Jump to content

News Forum - Bangkok Governor: NO reopening October 15 despite PM plans


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, AdamX said:

This is an opinion.

There are zero metrics to scientifically prove that masks and lockdowns saved any lives.

That's your opinion, as you say, so you're fully entitled to it but it's factually incorrect like virtually everything else you post - as has been explained to you several times, for example, any lockdown has to be communal so it's not possible for anyone to do so individually. That's self-quarantine, which has a completely different aim and purpose.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 4:55 AM, AdamX said:

This is an opinion.

There are zero metrics to scientifically prove that masks and lockdowns saved any lives. There is a lot of evidence that the shutdown has cost money, misery and death.

 Not that it matters, my opinion is that if you think lockdowns work, lock yourself down forever.

This will guarantee your safety, and give us back our freedom

PS: The reason I say we, is because there  have been hundreds of thousands of people protesting around the world. Here is the latest

Covid-19 Australia: Anti-lockdown protests erupt in Melbourne and Sydney | Daily Mail Online

Its not an opinion. It is proven to you with scientific papers numerous times, but one day later you've conveniently forgotten and pose the same questions again. It's the  tactic to hammer your opinion down people's throat 

You're the man who says that the tiger in the cage isn't dangerous because he hasn't attached anyone. 

And you encourage everyone else to take the risk of opening the cage.

It's insane!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2021 at 5:51 AM, Bob20 said:

Its not an opinion. It is proven to you with scientific papers numerous times, but one day later you've conveniently forgotten and pose the same questions again. It's the tactic to hammer your opinion down people's throat 

You're the man who says that the tiger in the cage isn't dangerous because he hasn't attached anyone. 

And you encourage everyone else to take the risk of opening the cage.

It's insane!

 Im not trying to change your mind, simply providing a counter so that others on  this forum see that there is another point of view. I want these restrictions lifted, and the quickest way to do that is to make people see how silly these rules are.

Returning to your analogy I would like to correct it if I may.

If someone wants to stay in a cage, they are free to do so.

Just don't make anyone else do so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well as per the Phuket Sandbox they have until Midnight 14th October to promulgate it to the “tourists” with the TAT then bringing in the specialist tourists to advertise it further… plenty of time yet. ….. release dates like this sound like picks for fantasy leagues and everyone voicing their pick for game day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aswin is one of the nations true cowards. Despite Bangkok being the epicenter of Covid in Thailand, and despite the fact that the incoming tourists would be the ones taking a huge risk by coming here, he wants to continue to punish, cripple, sabotage and destroy tourism and the local economy. What can one even say? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

That's your opinion, as you say, so you're fully entitled to it but it's factually incorrect like virtually everything else you post - as has been explained to you several times, for example, any lockdown has to be communal so it's not possible for anyone to do so individually. That's self-quarantine, which has a completely different aim and purpose.

Lockdowns work, if they are done correctly. A Prayuth/Anutin style lockdown never has worked. What about the road blacks that were promised? 88 of them, if I remember the top cop creep bragging. If anything or anyplace should have been locked down, it should have been all highways and roads leading OUT of Bangkok. DUH! You don't impose all these sadistic restrictions on the common man, and then avoid taking the simplest and most sensible precautions. 

Prayuth should apologize to the nation. I know I should have closed the canning plants, and I know I shouldn't have warned the construction workers that I would be closing the sites a week in advance, allowing them to travel everywhere around the nation, and contributing dramatically to the 3rd wave. Wow. What a stupid thing I did. And I know, I should have been more diligent with the borders, I should have cracked down on corrupt immigration officials, and kept my promise to fight corruption, and I should have used my army soldiers for something. Anything. I forget there are 550,000 of them. They would have been perfect for controlling the border. And they would have actually been doing something to benefit the people and they would have been protecting the nation, for a change. I also forget that is why we have soldiers. How very dumb of me. It appears I am nowhere near as smart as I think I am. I do realize I should have and could have done better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Lockdowns work, if they are done correctly. A Prayuth/Anutin style lockdown never has worked. What about the road blacks that were promised? 88 of them, if I remember the top cop creep bragging. If anything or anyplace should have been locked down, it should have been all highways and roads leading OUT of Bangkok. DUH! You don't impose all these sadistic restrictions on the common man, and then avoid taking the simplest and most sensible precautions. 

Prayuth should apologize to the nation. I know I should have closed the canning plants, and I know I shouldn't have warned the construction workers that I would be closing the sites a week in advance, allowing them to travel everywhere around the nation, and contributing dramatically to the 3rd wave. Wow. What a stupid thing I did. And I know, I should have been more diligent with the borders, I should have cracked down on corrupt immigration officials, and kept my promise to fight corruption, and I should have used my army soldiers for something. Anything. I forget there are 550,000 of them. They would have been perfect for controlling the border. And they would have actually been doing something to benefit the people and they would have been protecting the nation, for a change. I also forget that is why we have soldiers. How very dumb of me. It appears I am nowhere near as smart as I think I am. I do realize I should have and could have done better. 

But I did make a few Billion Baht  more for myself buying Sinovac 

Edited by Griff1315
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 2:04 PM, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So if he is THAT brave to stand up to the PM, why doesn’t he open Bars and sell alcohol in restaurants in Bangkok ….. now that would be a show of Bravery!

Organised chaos!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Lockdowns work, if they are done correctly.

Just that Thais cannot get it right! As people on here want proof (I will not provide links as the proof is released daily) read the Covid updates.

If they could lockdown correctly then there would be no reported cases from Thai Correctional Facilities!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AdamX said:

I want these restrictions lifted, and the quickest way to do that is to make people see how silly these rules are.

No, the quickest way to get the rules lifted is to make them work.

You're trying to encourage people to do the opposite, which will inevitably just drag them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No, the quickest way to get the rules lifted is to make them work.

You're trying to encourage people to do the opposite, which will inevitably just drag them out.

The quickest way to get released from a cage is to stay in the cage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I like about opinions is that everyone has one, and yet has one opinion ever led to the person who made a statement they opined on to be set upon with such voracity as this entire Covid pandemic? for those that do not understand what a rhetorical question is, well this is one of those that does not need a response, just food for thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody really knows the extent of the devastation here, but it is widespread. A friend of mine is an EMT in Bangkok. She tells us they get called out to homes with suicides very frequently now, and in a few instances entire families! This is all in the past several months, and it was a rare event prior to the shutdowns. You can only ask so much of the poor, low income workers, and you cannot put them out of work, and not give them meaningful assistance. Most have no savings, or safety net. Those actions on the part of the authorities is not only mean spirited, it is sadistic. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Nobody really knows the extent of the devastation here, but it is widespread. A friend of mine is an EMT in Bangkok. She tells us they get called out to homes with suicides very frequently now, and in a few instances entire families! This is all in the past several months, and it was a rare event prior to the shutdowns. You can only ask so much of the poor, low income workers, and you cannot put them out of work, and not give them meaningful assistance. Most have no savings, or safety net. Those actions on the part of the authorities is not only mean spirited, it is sadistic. 

Fair enough, but that isn't a fault of the lockdown, though.

That's a fault in part because there hasn't been a proper lockdown, which would have entitled those affected by it to social security which they otherwise can't get, in part because employers have been allowed to avoid redundancy payments and a minimum monthly wage, and in part because the government hasn't given social security allowances that, with it's reserves, the country can easily afford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Nobody really knows the extent of the devastation here, but it is widespread. A friend of mine is an EMT in Bangkok. She tells us they get called out to homes with suicides very frequently now, and in a few instances entire families! This is all in the past several months, and it was a rare event prior to the shutdowns. You can only ask so much of the poor, low income workers, and you cannot put them out of work, and not give them meaningful assistance. Most have no savings, or safety net. Those actions on the part of the authorities is not only mean spirited, it is sadistic. 

...that's why I don't understand that the emergency aid budget still hasn't all been spent. After it was agreed, it should have gone out without delay to the ones most in need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

...that's why I don't understand that the emergency aid budget still hasn't all been spent. After it was agreed, it should have gone out without delay to the ones most in need.

I think there must be some discussions on which ministers offshore accounts need it most😆

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I think there must be some discussions on which ministers offshore accounts need it most😆

Yes, that immediately crosses the mind. But wouldn't they then say "the kitty is empty" rather than admit that more than a third hasn't been spent yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 9S_ said:

When I was back in the US last year, my family and I went to eat out a nice restaurant. When I had to use the restroom, there was a long line for both the boys and girls restrooms. When I finally got inside the restroom, half of the urinals and stalls were blocked off. I guess you can only get Covid while taking a piss 

So what does this mean? People need space and high density and close proximity and overcrowding is loved by the virus. Cities need to rethink development and expand the space. The old standard of spacing distance needs to be reworked maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is now closed and a large number of posts have been removed as they were off topic .              The topic of the thread was 

        "Bangkok Governor: NO reopening October 15 despite PM plans"

All posts that mention Antivaxx in any shape or form have now been removed as well as replies to those posts.

 

5, Understand that the Forum considers “Facts” to differ from a “Personal Opinion.” Facts may be inferred or quoted. Members are responsible to make sure their Posts are not misleading and do not knowingly share articles, pictures and videos previously identified as Misinformation.

 

6.All text and posted content, must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Post must be accompanied by a personal comment & link (URL) to any source for verification.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use