News Forum - American general defends “clandestine” phone calls with China

Thaiger

The American General, Mark Milley is defending himself following a revelation in a book that he had “secret” calls with China during concerns about former President Donald Trump. The calls date back to last October and January and were meant to reassure the Chinese military, says Mark. Former President Trump says the claims were made up and Republicans have demanded the general be dismissed from his post. Current President Biden says he has “great confidence” in the general. The general’s spokesperson says that calls pertained to his “duties and responsibilities” to convey a sense of reassurance and to keep up […]

The post American general defends “clandestine” phone calls with China appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Mark allegedly told Li that the American government was stable, and that America would not be attacking China. But if they did, China would be warned first. Trump is now accusing Mark of treason and has dismissed the phone calls as fake news."

Hmm...

Is Trump complaining because he thought that the US Government WASN"T stable and that he WAS going to launch a secret attack?

If not, exactly what did the General do wrong?

Just askin'

/

14 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"Mark allegedly told Li that the American government was stable, and that America would not be attacking China. But if they did, China would be warned first. Trump is now accusing Mark of treason and has dismissed the phone calls as fake news."

Hmm...

Is Trump complaining because he thought that the US Government WASN"T stable and that he WAS going to launch a secret attack?

Just askin'

/

We may never know, history now, but another head shake for the Chinese.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Should’ve nuked China for the virus. 

Well that and a lot more things may just get them a United bloody nose if they keep pushing it and press the trigger first. For me I really don’t care if it happens if they keep in doing the over step for the take take take mine mine mine line or trying to invade Taiwan. I almost would love to see them taken down quite a few pegs, but first without a war. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well that and a lot more things may just get them a United bloody nose if they keep pushing it and press the trigger first. For me I really don’t care if it happens if they keep in doing the over step for the take take take mine mine mine line or trying to invade Taiwan. I almost would love to see them taken down quite a few pegs, but first without a war. 

Have you ever noticed that most times the "loser" of modern major wars end up better than before?

An exception to that could be a nuclear  war in which case there will be no winners other than microbes and cockroaches !.

• Like 1

It's either fake news or it's treason (if that)... can't be both Donny boy!! Make up your mind on whichever moronic strategy you're going to try and score some political points with. Choosing to do both at the same time does not just make you look like a twat, it makes you look like a stupid twat...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Have you ever noticed that most times the "loser" of modern major wars end up better than before?

An exception to that could be a nuclear  war in which case there will be no winners other than microbes and cockroaches !.

Fair observation. Let's take Japan. Nuked twice, and probably worse was the fire bombing of the cities buy the U.S. and by every metric Japan is a far superior country than the U.S. now. I have traveled all over both countries and I can say without a doubt Japan is miles ahead of America. Incredible public transit and infrastructure, very low crime, high quality of life, beautiful cities. America? Go watch some of the videos on YT about Philly, SF, LA or just about any big city. Violently dangerous 3rd world slums.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

I did say but first without a war. What is the other choice? Let them do anything and take  everything they want? If the USA did this BS then I would say bring them down a peg as well. But the CCP takes the cake. 
Beside more than likely it would be a very short skirmish in a certain small area without nukes. 

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If the USA did this BS then I would say bring them fine a peg as well.

I don't agree with but I can see China's point regarding neighbouring Taiwan.

The USA have invaded, attached and bombed the sหเt out of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq, Afghanistan for very flimsy official reasons that largely didn't stack up. 

The recent anti China sentiment has been a wind up by the Murdoch press. The Chinese don't want to start a war, it isn't their style, they just want to own stuff. And they will own more stuff than the USA within the next two decades. That annoys the USA who have been number 1 for so long that they believe it is their God given right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I did say but first without a war. What is the other choice? Let them do anything and take  everything they want? If the USA did this BS then I would say bring them fine a peg as well. But the CCP takes the cake. 
Beside more than likely it would be a very short skirmish in a certain small area without nukes. 

You could be right about a short skirmish.  I would not want to put money on either side in that other than to say if obliged to I would  say if nukes were avoided I would hesitate to expect a US claim to victory.

If nukes became involved then collectively we are finished sooner than later. IMO.

14 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I don't agree with but I can see China's point regarding neighbouring Taiwan.

The USA have invaded, attached and bombed the sหเt out of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Iraq, Afghanistan for very flimsy official reasons that largely didn't stack up. 

The recent anti China sentiment has been a wind up by the Murdoch press. The Chinese don't want to start a war, it isn't their style, they just want to own stuff. And they will own more stuff than the USA within the next two decades. That annoys the USA who have been number 1 for so long that they believe it is their God given right.

For me I have been pretty against China for a long long time. Just not getting on a band wagon now. Might have been the Tibet thing infuriating me more and more, or them backing the north in the VN war as when I started to look outside of my tiny little box in my teens and then 20’s. Anyway there is really nothing I can do about them if the powers just turn their backs. For Taiwan I just hope they have their backs covered against China and no it is not their communist given right to invade and take a country that denies them and governs themselves and calls themselves Taiwanese. The CCP’s logic and reasons are pure pig manure. No need to bring the USA into this for what was in the past as this is only about the CCP. Besides the CCP were also directly involved with most of what you mentioned being on the opposite side. 
Anyway it is also unfortunately true the USA elite a-holes certainly did help to make this evil into a huge dangerous giant. Not sleeping anymore as they have woken up now or actually just pulled the covers off their head so now everyone can see they weren’t actually sleeping but fooling us. Only can wait and see what happens. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

You could be right about a short skirmish.  I would not want to put money on either side in that other than to say if obliged to I would  say if nukes were avoided I would hesitate to expect a US claim to victory.

If nukes became involved then collectively we are finished sooner than later. IMO.

Being a dad, I don’t ever want to think about anything terrible like a nuclear war to happen in my kids life time or for their children in their lifetime. This darn Covid is bad enough. But I also don’t want them to see the CCP running and controlling the world either. Nothing good can come from that. Just pray for a happy medium and reasonable balance. And to date my son has never been in a fight in school or anywhere, and I never ever want him to be or have one ever as well. Not bad for him being in his 20’s never been punched and never threw a punch. Now dear old dad is another story. But dear old dad is getting older and has mellowed out a lot. Probably those days are done for me and well in the past if am lucky. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Just askin'

He went outside the chain of command. The US military has always had civilian officials at the top, including the president. Milley felt none of those people - all extremely recent Trump appointees - could be trusted and went outside the chain of command to talk with the US's "adversaries". He's being hailed as doing the right thing, but he also violated the underlying precept of the US's relationship with the military. I agree with what he did, but I also think he needs to remove himself - via retirement and lucrative book deals and board memberships - from the military because he broke the rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JamesE said:

He went outside the chain of command. The US military has always had civilian officials at the top, including the president. Milley felt none of those people - all extremely recent Trump appointees - could be trusted and went outside the chain of command to talk with the US's "adversaries". He's being hailed as doing the right thing, but he also violated the underlying precept of the US's relationship with the military. I agree with what he did, but I also think he needs to remove himself - via retirement and lucrative book deals and board memberships - from the military because he broke the rules.

I agree 100% with this post..........couldn't agree more

I despise Trump but Miley went outside his chain of command.

He should say he did what he needed to do for the country but say he needs to resign..............

• Like 2

Its been reported  that some Generals and others ,no doubt, think that that military leader turn activist for the left, committed treason !

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-milley-resignation-treason-dereliction-duty-don-bolduc

Even the traitor, Alexander  Vindman  said  the general 

got to go!

https://news.yahoo.com/alexander-vindman-says-milley-must-215200991.html

Trump inherited a mess from his former predecessors. Many of the career people from those predecessors who worked in Govt agencies, had their own agenda and it wasn't  always to benefit  Trump .People like the activist general(Milley) and Vindman were just 2 incidents of non elected  bureaucrats having  their take on how things are suppose to be  in Govt. Unfortunately the  Trump Admin had the most leaks of any administration, thanks to people like Milley!

The swamp,intel agencies,media CEO's and their cabal of reporters, GOP, Military ,Dems, Globalist elites were out to destroy the guy who was exposing them  .

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

Milley's job is to advise the US President, security councils and the Secretary of Defense - not foreign powers. So, if he has done what is alleged, he should not resign, he should be kicked out. 

Edited by Fester
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Washington DC is a big deep stinky swamp. Trump was the first American president ever to come out from totally outside without either public office or military experience. Most of them were lawyers in the past and they were politicians first and already in the corrupt bargain game big time.

That is why he was kicked out by any means necessary, including corrupt elections in some states. He interfered the corrupt game where politicians and generals enrich themselves and mingle with the lobbyists and get big corporation lucrative jobs in exchange for services rendered. 

Trump approached the federal government as a business problem to be solved when it is basically a criminal corrupt mafia problem. You can't fix things if too many are on the take, including judges. 

He is kind of Gorbachev of USA, trying to fix a government that cannot be fixed anymore. Gorbachev tried too with USSR but it caused the collapse instead.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Thanks 1

General Milley's job was to defend the country, Trump was obviously in the General's eyes unstable, so he took it upon himself to look after the interests of the USA. However, Trump did do his own private negotiations with Putin, off camera, off the record, Trump cosied up to 'Rocket Man' of North Korea, again doing things off the record. But he was elected by the American people blinded by the promises, whereas Milley was given a job to do, he wasn't elected. The problem we have across the world is that no one has any scruples or honour left in them, they BS the populous, they lie, they swindle and they get away with it. Maybe Milley is hoping he can get away with it, just like Snowden, remember him?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

General Milley's job was to defend the country, Trump was obviously in the General's eyes unstable, so he took it upon himself to look after the interests of the USA.

Oh, so going behind his back is ok as long as it is one from your team doing it. Never mind those pesky laws like committing a treason or election laws. Typical Democrat.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

Trump was obviously in the General's eyes unstable

For someone so “mentally unstable” Trump didn’t start any new wars, unlike Biden who started wars in Libya and Syria. Look how those turned out. For someone so “mentally unstable” he didn’t order a retaliatory strike against Iran after they downed one of our drones. For someone so “mentally unstable” in the general’s eyes, Trump deliberated and ordered man on the ground strikes against ISIS leadership and assassinated one of Iran’s generals. The current resident managed to vaporize an aid worker and 7 of his children, then the resident celebrated about it. For such a “mentally unstable” person, we saw relative peace and no new wars for the general to fight in. 

5 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

However, Trump did do his own private negotiations with Putin, off camera, off the record,

For someone who “cozied” up to Putin Trump didn’t receive any benefits. But Trump did sanction anyone related to Putin’s Pet Project: Nord Stream 2 Pipeline. Effectively halting its construction and any tens of millions of dollars Putin would receive from Germany. 

For someone who “cozied” up to Putin, Trump did manage to send lethal aid to Ukraine against Russian-backed forces by sending out anti-tank missiles, mortars and guns. 

For someone who “cozied” up to Putin, Trump managed to sanction numerous Russian politicians, businessman and people connected to Putin. Strange cozy relationship indeed. 

But Biden did manage to end the sanctions against Nord Stream 2 giving away the prize to Putin! Biden also send out canned food and sleeping bags when he was VP under Obama. Oh yea dont forget how his sons received a $3 million wire transfer from the mayor of Moscow. Who is more cozy??

10 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

Trump cosied up to 'Rocket Man' of North Korea, again doing things off the record.

Strange indeed and what came out of it? Well it’s not the first time Biden left Americans behind. At least Trump got Otto Warmbier out but he died shortly after returning to the US. Surely he would have been alive if Biden did it when he was VP right? Also at least Trump got our war dead out of North Korea. Biden couldn’t even get the live ones out of Afghanistan. But he did manage to vaporize 10 innocent people along with 7 children to remain dead in Afghanistan along with the 13 marines dead too!

12 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

But he was elected by the American people blinded by the promises,

Let’s see record unemployment, effectively stopping illegal immigration, no new wars, lowered taxes, confronting China (who is the main threat not Russia) and sending a wrecking ball in the hallowed halls of the elites. 

13 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

General Milley's job was to defend the country

How do you defend the country when you give America’s #1 adversary of any potential attack. Will the Chinese general do the same before they attack the US?

14 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

The problem we have across the world is that no one has any scruples or honour left in them

The media lies. Look at the Russian Collision conspiracy theory. Now it’s proven it’s all a big lie created by Hilary Clinton. At least Trump was honest. He was a straight shooter and didn’t rely on poll tested talking points. 

15 minutes ago, Ellenrocr said:

Maybe Milley is hoping he can get away with it

He will. He’s corrupt. After Bidens total unconditional surrender to the Taliban he’ll keep his job. 

• Like 2