News Forum - Public Health Ministry defends October 1 reopening

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Just wait for the moment everything opens up. Then you'll see who still cares. The only reason Covid is so scary, is the media reporting it. 

If I would believe the news, I'd crawl under my bed with a baseball bat, being afraid of literally everything. 

If the news was right, I'd have had covid 20x already and died 25x of it. Apart from a mask, I didn't do anything to prevent getting Covid. 

Have you watched the news? Haven't you seen how many of their claims have been debunked (before by "conspiracy theorists" ) but nowadays actually by themselves. And everyone is acting like it's just fine.

Look at people who got better from Covid thanks to certain medicines. They say these people are terrible for taking medicines that make them feel better. Literally. 

They are not like, hey! Wow! We have solved this pandemic now! 

No, instead they are telling reasons why you shouldn't take it and ridicule it. 

Also,no one is teaching people how to keep your immune system up to date. That's literally the most important thing here, and nobody talks about it. 

You need to lay off the social media channels and read some scientific research. Or visit a hospital or two.

You can maybe fool a group of people into believing a fable, but you can not convince virtually the whole population of this planet, unless there really is a problem.

5m dead and hundreds ift millions affected. Not enough for you?

You want to pretend nothing is wrong and have a gamble on what happens if we just put our fingers in our ears and shout "lalalalala".

And here's me thinking it couldn't get any crazier 🥴

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You need to lay off the social media channels and read some scientific research. Or visit a hospital or two.

You can maybe fool a group of people into believing a fable, but you can not convince virtually the whole population of this planet, unless there really is a problem.

5m dead and hundreds ift millions affected. Not enough for you?

You want to pretend nothing is wrong and have a gamble on what happens if we just put our fingers in our ears and shout "lalalalala".

And here's me thinking it couldn't get any crazier 🥴

It has been proven the media have lied in the past. Not by anyone but themselves. 

Just grab any randon Covid news article, and compare it to some article now. 

When people said it was all lies, they claimed that those people were conspiracy theorists. And a little while later the article says the same as what 'conspiracy theorists' were saying. 

You can easily figure out when they talk about 'experts' and rarely name any of them. Then people go: Oh wow, amazing! Real experts telling us the complete truth! You almost wonder why they stay anonymous, because they have the truth, they have a chance to achieve something in their career!

But if you take a look at the other group of doctors I mentioned in another post, they always have good arguments, back it up, give other doctors credit where needed, and they are never anonymous. There are always names involved. 

Experts from the news never will get called by their name. And if they do, sooner or later it'll be clear they were bullsh*tting on an important piece of information or another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

I wonder what would happen if everyone just opened up their stores and not listen anymore. What are they going to do? Put everyone in jail? 

That's a Covid sentence in itself

😉😉😉

Apart from a mask, I didn't do anything to prevent getting Covid.

Maybe fortunately for you, other people did do more, and forced you to do more than just wear a mask. I’m sorry, but the reason this pandemic is still killing 8,000-10,000 a day worldwide is due to the same attitude. 

As for other comments about the media telling lies last year and comparing what they say now. These were not lies. They were media reports based on what we knew of the virus at that time. Since then we have learned many things about it. I wonder how many of the people who have been spreading lies about this being just a “bit of flu” who have now gone on to die would retract their comments if they could?  We have also developed tried and scientifically tested new treatments, not the risky self medication some people engage in. This isn’t some large conspiracy to fool the world by anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

As for other comments about the media telling lies last year and comparing what they say now. These were not lies. They were media reports based on what we knew of the virus at that time. Since then we have learned many things about it. 

You're right there in some sense, but what does that say about them ridiculing people who had figured that out before the media did? 

People have their whole lives ruined because they said something. People went after them because they were 'conspiracy theorists'. 

And now their viewpoints are more mainstream, no one is being honest and say they were wrong back then. 

I call it lies because of these cases. If some random person had figured these things with common sense, and the media and the governments with their rules couldn't.... Then there's something totally wrong. 

Fun fact about me tho, is that my immune system is not very good. So if I've had Covid, I would definitely have known I've got it. I've been living like I always have done, and funny thing is that I've never been such a long time without getting sick. Not even a cold! 

I do get lowkey sick though (not completely), each time I come back from outside after staying home a long time. That's where I figured that most people just get even weaker from these restrictions. And that's where Covid catches people. 

• Like 2

If you are vaccinated the risk of serious lilness is manageable. The overmanagement and restrictions are a big problem. Lets all get vaccinated and go back to normal. Sure you could get a breakthrough infection, but these have been manageable. Everyone needs to get on with their lives.

BTW I walked through the food court at Big C a couple of days ago and many of the vendors had closed shop. It's sad that people don't have work.

You're right there in some sense, but what does that say about them ridiculing people who had figured that out before the media did? 

People have their whole lives ruined because they said something. People went after them because they were 'conspiracy theorists'. 

And now their viewpoints are more mainstream, no one is being honest and say they were wrong back then. 

I call it lies because of these cases. If some random person had figured these things with common sense, and the media and the governments with their rules couldn't.... Then there's something totally wrong. 

Fun fact about me tho, is that my immune system is not very good. So if I've had Covid, I would definitely have known I've got it. I've been living like I always have done, and funny thing is that I've never been such a long time without getting sick. Not even a cold! 

I do get lowkey sick though (not completely), each time I come back from outside after staying home a long time. That's where I figured that most people just get even weaker from these restrictions. And that's where Covid catches people. 

You raise some good points. Can you give an example or two of where the media got it wrong and where other people worked it out before the media? 

You also raise a particular point regarding our risks of other viruses having a bigger impact, particularly flu this winter. Authorities are clearly worried that the normal amount of people failed to catch flu last year and have low resistance to the latest strains. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

BTW I walked through the food court at Big C a couple of days ago and many of the vendors had closed shop. It's sad that people don't have work.

Yea I agree. I’m a firm believer in lockdowns buying time until you can vaccinate. But there is clearly a significant downside to people. It’s a hell of a balancing act and there is no perfect answer. If you have savings or a job that allows you to work from home, then it’s inconvenient being locked down. If you run a shop or food stall, then it’s devastating for you and I’m sure many would prefer to risk Covid. Let’s hope we can all get past this in the next 6-12 months. Life is too short for this, but sadly a lot shorter for 4 million plus! 

• Like 2

You make a lot of sense, @DiJoDavO as does @Soidogin his interactions with you. Why can’t all vaccine-related discussions be just like this?

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You raise some good points. Can you give an example or two of where the media got it wrong and where other people worked it out before the media? 

You also raise a particular point regarding our risks of other viruses having a bigger impact, particularly flu this winter. Authorities are clearly worried that the normal amount of people failed to catch flu last year and have low resistance to the latest strains. 

In the past they said: stay inside. 

Later they said: whoops, most infections happen inside the house. 

In the past they said: It's dangerous to go outside because it can spread over there. 

Later they said: Barely any infection happens in open air. 

I started to get suspicious when those protests happened in the USA and everyone said it wouldn't spread in a protest. On the other hand if you sat on a beach alone, you would be sent home, and if not, then arrested. 

If you said anything about the first news, before they changed it, you would almost be lynched on the internet. 

A bit off topic, but not only about Covid, it's actually not difficult to find it. There was plenty of other news, for example the whole Russia thing. Videos from Syria which were staged. Then they said, whoops, we were wrong. 

And everything is fine. We all are expected to still trust the news. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

In the past they said: stay inside. 

Later they said: whoops, most infections happen inside the house. 

In the past they said: It's dangerous to go outside because it can spread over there. 

Later they said: Barely any infection happens in open air. 

I started to get suspicious when those protests happened in the USA and everyone said it wouldn't spread in a protest. On the other hand if you sat on a beach alone, you would be sent home, and if not, then arrested. 

If you said anything about the first news, before they changed it, you would almost be lynched on the internet. 

A bit off topic, but not only about Covid, it's actually not difficult to find it. There was plenty of other news, for example the whole Russia thing. Videos from Syria which were staged. Then they said, whoops, we were wrong. 

And everything is fine. We all are expected to still trust the news. 

Well I for one don’t believe news channels or newspapers. I do however believe the scientific advice many of them report on. On the specific issue of staying in or going out.  We have to be clear what we mean. Staying at home with your immediate family and not going out is different to having people from different family units mixing indoors. I don’t think any experts have advocated that? Equally going outside for a walk alone is far less risky than being outside at a football game and being inside with a group of people. I think that advice has been consistent?

To your wider point about news. All countries governments to a larger or less extent control media and produce propaganda. In the western democracies, there are enough competing news agencies to ensure any propaganda is challenged. That can’t be said for countries such as China and Russia. So yes, news should always be questioned until they provide evidence and scientific facts, just as information on social media should. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LoongFred said:

If you are vaccinated the risk of serious lilness is manageable. The overmanagement and restrictions are a big problem. Lets all get vaccinated and go back to normal. Sure you could get a breakthrough infection, but these have been manageable. Everyone needs to get on with their lives.

I concur with LoongFred to get vaccinated and move on with live if possible back to normal in the near future with logical cautious easing of restrictions. Step by step I see some high immunization countries opening up. Yes there are surges in new cases  when countries open up but its expected and more importantly is the hospitalization and death rate is kept low. Puting Covid as endemic can be a direction forward. Let's observe how these pioneer countries moving in this direction are doing.

This disease has rampaged people's livelihood enough, causing many to lose their means of survival, financially and mentally. Hiding at home will only slow down the spread as the resilient of this virus is strong. How long can you stay lockdown?