News Forum - Occupancy at alternative quarantine hotels takes a nosedive

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I get the need for "everyone to feel safe", but the person who hasn't been able to work in a year and a half may be willing to take some risks.

I'm not sure how that would apply to those from Bangkok who've gone up to Chiang Mai for a holiday, but I suppose it all depends on whose life they're taking a risk with.

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Can't remember. It was better than the toddler's breakfast though. 

Screenshot_20210917_104457.thumb.jpg.4c70b6c40815c509c5836c963ac21446.jpg

Squid and rice soup. Breakfast of champions!

Looks like the breakfast appetizer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

That looks like a damn good breakfast to me!

Throw some chili flakes in the Koh Tom and good to go, no blandness

You don't think it's a bit on the small side??

I'm not a big guy. I weigh about 75kg. But that's just not enough!

8 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I'm a fat bastard and that is more than enough for me

But I am not a huge breakfast guy.

A banana and cup of yogurt is fine by me

If we stay at a big resort with free breakfast, I am usually eating just cereal by day 3 while wifey is still going strong  :)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

That's why Thai people are always eating. I packed a bunch of snacks for ASQ and then my S.O.'s mom sent over a bunch of Thai snacks (Thank god for Calbee...) and then when my first test came back negative the fresh fruit started showing up. You just have to set yourself up to eat the Thai way: constantly.

25 minutes ago, JamesE said:

That's why Thai people are always eating. I packed a bunch of snacks for ASQ and then my S.O.'s mom sent over a bunch of Thai snacks (Thank god for Calbee...) and then when my first test came back negative the fresh fruit started showing up. You just have to set yourself up to eat the Thai way: constantly.

My wife works at a Thai restaurant 

She starts at 4pm most days 

But she gets a text most days at 2:30pm that the chef made this or that and she goes in early 

29 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I'm hoping I don't have to do ASQ again what with upcoming rule changes, but if I do, the one thing I'd change in my approach to it would be to pack extra food. 

Thank God for the 2 litres of whisky I got in!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I'm hoping I don't have to do ASQ again what with upcoming rule changes, but if I do, the one thing I'd change in my approach to it would be to pack extra food. 

Thank God for the 2 litres of whisky I got in!!

After my own heart...

On 9/17/2021 at 11:14 AM, Graham said:

Som nam na, when you tripled the cost of staying at your quarantine detention centre's, what did you expect, I know first hand that the quality did not increase 3 fold, if it had, I would have enjoyed my stay. 555

That's not my experience. I've done 2 X 15-day quarantines in the last 6 months in Bangkok. The first one cost 40,000 Baht, was a bit upscale, awesome food, no complaints. The second time I chose a cheaper hotel, 34,000 Baht. The food was good, the room was much bigger and had a balcony, again no complaints, I was well taken care of.

The prices for these quarantine hotels are very reasonable considering how long you stay there, with 3 meals a day, nurses on staff, PCR tests included in the price.