News Forum - Foreign Minister Don to US for meetings with UN, ASEAN, more

Thaiger

An anonymous source has reported that Thailand’s Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai will be in the United States next week for several high profile meetings. The trip will see Minister Don attending the United Nations General Assembly in Washington DC as well as meetings in New York related to ASEAN matters. Numerous bilateral meetings with US counterparts and Thailand’s friends are planned for the trip, scheduled for September 20 to September 29. The trip is considered significant and crucial to ensuring that Thailand has a voice in global matters that are slated to come before the UN General Assembly during these […]

The post Foreign Minister Don to US for meetings with UN, ASEAN, more appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Several high level meetings?

Then why doesn't the article mention any?

To me, it sounds like a perk of the job trip, with nice lunches, dinners and evening entertainment, interrupted by a couple of quick meetings that will make no difference to anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Several high level meetings?

Yes, his meetings are up the One World Trade Centre. Though he is meeting not very important people.

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Yes, his meetings are up the One World Trade Centre. Though he is meeting not very important people.

Ah, why didn't they do that 20 years earlier? 🙄

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Numerous bilateral meetings with US counterparts and Thailand’s friends

So, "US counterparts" and "Thailand's friends" are in separate categories?  Probably true.

3 hours ago, DBKAY said:

Confused in your geography. The United Nations is in New York. The other meetings are in DC. 

Oops, you're right. I've corrected that. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An anonymous source has reported

We need Mr or Mrs Anonymous give us more reports …. Not just this visit but any tidbits they have to keep us honestly informed about what the government is up too ….

The geographical location has little relevance or significance to the US other than venue IMO. It will be quite some time before the US extends any major commitment to S.E.A other than generalized platitudes via diplomatic utterance.

19 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

The geographical location has little relevance or significance to the US other than venue IMO. It will be quite some time before the US extends any major commitment to S.E.A other than generalized platitudes via diplomatic utterance.

And of course splashing about in the South China Sea..........to no great end other than annoyance.

30 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

DC has the Royal Thai Embassy so probably is a must stop in for him.

And “the pig” restaurant. Bet you more of a stop for him. I can definitely recommend that place.

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

And of course splashing about in the South China Sea..........to no great end other than annoyance.

But that annoyance  has purpose. Lesser than the expectations of some but as at least a degree of resistance to the impact of decaying claim to absolute dominance.A push for recognition that a more bipartisan agreement could be better than ??

7 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

But that annoyance  has purpose. Lesser than the expectations of some but as at least a degree of resistance to the impact of decaying claim to absolute dominance.A push for recognition that a more bipartisan agreement could be better than ??

Maybe, but I don't see the point. It'll never be their territory.

I find it very sad that there is this predominant expression of opinion that unless there is a compliance to western evaluations of "how the world  must operate" then it is automatically deficient.

Within a very short period of time humanity has abused it's presumed "intelligence" to precipitate not only the potential but the ongoing  result of it's underlying primitive ignorance.

The primary motivation for technological advancements is invariably for military purposes.That it becomes commercialized is a secondary  bonus.

I have come to the conclusion that it will never change and humanity as it exists now will wipe itself out and a lot more in so doing.

That is irregardless of the conspiracy  claims about  covid-19 itself rather than the repercussions of slightly longer term reaction to it.

If there are those who think I deviate from topic  then consider prevalent expressions of opinion placed here already  which dismiss the  legitimacy of an Asean  representative to an International body.

You want and need they should only read the notes you gave them? And then call for greater democracy as you dictate it?

Have  cake  and eat it?

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Hahaha, I hate when I agree with you. Forest for the trees. 

51 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Maybe, but I don't see the point. It'll never be their territory.

They are not trying to claim the territory to begin with,  and they are very clear in their purpose even if some don't like it. It's not really that hard to understand, you just have to want to understand.