News Forum - Occupancy at alternative quarantine hotels takes a nosedive

Thaiger

Bookings at alternative quarantine hotels have plummeted, with Prin Pathanatham from AQ Club Thailand saying average occupancy is currently around 25 – 30%. It’s believed rumours the quarantine period may be reduced from next month have led to the drop in bookings, coupled with signs that infections may have peaked. And Prin says the resumption of domestic flights from dark red provinces has done little to increase business. According to a Bangkok Post report, many international arrivals will have chosen the quarantine-free Phuket sandbox instead, while others may have deferred travel to see if quarantine is reduced from next month. […]

The post Occupancy at alternative quarantine hotels takes a nosedive appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

According to a Bangkok Post report, many international arrivals will have chosen the quarantine-free Phuket sandbox instead, while others

might have chosen another country?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Som nam na, when you tripled the cost of staying at your quarantine detention centre's, what did you expect, I know first hand that the quality did not increase 3 fold, if it had, I would have enjoyed my stay. 555

Edited by BigHewer
inappropriate language removed
  • Like 6

It's all easily explained. 

Here in CM, when I see 5 people from Bangkok exiting their car, without facemask, and entering a restaurant to sit there talking loudly and ignoring any distancing, that is a place where I don't go!

They shouldn't be traveling unnecessarily to areas with low vaccination rates anyway.

Nothing will work to restore the economy, until we all feel relatively safe. That means high levels of vaccination or restrictions.

Everything else will cause more sickness and death. It really is THAT simple.

• Like 3

What's not to like about ASQ, when they give you such filling meals as this....

Screenshot_20210917_072111.thumb.jpg.3f003cbf184bd942de1b045c40310821.jpg

As a way of dieting it wasn't too bad. 

My wife said I looked like a teenager again when I came out! 😆😆😆

Edited by TheDirtyDurian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Did it make you gay? 🙄

Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 11.27.04.png

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Bookings at alternative quarantine hotels have plummeted, with Prin Pathanatham from AQ Club Thailand saying average occupancy is currently around 25 – 30%. It’s believed rumours the quarantine period may be reduced from next month have led to the drop in bookings, coupled with signs that infections may have peaked. And Prin says the resumption of domestic flights from dark red provinces has done little to increase business. According to a Bangkok Post report, many international arrivals will have chosen the quarantine-free Phuket sandbox instead, while others may have deferred travel to see if quarantine is reduced from next month. […]

The post Occupancy at alternative quarantine hotels takes a nosedive appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bob your all over the place you just spent 3 days telling anybody with in ear distance Thailand opens in oct 

now this might be time to lay off the grog 

It’s believed rumours the quarantine period may be reduced from next month have led to the drop in bookings, coupled with signs that infections may have peaked.

Well all this sandbox planning won’t help them. Quick do another survey on the state of Hotels in Bangkok and Thailand ….. how many this time won’t last three months!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Your lucky not in the prison system as not only do you get a catered diet for your needs, but a chance of COVID-19 on the side… 

58 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What did you eat first? The chicken or the egg?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

until we all feel relatively safe. That means high levels of vaccination or restrictions.

You are in the wrong country if you want to "feel safe" Might be time to go back to nanny state west Bob.

• Like 2

Not surprising if they are all like the one I’m in.

instead of DeLuxe 31 Sqm I am housed in 15 Sqm at an address different from the one given on internet. With cold rice every day, bars on balcony and windows screwed shut.TV broken and internet slow. Insects in room and sewage smell from washroom.

I hope people are dissuaded by what I’m experiencing now.

• Like 1

Bookings at alternative quarantine hotels have plummeted, with Prin Pathanatham from AQ Club Thailand saying average occupancy is currently around 25 – 30%.

why would you book ASQ if no quarantine entry for vaccinated tourists was declared for next month?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

It's all easily explained. 

Here in CM, when I see 5 people from Bangkok exiting their car, without facemask, and entering a restaurant to sit there talking loudly and ignoring any distancing, that is a place where I don't go!

They shouldn't be traveling unnecessarily to areas with low vaccination rates anyway.

Nothing will work to restore the economy, until we all feel relatively safe. That means high levels of vaccination or restrictions.

...."until we all feel relatively safe." 

How exactly is that supposed to be quantified? I understand your point. But the spectrum of where people are at with their "level of concern" is all over the place depending upon their individual situation. I get the need for "everyone to feel safe", but the person who hasn't been able to work in a year and a half may be willing to take some risks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

...."until we all feel relatively safe." 

How exactly is that supposed to be quantified? I understand your point. But the spectrum of where people are at with their "level of concern" is all over the place depending upon their individual situation. I get the need for "everyone to feel safe", but the person who hasn't been able to work in a year and a half may be willing to take some risks.

While the virus is spreading his risk will be no less than it was before, so why did he wait and is now in a hurry? Time doesn't change the situation. Managing the virus changes the situation.

With some 80% vaccination rate we know that the risks of serious sickness or death decline significantly and who is then left unvaccinated is either at low risk (kids) or choose not to get the vaccine (take their own risk) or can't have the vaccine (nobody can do anything about that).

This is not about people not wanting the economy to restart. This is about doing so responsibly.

And when he catches or passes on the virus and someone becomes sick or dies, then who is going to work and take care of the family? There are 6000 deaths a month here!!! Much better to wait until we have a higher vaccination rate than that more check-out prematurely.

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

While the virus is spreading his risk will be no less than it was before, so why did he wait and is now in a hurry? Time doesn't change the situation. Managing the virus changes the situation.

With some 80% vaccination rate we know that the risks of serious sickness or death decline significantly and who is then left unvaccinated is either at low risk (kids) or choose not to get the vaccine (take their own risk) or can't have the vaccine (nobody can do anything about that).

This is not about people not wanting the economy to restart. This is about doing so responsibly.

And when he catches or passes on the virus and someone becomes sick or dies, then who is going to work and take care of the family? There are 6000 deaths a month here!!! Much better to wait until we have a higher vaccination rate than that more check-out prematurely.

desperate government,and desperate decisions ,and whatever happened to the manufacturing of AZ as promised delivered by,june and still waiting ?? 

2 minutes ago, harry1 said:

desperate government,and desperate decisions ,and whatever happened to the manufacturing of AZ as promised delivered by,june and still waiting ?? 

I agree. Desperation because there's nothing they can do to make it safer until people are vaccinated. And that won't happen overnight.

It would be far more responsible to simply say "everyone stay safe and protect yourself and each other by not travelling and spreading the virus". But they appear not to care too much.

AZ is being supplied as per contract. That's why it's now given standard as second dose.

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

What did you eat first? The chicken or the egg?

Can't remember. It was better than the toddler's breakfast though. 

Screenshot_20210917_104457.thumb.jpg.4c70b6c40815c509c5836c963ac21446.jpg

Squid and rice soup. Breakfast of champions!

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Actually a well balanced meal.  Protein, carbs, milk, and fruit.  The fact that he may not like squid for breakfast is another story and a matter of cultural conditioning ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Actually a well balanced meal.  Protein, carbs, milk, and fruit.  The fact that he may not like squid for breakfast is another story and a matter of cultural conditioning ;-)

I like squid actually.

But my 2 issues were the blandness, especially when you're getting the same thing every other day, and the portion size. It just wasn't enough. 

And i like milk too, just not that long life stuff in a carton. Maybe I'm too fussy I don't know. 

To me it seemed like at every step the hotel tried to give the cheapest food in the smallest quantities. Loads of crappy processed sausage like what you get in 7 all the time, I mean who actually buys and enjoys that stuff as a staple of their diet. 

15 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Seems like most falangs love 7-11 food, at least based off of what I see from Thailand vloggers.  

I'm assuming you have the option in ASQ to order food from outside that's delivered to your room.  It's not as is if you're going to starve to death during quarantine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saunk said:

Seems like most falangs love 7-11 food, at least based off of what I see from Thailand vloggers.  

I'm assuming you have the option in ASQ to order food from outside that's delivered to your room.  It's not as is if you're going to starve to death during quarantine.

Things may have changed since I did it, but there were a lot of limits to what you could order from outside. 

No hot food or any cooked food from outside was allowed. 

My wife made a delivery of fruit, mama, and crisps at one point which was allowed. 

The no cooked food from outside rule was supposedly to stop any tourists getting food poisoning and then be a weakened state if  C19 developed. The cynic in me tells me that it was to encourage guests to order room service separate from the set menu provided every day. 

And taking that a step further, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that the hotel purposefully made the food so shite to almost guarantee they'd make extra money from room service. 

So yeah. You wouldn't starve. But you'd certainly pay extra (on top of what is already an expensive stay) for the privilege. 

Maybe things have changed now though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

That looks like a damn good breakfast to me!

Throw some chili flakes in the Koh Tom and good to go, no blandness

• Like 2