax status and PCR tests, I believe you are currently required to do 14 days in quarantine if you go anywhere other than KS or Phuket. I can't really understand why unless it was a matter of necessity, that anyone would want to go to TH at present.

That is why many of us are not going yet.

Having the vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus, it just makes the symptoms less severe, we as vaccinated people can still pass the virus onto other people.

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Snotkop said:

I just want to visit Thailand and not quarantine...and why must we do 3 test and pay for it.....Thailand should give it free...ive been vaccinated...

As long as your nose drips it's too likely that you carry a virus, so just pay for the PCR yourself 😉

I think if for vaccinated people from anywhere should have no quarantine that’s why people don’t want to come back until quarantine changes my opinion thanks mick from holland 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

they were vaxxed and posted negative

Gimme a sheet of cardstock, some printable labels, and a pdf editor and I could be vaxxed, negative, and King of the World in about 15 minutes.

Just now, JamesE said:

Gimme a sheet of cardstock, some printable labels, and a pdf editor and I could be vaxxed, negative, and King of the World in about 15 minutes.

King James 

Can you change your username here?

5 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I can't really understand why unless it was a matter of necessity, that anyone would want to go to TH at present.

There are many motivations to travel, and many prices to pay (as your recent travelogs confirm). Some people might be interested to see what Phuket is like without 10K plus new arrivals a day. Some people might want to visit Chinatown when the streets aren't jammed with tour buses. Some people might want to visit popular temples when they're empty enough to serve the purpose for which they were built. There's a lot of different people out there with a lot of different motivations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Thank you...3 times covid 19 test is to expensive for me....and why must I stay where they tell me to stay...anyway I'll wait for next year Sept I'll see the situation in Thailand then...but not now...thanks hay....

37 minutes ago, JamesE said:

So are you saying that Phuket's "Patient Zero Sandboxer" entered under false credentials? A more likely explanation is that he was in fact vaxxed with Sinovax, and the efficacy of that ranks alongside a chocolate fireguard for protection.

BTW, how does your system get around the need for a QR code that most vax passports and PCR tests are supplied with? I'd guess that if you tested positive after producing a faked QR code, you'd be doing your isolation in a Thai Prison.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JamesE said:

There are many motivations to travel, and many prices to pay (as your recent travelogs confirm). Some people might be interested to see what Phuket is like without 10K plus new arrivals a day. Some people might want to visit Chinatown when the streets aren't jammed with tour buses. Some people might want to visit popular temples when they're empty enough to serve the purpose for which they were built. There's a lot of different people out there with a lot of different motivations.

What a great idea! I would really love to visit Chinatown and see all those shuttered shops.

• Like 1