News Forum - Bangkok Governor: NO reopening October 15 despite PM plans

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I heard you can remove the pencils after your second jab too 😉

I bet your looking forward to doing that. The school children must be a few pencils short at the moment.

• Haha 1

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Those are the huge cotton swabs I would prefer as they are so large they would not even penetrate my sphincter hole. 

Oh. My sorry are those pencils? Don't resemble anything close to USA stuff from before. But if they were cotton swabs...... 

"Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang [said] he has no intention of reopening the capital city on October 15 or on any set date until at least 70% of the Bangkok population has been vaccinated."

He is rational. Vaccination is the key to reopening. However... 70% may not be enough. Singapore has a vaccation rate of 80% yet it is currently battling an outbreak of Covid. It may be that the Delta variant requires 85% or even 90% of the population to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. The virus keeps mutating and pushing back the goal posts for ending the pandemic. I expect that when Bangkok does re-open there will be an outbreak and everything will have to be closed down again. We're living in a whole new world. We're not in Kansas anymore Toto...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang [said] he has no intention of reopening the capital city on October 15 or on any set date until at least 70% of the Bangkok population has been vaccinated."

Though he may want to stay onside with the CCSA chair. Remember Bangkok got every other provinces lot of vaccines. The shoe may end up on the other foot with the rest of the country getting to 70% first in their provinces. Plus The Bangkok Governor may want to learn who in the Thai Government who to trust with regards to COVID19 information. The Tourism and Health Ministers don’t look like they are the people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

"Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang [said] he has no intention of reopening the capital city on October 15 or on any set date until at least 70% of the Bangkok population has been vaccinated."

He is rational. Vaccination is the key to reopening. However... 70% may not be enough. Singapore has a vaccation rate of 80% yet it is currently battling an outbreak of Covid. It may be that the Delta variant requires 85% or even 90% of the population to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. The virus keeps mutating and pushing back the goal posts for ending the pandemic. I expect that when Bangkok does re-open there will be an outbreak and everything will have to be closed down again. We're living in a whole new world. We're not in Kansas anymore Toto...

If you look at the numbers through the country outside of BKK, you can see that the easing of restriction already results in spreading the virus. 

You can take me up on this in about 2-3 weeks, when you will see the number of deaths going up again.

85% is the figure for Delta. But doubtful they will wait until then. Too many people in BKK selfish because they feel safer with the vaccines they received before anyone else, and not caring what happens in the rest of the country.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

It may be that the Delta variant requires 85% or even 90% of the population to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.

Veering off topic, but the consensus in the scientific community seems very much to be that "herd immunity" isn't a possibility any more as the 'r' rate is too high so the aim isn't "herd immunity" any longer and it's seldom even mentioned.

The aim, instead, is simply maximum protection along the lines of the flu jab.

Vaccination is the key to reopening. However... 70% may not be enough. 

"70%" of what, though?

The adult population, so 70% is actually under 50%?

Or include schoolchildren, as now seems to be the intention, but that'll take longer but at least 70% will actually be 70% ... ?

... or is it only registered residents, in which case 70% isn't anywhere near 50% ... ?

• Like 1

I expect that when Bangkok does re-open there will be an outbreak and everything will have to be closed down again.

Now there we're in full agreement.

12 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But in reality he is only Puffing his chest because of upcoming elections and he wants to get his face in all the newspapers and on TV.

The Bangkok governor election is likely to be held by October, says Election Commission (EC) secretary-general Jarungvith Phumma.

"This year is the year of elections," he said. "When the municipality elections [on March 28] are over, the Interior Ministry is expected to wait three months, so we might have the Tambon Administrative Organisation member elections in June.

"Then in September, or anyway by the end of October, there will be elections for Bangkok governor and Pattaya City chief."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2063387/2021-the-year-of-elections

or does he want to keep the city as Dark Red so there won’t be an election.

From the opinions I hear from many Thai people around me, he would do great if he reopens. Especially after all those promises of reopening. Now everything looked as if they will reopen, and then this guy stands in the way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, maybe it was having my pants on my head that gave me away again.

It was the reason I was banned from the massage shop....

• Haha 1

"......a resulting outbreak from the reopening would be disastrous for the city." Someone should tell the Governor there is already a resulting outbreak, since July, and more massive than any international traveler would have imagined/brought on.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, Thaiger said:

As any well-informed reader of the news in Thailand knows, Bangkok will definitely be reopening on October 1. Also, it won’t be. It will be pushed back 2 weeks to October 15, the definitive date of Bangkok’s reopening for sure. Or… not. The Governor of Bangkok avowed today that despite the national government’s ever-changing and lofty plans, Bangkok will NOT be reopening on October 15. Maybe the Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn of 3 days ago is to be believed when he confirmed that the government is sticking to the October 1 re-opening date previously announced by the PM. […]

The post Bangkok Governor: NO reopening October 15 despite PM plans appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's not that I don't care.  It's just that I don't care anymore. 

Those that allow themselves the frivolity to decide if people are allowed to survive are those that have a secure income . And I don't mean the virus, but the misery, poverty and desperation that has been caused by fully useless corona containment measures. The death and destruction caused by these measures will far outweigh anything the virus could have caused. Why does the main stream media not look at countries like Sweden and highlight their relative success. Relative, because they had their share of Covid fatalities, but without hardly any restrictions they managed to be nr 40 on the list of Covid deaths per Million inhabitants. Not a bad result. There are more examples, but they seem to be ignored by our politicians and MSM. I wonder why .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Donald said:

Those that allow themselves the frivolity to decide if people are allowed to survive are those that have a secure income . And I don't mean the virus, but the misery, poverty and desperation that has been caused by fully useless corona containment measures. The death and destruction caused by these measures will far outweigh anything the virus could have caused. Why does the main stream media not look at countries like Sweden and highlight their relative success. Relative, because they had their share of Covid fatalities, but without hardly any restrictions they managed to be nr 40 on the list of Covid deaths per Million inhabitants. Not a bad result. There are more examples, but they seem to be ignored by our politicians and MSM. I wonder why .

I suggest that many people will do what they are allowed to, and many will probably go past the line a bit for good measure.

That's why society has regulations.

The same people that cry "freedom" and bring the virus home that kills a relative, are the first in line to complain that the government was wrong to allow them to do what they did.

More people will be protected from Covid and survive this situation if we hold off opening-up and get the vaccinations done, than would if we open-up recklessly.

It is thát simple.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:10 PM, Bob20 said:

If you look at the numbers through the country outside of BKK, you can see that the easing of restriction already results in spreading the virus. 

You can take me up on this in about 2-3 weeks, when you will see the number of deaths going up again.

85% is the figure for Delta. But doubtful they will wait until then. Too many people in BKK selfish because they feel safer with the vaccines they received before anyone else, and not caring what happens in the rest of the country.

Too many people realise that cases are irrelevant and that deaths are with covid not because of covid.

Vaccines dont prevent transmission

We have been lied to.

They want their freedom back.

The one that dont can lock themselves up

25 minutes ago, Donald said:

The mainstream media are no longer journalists.

They are marketing managers who want to sell adverts and get clicks.

No one trusts them anymore, and they are the enemy of the people.

The evidence is clear from all the censorship and misinformation by omission

• Like 4

On 9/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, Stonker said:

Now there we're in full agreement.

Ive noticed that most pro lockdown foreigners are grumpy low income retirees who have little social life, who have no need for bars, clubs, shops or friends.

Not a judgement, just an observation

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Too many people realise that cases are irrelevant and that deaths are with covid not because of covid.

Vaccines dont prevent transmission

We have been lied to.

They want their freedom back.

The one that dont can lock themselves up

Too cowardly to say "I"?

If people had followed your advice there'd be 10 times more deaths, you've seen all the research but you "believe" otherwise. But beliefs aren't going to get us out of this.

P.S.

As long as far more than 50% of people want to get protected by vaccination and have respected lockdowns and restrictions to protect themselves and you, you are in the minority. And as such you will have to make your case to convince people and are in no position to "dictate" anything.

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Too cowardly to say "I"?

If people had followed your advice there'd be 10 times more deaths, you've seen all the research but you "believe" otherwise. But beliefs aren't going to get us out of this.

This is an opinion.

There are zero metrics to scientifically prove that masks and lockdowns saved any lives. There is a lot of evidence that the shutdown has cost money, misery and death.

Not that it matters, my opinion is that if you think lockdowns work, lock yourself down forever.

This will guarantee your safety, and give us back our freedom

PS: The reason I say we, is because there  have been hundreds of thousands of people protesting around the world. Here is the latest

Covid-19 Australia: Anti-lockdown protests erupt in Melbourne and Sydney | Daily Mail Online

1 hour ago, Donald said:

Why does the main stream media not look at countries like Sweden and highlight their relative success. Relative, because they had their share of Covid fatalities, but without hardly any restrictions they managed to be nr 40 on the list of Covid deaths per Million inhabitants. Not a bad result. There are more examples, but they seem to be ignored by our politicians and MSM. I wonder why .

Because in comparison with countries with similar demographics and population distribution their results aren't "bad" but appalling.

im looking forward to thai getting open.sure miss thai freinds.hope when its open the coe,insurance and locked in a room is also lifted.i keep hearning diff dates but i think nothing is for sure at this time.anyone have any updates?thanks,farang