News Forum - Thai government officials offered special promotional fares on Air Asia

Thaiger

31 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

If they had offered a discount to vaccinated farang, you'd hear the howling from a different segment of the population.

I recall in Australia they gave a discount to foreign tourists on the long distance trains - they may still do - and no-one made an issue of it.

Similarly, plenty of countries and private businesses give discounts to military and veterans for anything from Disneyland to dining, and no-one makes an issue about it.

TBH, I really can't see the problem with who they're giving the discount to as it's pretty broad and far from just the politicos: "government officials, members of the Federation of Thai Industries and the Thai Chamber of Commerce, as well as employees of state enterprises" so hundreds of thousands of people, and I absolutely can't see anything wrong with advertising it - what's the point in giving so many people a discount if you don't tell them???

Strikes me some here just want to find fault even when none exists.