News Forum - Will it, won’t it? October re-opening in doubt as Anutin defers to medical experts

Thaiger

Thailand’s public health minister has responded to comments from top medics who have questioned the wisdom of re-opening the country next month. Anutin Charnvirakul says any re-opening will need the go-ahead from the Department of Disease Control, adding that nothing has been confirmed yet. “No one said the country will re-open on October 1.” The Bangkok Post reports how, back in June, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha said Thailand would re-open to vaccinated tourists in 120 days. However, the country is currently still in the middle of a Covid crisis and some health experts say the government is being hasty. Anutin says […]

The post Will it, won’t it? October re-opening in doubt as Anutin defers to medical experts appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Anutin Charnvirakul says any re-opening will need the go-ahead from the Department of Disease Control, adding that nothing has been confirmed yet. “No one said the country will re-open on October 1.” The Bangkok Post reports how, back in June, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha said Thailand would re-open to vaccinated tourists in 120 days.

🤣 🤣 🤣 Left hand, right hand.  Deny, deny, deny.  All these phrases keep coming to mind.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

"No one said the country will re-open on October 1.”

Please, Anutin. Everyone said 1 October.

• Like 2

We are living in a time of collective insanity and global governmental gross incompetence. Covid is here, live with it. Vaccinated foreigners present no more of a threat than Thais in the country. But they bring money with them, and that money creates jobs and businesses, and jobs and businesses keep people alive. FFS open the damn country now - without quarantine. Endemic not pandemic.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Buttaxe said:

We are living in a time of collective insanity and global governmental gross incompetence. Covid is here, live with it. Vaccinated foreigners present no more of a threat than Thais in the country. But they bring money with them, and that money creates jobs and businesses, and jobs and businesses keep people alive. FFS open the damn country now - without quarantine. Endemic not pandemic.

I agree that vaccinated and PCR negative tourists do not add risk.

But while we have low vaccination rates, all MOVEMENT of people spreads the virus (like Songkran). That is why the country can not reopen for Thais and foreigners. We need to restrain ourselves until most are protected by the vaccines.

• Like 4

Can someone please explain how 70% of Bangkok residents have had their first shot. We haven’t even had an email yet giving us a date for our first shot and we are both in our late 40’s. I have underlying health conditions and I’m curious as to why we haven’t heard anything from “expat vac” yet. Do we have the wrong type of visa? We are here on the Elite programme.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ttyler said:

Can someone please explain how 70% of Bangkok residents have had their first shot. We haven’t even had an email yet giving us a date for our first shot and we are both in our late 40’s. I have underlying health conditions and I’m curious as to why we haven’t heard anything from “expat vac” yet. Do we have the wrong type of visa? We are here on the Elite programme.

You should have had an acceptance email from expatvac, immediately after registration.

If you did, they will get to you, or you can of course still go to a walk-in somewhere.

If you didn't, you'll need to re-apply or try elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Meanwhile, what happened to the flu?

Screenshot (12).png

Silver lining. It turns out that all the masks, and hand wringing  washing, and no hugs, and higher than normal flu  vaccine uptake, and all the other stuff we were doing for COVID just hammered the flu numbers. In the US the CDC is reporting one - count 'em, one - pediatric flu death. Final numbers for the general population aren't available but the US CDC's summary states: "In terms of hospitalizations, the cumulative rate of laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations in the 2020-2021 season was the lowest recorded since this type of data collection began in 2005."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, well, A-Nut-In doesn't know what to do because he is not qualified to be in that position (maybe he should be in charge of waste management, although he would probably mess that up too).

It's really simple, if you want to open, then open, if you are not ready to open or are too afraid then keep the country closed, the damage is already done Einstein, Thailand and the flip-flop of ideas and numbers must be the laughing stock of the world, everyone know you lot in government couldn't run a kindergarten never mind a country.

TIT.

Edited by BigHewer
inappropriate language deleted
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Bunch of liars, have no clue how to control COVID-19

Backpedalers is a nice way to put it. Dishonest Nincompoops is another. But all they care about is that they have controlled the virus amongst themselves as they are all fully jab juiced up and safe as a baby being held by its momma while they suckle the money booby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Silver lining. It turns out that all the masks, and hand wringing  washing, and no hugs, and higher than normal flu  vaccine uptake, and all the other stuff we were doing for COVID just hammered the flu numbers. In the US the CDC is reporting one - count 'em, one - pediatric flu death. Final numbers for the general population aren't available but the US CDC's summary states: "In terms of hospitalizations, the cumulative rate of laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations in the 2020-2021 season was the lowest recorded since this type of data collection began in 2005."

I read a study how this handsanitizer destroy your imun system and were warning for big flu waves and the peoples imun systems down will strugle or even can die of it. This report  was a year ago.

22 minutes ago, ttyler said:

If you're here on the Elite program Go to a private hospital and pay for it.  Your  underlying health problems should have indicated you applied for the vaccine's online.  I did and have completed two shots by end of July.  Two other friends (Canadian and English) have both had AZ a month ago all free from Thai government.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

I read a study how this handsanitizer destroy your imun system and were warning for big flu waves and the peoples imun systems down will strugle or even can die of it. This report  was a year ago.

I saw this report that the blue hand-wash would turn you into a smurf

isk.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Anutin Charnvirakul says any re-opening will need the go-ahead from the Department of Disease Control, adding that nothing has been confirmed yet.

Oh, hasn’t his Boss told us the opening will happen? More political infighting?

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Oh, hasn’t his Boss told us the opening will happen? More political infighting?

Yes, as if it was the first thing he told us that won't happen 🤣

49 minutes ago, ttyler said:

I am here on the same type of visa and I am now fully vaccinated [2 jabs] against Covid 19.

Call to Bumrungrad International Hospital and tell them that you are a foreigner living in Thailand, looking for Covid vaccination. They told me that the US gave them a certain amount of jabs to distribute to foreigners in Thailand so they still might have few left, BTW I am European so all foreigners goes.

im sure many  expats are ready to enter thailand.im hoping the vaccins get in to arms soon.and i keep looking to see what restrictions will be dropped.the coe and insurance are two keeping lots of tourtist away. i guess some can buy it,afford it,some maybe cant.but one  restriction to buying the insurance is if your over 74 or 75 in a few cases.the embassy wants your insurance ''bought from thai'' before you apply for visa.most wont sell you the covid thai policy if youre over the 74  -75 age.even i have insurance in usa that will cover me in thailand,the embassy dont accept that.so us older thai loveing guys are stuck.so im hoping thailand would consider  chargeing all who enter thailand an insurance fee at entry.maybe price it from $50 usd to $100 to $500 depending on your stay.most would never use it so thai would make money and it would cover the ones who skip out of hospital bills.right now thats a big restriction for lots of people wanting to return.ive been living in thailand 6 months each of the last 19 years. looking forward to being able to return.and im also hoping someone can get this idea to the thai govt.thanks for letting me post.hope all stays safe and covid free.  farang

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted said:

I am here on the same type of visa and I am now fully vaccinated [2 jabs] against Covid 19.

Call to Bumrungrad International Hospital and tell them that you are a foreigner living in Thailand, looking for Covid vaccination. They told me that the US gave them a certain amount of jabs to distribute to foreigners in Thailand so they still might have few left, BTW I am European so all foreigners goes.

Hi Ted, the US did not give vaccines for foreigners.

The US donated to Thailand, and Thailand then reserved some for foreigners.

Did you register on the expatvac website?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Please, Anutin. Everyone said 1 October.

Even Phipat and then he doubled down on it with BKK opening the 15th.  Has Anutin been living in a cheech & Chong movie being stoned out of his mind.

Thai authorities seem to think that tourists will “jump through any hoop” that they specify to come to Thailand. Sadly, even after “reopening” I think they may have a rude awakening.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Even Phipat and then he doubled down on it with BKK opening the 15th.  Has Anutin been living in a cheech & Chong movie being stoned out of his mind.

Everyday, a new episode of Anutin-Up in Smoke.

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

9 minutes ago, Alan8505 said:

Thai authorities seem to think that tourists will “jump through any hoop” that they specify to come to Thailand. Sadly, even after “reopening” I think they may have a rude awakening.

They could open today, virtually nobody would come. Red-listing, so people can't go home without quarantine on return first. And who wants to have a holiday here as the only guest in a hotel, with 75% of the country closed? Would you come?

Vaccinate people day and night until we are all protected.

Then open up.

Then no crazy rules needed either, only fully vaccinated and one negative PCR test upon arrival.

• Like 1